Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelaphim-EX View Post
    They need to merge more servers. CRZ sucks. You get all of the negatives of having a higher population server (competition for mobs, people being jerks, rare spawn camping (not an issue on TI/WoD, but is for Cata/Wrath rares), and competition for resources) without any of the benefits (healthier AH, larger pool of people to draw from for groups/raids).
    This.

Merge realms properly, then allow surnames and/or multi-word names.

10+ Year Old Account
    More like why aren't they all connected at this point?

The "server community" thing always makes me laugh. We're talking about several thousand of players on a high populated realm back then. What community are you talking about?

Usually when people talk about this, what they mean are those few "top" progress guilds every realm used to have and the incestuous little circle of loudmouths that was attached to them. These people used to live in the illusion that they were "the community" and some of the myth obviously still persists. Newsflash, noone ever cared.

I also don't understand this obsession with "social interaction". What's the matter? Lonely? Need someone to talk to? Is is that bad? Never understood this BS. I always wanted to play the game first and foremost. I don't wanna be in anybody's clique and fuckin' talk to people all the time. I think chat rooms and dating sites are better suited for that kind of experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    The last thing we need is more realms. Cities are empty enough already.
    Yea, hopefully theyll just merge all realms together completely and do something to spread players out a bit around the world and different capitals. Even if all servers were merged into one, I think the world has grown big enough to house all players easily if they took care of players getting clustered in few popular spots only and would also solve any and all faction balance issues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Yea, hopefully theyll just merge all realms together completely and do something to spread players out a bit around the world and different capitals. Even if all servers were merged into one, I think the world has grown big enough to house all players easily if they took care of players getting clustered in few popular spots only and would also solve any and all faction balance issues.
    I don't want more people on MY SERVER, keep them away! I didn't roll on a low pop server to be playing on a high pop server. Those other people add absolutely nothing for us, they're as unknown as can be.

Deleted
    definitely. cross realm stuff ruined the game quite a bit.

I'm confused how CRZ stops you hanging out in major city's with your realm only. I didn't think the major city's were CRZ, only open world areas and only if your realm's zone was low population. So if you end up in a CRZ zone you probably didn't have anyone to talk to in the first place.

CRZ is not the same as the realm mergers.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Cross realm zones should disappear into the dustbin of bad ideas. Merging servers accomplished a necessary goal, CRZ just ruins zones and economies for all servers linked together. The only way to make CRZ not be a total shit of an idea, but rather a tolerably shitty idea is to link all the AHs in connected realms. That way people killing rares and gathering mats in a CRZ can sell their goods in a larger economy instead of absconding with all the khorium in a shared Outland and selling it on one bloody server.

Those of you posting this bullshit do realize that players on your realm are bringing resources back from other realms right? What about the fact that prior to cross faction auction houses that players of the opposite faction on your very own realm was potentially taking resources out of your faction's economy as well. Why didn't you complain about that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dexodar View Post
    Yes. They should also have single-difficulty realms. Like "mythic only" realm where all PvE content (quests, 5 mans, raids) is tuned to be difficult. Also no character transfers in there (like PvE -> PvP used to be) and no cross-realm anything (you can only interact with players on your own realm).

- - - Updated - - -

Each character should have a free transfer on 6 month cooldown. But Blizzard makes too much money from people escaping dead realms (that Blizzard's poor game design caused in the first place). It's the new profit >>> everything Blizzard.
    And yet when Blizzard put transfer services on a 50% sale many, many, many, many people reported both here and on the official forums that their realms and factions were emptying out in front of their very eyes due to that sale. This proved for once and for all that the transfers are priced as a deterrent not as a money maker.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Zones and cities are way too overcrowded atm.
    This is pretty much a blatant lie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    You just cant face the fact that Blizzard may have made a mistake can you? To blame the players for using the very tools that Blizzard implemented, encouraged and reduced game difficulty for is laughable. You need to stop looking at things from a ridiculously bias position and realize if you encourage use of a system that removes the need need for social interaction don't be surprised if it kills social interaction.

The game used to have server communities - now it doesn't, the only thing that changed was the game.
    You are exactly the kind of elitist that made the oh so wonderful "server communities" the cess pools that they were. Cross realm tech gave players the ability to get the fuck away from players like you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    This.

Merge realms properly, then allow surnames and/or multi-word names.
    And what exactly do you mean by "properly"? Server mergers and connected realms accomplish the exact same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    The "server community" thing always makes me laugh. We're talking about several thousand of players on a high populated realm back then. What community are you talking about?

Usually when people talk about this, what they mean are those few "top" progress guilds every realm used to have and the incestuous little circle of loudmouths that was attached to them. These people used to live in the illusion that they were "the community" and some of the myth obviously still persists. Newsflash, noone ever cared.

I also don't understand this obsession with "social interaction". What's the matter? Lonely? Need someone to talk to? Is is that bad? Never understood this BS. I always wanted to play the game first and foremost. I don't wanna be in anybody's clique and fuckin' talk to people all the time. I think chat rooms and dating sites are better suited for that kind of experience.
    What they really mean is they miss the ability to exclude players from content and treat them like absolute crap because they know no matter how badly they act as long as their guild found them useful there was never any accountability or consequences for that kind of toxic behavior.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    I don't want more people on MY SERVER, keep them away! I didn't roll on a low pop server to be playing on a high pop server. Those other people add absolutely nothing for us, they're as unknown as can be.
    Too god damn bad. Realms were never meant to be low pop. It was never meant to be an option or for it to cater to a certain play style. Mmos are social games where you interact with other players and with the game world and no I don't give a flying fuck if you don't interact with others because even passive interaction is still interaction and still has an impact on players who aren't you. The kind of game you want is a solo game not a mmo.
    Last edited by xanzul; 2015-10-28 at 05:21 AM.

Wow...

So much mis-information and BS in this thread.

But to answer the OP's question, and I can't believe this hasn't been addressed yet, there ARE realms that aren't cross realmed in major cities. High pop realms aren't.

Here's a list:

https://realmpop.com/

Quote Originally Posted by xxxDkDkxxx View Post
    Blizzard should just stop beating around the bush and merge realms.
    CRZ didn't help. Virtual realms did fuck all.

I don't know what this means (English is my native language), but virtual realms is merging realms.
    Last edited by ablib; 2015-10-28 at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bocek View Post
    I'm confused how CRZ stops you hanging out in major city's with your realm only. I didn't think the major city's were CRZ, only open world areas and only if your realm's zone was low population. So if you end up in a CRZ zone you probably didn't have anyone to talk to in the first place.

CRZ is not the same as the realm mergers.
    That is all simply the cross realm zone hate brigade's incredibly poorly thought out talking points that have been debunked over and over since the feature was implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by mottaman View Post
    All i remember before cross server were empty cities and zones all to myself... I wish blizzard would just merge the servers since we have way too many for no reason
    That's impossible. You'll end up having extremely long que times for expansion launches and content patches.

CRZ killed community as much as smart phones killed socializing in public transportation (like we did a lot of that before anyway). In the end, the community was meh to begin with and CRZ just revealed our true nature and interest.

And I would argue that you're looking things with a rose-tinted glasses. Strong server communities, especially in RP servers still exist, along with the common trade chat trolls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I don't know what this means (English is my native language), but virtual realms is merging realms.
    It means it didn't have any effect. There's still the same amount of realms to choose from. Players are still scattered around dead realms. They didn't evevn bother to virtualize all realