Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    Uhm it's far from a useless feature. It makes it so that no matter what content you are doing, you get rewarded appropiately. That means that the game rewards you for exploring all there is in the game to explore and for whatever content you like doing the most.
    Aaah good old selective quoting of the middle of a finished conversation from weeks ago. How I've missed you.

But repetition is the mother of learning as they say so here we go again: Sooooo your "reward" for being max level is ... what exactly. Oh I know, double the time it takes to do anything. Good stuff.

P.S. Keep going, now's the time to mention legacy and other people. If Fencers can do it you can do it too, don't give up. I'll concede your point while not agreeing with you, I promise. Free internet win right there !

Sooooo your "reward" for being max level is ... what exactly
    Access to level 65 rewards, abilities, equipment and content.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Access to level 65 rewards, abilities, equipment and content.
    Hmm is it in any way possible I'd have gotten those without level sync? One has to wonder.

it is, level sync is not active in KotFE chapters

So completely useless then? Ok.

P.S. Lesane had a good thing going Fencers, free win guaranteed and everything, why did you have to derail it like that.
    Last edited by Goshko; 2015-11-06 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goshko View Post
    Aaah good old selective quoting of the middle of a finished conversation from weeks ago. How I've missed you.

But repetition is the mother of learning as they say so here we go again: Sooooo your "reward" for being max level is ... what exactly. Oh I know, double the time it takes to do anything. Good stuff.

P.S. Keep going, now's the time to mention legacy and other people. If Fencers can do it you can do it too, don't give up. I'll concede your point while not agreeing with you, I promise. Free internet win right there !
    What is the reward again for doing it without level synch? What have you actually lost beside the ability to one shot mobs? Did you really dedicate most of your time running around low level planets shooting at random low level mobs cackling at your own power level ? Lets make a breakdown of things:

- I'm here for achievements and this had made it impossible: You still kill things quite fast. You are slowed down a bit, but you are still able to tear through the mobs with ease.
    - I won't be helping lowbies with heroics anymore: When you did it pre - 4.0, you received absolutely nothing, besides gratitude from the lowbie you just helped. Post - 4.0, you still receive the gratitude plus you receive a crate filled with items that are of use to you. (Vanity gear, mount, gear or companion gift). If you are of not max level, your progression toward to next level is not hindered and the lowbie is not receiving any penalty to the XP because of your level.
    - RP in lowbie area: Again, your power is not that diminished that you will face any challenge in playing out your RP or in the event of RP event, a group of you will not notice anything different.
    - World PVP: From what I've experienced you are still powerful if you are out to gank some lowbies, but now they have a advantage over you if they band up. This is a highly positive for me.
    - Dismounting: Since the dismounting is dependent on your speeder skill and not your level, this point is entirely mute. After playing for a while you will notice which mobs does a guaranteed dismount (e.g. Big droids, missile attacks)
    - Aggro: Even pre 4.0 it is quite easy to avoid the mobs in the open areas. With the reduced cooldown on Quick Travel and auto unlock on the numerous speeder paths, the level synch does not make a huge difference in avoiding mobs.
    - Wold Boss: I regard it as a positive that they are not soloed. Encourages actual group play and currently a increase in those groups.

Did I miss something?

Hmm is it in any way possible I'd have gotten those without level sync? One has to wonder.

it is, level sync is not active in KotFE chapters

P.S. Lesane had a good thing going Fencers, free win guaranteed and everything, why did you have to derail it like that.
    It is active. But it's also necessary from a story perspective as part of the overarching story (gaining rep with the dudes at your base etc.) requires you to go back to old worlds that are again part of the storyline. It will make sense when you get there.

Quote Originally Posted by karumayu View Post
    - I'm here for achievements and this had made it impossible: You still kill things quite fast. You are slowed down a bit, but you are still able to tear through the mobs with ease.
    My point exactly. It does nothing but slow me down a little bit.

- I won't be helping lowbies with heroics anymore: When you did it pre - 4.0, you received absolutely nothing, besides gratitude from the lowbie you just helped. Post - 4.0, you still receive the gratitude plus you receive a crate filled with items that are of use to you. (Vanity gear, mount, gear or companion gift). If you are of not max level, your progression toward to next level is not hindered and the lowbie is not receiving any penalty to the XP because of your level.
    I'll never help lowbies because I'm not going to those planets any more outside of a teleport to target, finish asap and leave. It's already slower then before, why slow it down further? And I already broke that since I'm routinely helping lowbies on Hutta. You know why? Because I oneshot everything there.

- RP in lowbie area: Again, your power is not that diminished that you will face any challenge in playing out your RP or in the event of RP event, a group of you will not notice anything different.
    - World PVP: From what I've experienced you are still powerful if you are out to gank some lowbies, but now they have a advantage over you if they band up. This is a highly positive for me.
    - Dismounting: Since the dismounting is dependent on your speeder skill and not your level, this point is entirely mute. After playing for a while you will notice which mobs does a guaranteed dismount (e.g. Big droids, missile attacks)
    - Aggro: Even pre 4.0 it is quite easy to avoid the mobs in the open areas. With the reduced cooldown on Quick Travel and auto unlock on the numerous speeder paths, the level synch does not make a huge difference in avoiding mobs.
    - Wold Boss: I regard it as a positive that they are not soloed. Encourages actual group play and currently a increase in those groups.
    Did I miss something?
    Since I'm an operative playing on a PvE server the first 4 simply don't apply to me (and you have point since those 4 don't inconvenience me in any way). And when did I ever mentioned World bosses. I have zero interest in them outside of Qyzen recruitment which I finished in less then an hour.

You did actually miss something. How is any of this benefiting a max level player? All I see is a list explaining how the inconvenience is minor. I know it's minor, I don't know why it exist and why I should like it. I'm willing to overlook it for now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It is active. But it's also necessary from a story perspective as part of the overarching story (gaining rep with the dudes at your base etc.) requires you to go back to old worlds that are again part of the storyline. It will make sense when you get there.
    Is it? Huh could have sworn I was 65 for most of it.

Already got all those dudes. Not sure what you mean though. I'll keep it spoiler free:

- Pierce - instantly joined because of 40+ valor. Even if he didn't quest has nothing to do with planet - just warzones.
    - Qyzen - damned world bosses. Did it in under an hour though. Maybe it would've mattered if I went for wampa pelts but world bosses are faster and easier so ..
    - Lokin - Agent, thank you very much. And if I wasn't? GTN has no level sync

You get teleport to each one. Zero interaction with the actual world they are on needed (except for maybe Qyzen)

Or did you mean the bunker assaults? It's killing 1 mob out in the world. Literally. The rest is in an instanced zone, never paid any attention if the mobs in the zone were at planet level.

Or do you have info for the next chapter. If so - spill
    Last edited by Goshko; 2015-11-06 at 05:52 PM.

I apologize if my whole post seem to be targeted at you, which is not my intention. The list was a summary of the basic complaints that is leveled at the whole level synch. I do not think the level synch is aimed at the max level player, but more towards those who are leveling in order to ensure that they do not over level the content, there by feeling the story content, that they are doing is of a hindrance for their character progression. Also I can see that some of the changes it had brought is of no interest to you, but there are many who do enjoy the aspects of the game I mentioned, for whom this change is affecting their game play. I just consider them to be positive and the minor increase of time inconsequential.

It is also a handy tool for the developers to add content into the lower level planets easily and not to worry about the difference in level of the players doing them. An option to re-use some of the content that did not see much usage (Planetary heroics) and provide the players with meaningful rewards for their time doing these.
    Last edited by karumayu; 2015-11-06 at 06:05 PM.

I see your point and it's most likely good for the game, that's why I'm willing to overlook it. Don't have to like it though

I'm going for 20 on all branches of the alliance, I'll probably be able to do the planetary heroics blindfolded by the end:/ Seriously it's 6 boxes for 1 level now and I'm 14...
    Last edited by Goshko; 2015-11-06 at 08:09 PM.

what stuff can you not solo that you could before? I haven't done everything I guess but for the most part it's all much easier (often I can just have my companion kill everything while I eat crackers or something)

I see your point and it's most likely good for the game, that's why I'm willing to overlook it. Don't have to like it though

I'm going for 20 on all branches of the alliance, I'll probably be able to do the planetary heroics blindfolded by the end:/ Seriously it's 6 boxes for 1 level now and I'm 14...
    Yup, it's quite the time sink/grind. I'm working on faction with the 4 branches and getting all the planets "rescued" or whatever, so I can get all companions. I have quite a grind ahead of me -_-

This is illogical and silly. You asked what is the "reward" for being max level- expressly being max level entitles one to abilities, level 65 earnings, equipment and content. Level sync is irrelevant and has no bearing on this fact of gameplay expression one way or the other.

You are asking two different questions:

What's the max level reward for players? Access to level 65 stuff.

What's the reward of level sync? Continued XP gain and equitable currency relative to level.

Impossible. This is also illogical and factually incorrect.

If one gained +1 exp with level sync vs. gaining 0 exp with level sync- the system can not be 'completely useless'. It may be of little interest or incentive to you, personally, but that is strictly relevant to a developer designing a feature platform for a game in active live development.

I don't understand what you are saying here. I do not pay attention to (& dislike) "forum games", personalities, humanist posts and personability. Apologies if this line was intended in such a style or "humor".

I only care about gameplay expression and design. Nothing else is of interest to me.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2015-11-07 at 03:14 AM.

I still haven't seen a single reason why the system FF:ARR uses for Fates/levelling is not a better system than this pile of crap. Mobs that are relevant to whatever on-level content are clearly marked and immune to any interaction unless you hit the "Level sync" button. You can't touch other people's World Bosses or H2 mobs, you can interfere with other people's personal stories or dailies (those mobs are entirely off hands), but if you are higher level enough and want to speed through a region uninterrupted then you can do that just fine. The only thing they would have to improve is the scaling of the rewards to match your actual level.

So again, what does the enforced level-sync system offers that the FF:ARR system does not? Same goes for their dungeons and raids system.

Quote Originally Posted by Pourekos View Post
    I still haven't seen a single reason why the system FF:ARR uses for Fates/levelling is not a better system than this pile of crap. Mobs that are relevant to whatever on-level content are clearly marked and immune to any interaction unless you hit the "Level sync" button. You can't touch other people's World Bosses or H2 mobs, you can interfere with other people's personal stories or dailies (those mobs are entirely off hands), but if you are higher level enough and want to speed through a region uninterrupted then you can do that just fine. The only thing they would have to improve is the scaling of the rewards to match your actual level.

So again, what does the enforced level-sync system offers that the FF:ARR system does not? Same goes for their dungeons and raids system.
    Not losing abilities/talents as you get downleveled is really the only thing that comes to mind. I don't mind the SWTOR system though. The system coming in Legion sounds even better. Have to see how it is ultimately implemented though.
    Last edited by Treeba; 2015-11-07 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeba View Post
    Not losing abilities/talents as you get downleveled is really the only thing that comes to mind. I don't mind the SWTOR system though. The system coming in Legion sounds even better. Have to see how it is ultimately implemented though.
    I agree with the first part 100%, I forgot about that.

Regarding Legion's system, I will judge it when it's out, but I am not too positive about Blizzard after WoD.

level sync has had no real effect on my ability to speed through areas un-interrupted; you still have your level 3 speeder

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    level sync has had no real effect on my ability to speed through areas un-interrupted; you still have your level 3 speeder
    Sure, but you actually aggro things now and they can knock you off your mount or pull you back to them. Way too many trivial mobs in this game have knock backs and grapples, imo. I mean power-level wise it doesn't matter cause you can smack them down in 2-3 seconds, but it's still annoying.
    Last edited by Treeba; 2015-11-07 at 10:54 PM.

I seriously didn't even know it was possible to be knocked off your mount still.

Is it just elites or the champion monsters?

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I seriously didn't even know it was possible to be knocked off your mount still.

Depends a lot on your mount. When I use my old EC tank mount I almost never get dismounted, but some of the other ones only offer moderate dismount protection. I've been
    dismounted by just about every level of mob. I think some of the elites/champions have abilities that auto dismount you as they have even knocked me off the EC mount.

I'm also pretty lazy about going around things... I tend to just drive through the middle of them and if needed aoe them down.

Depends on the mob and it's abilities. You still need a lot of damage done to you to get knocked off for that, but any mob that can use a knockdown ability can knock you off in one shot by using that.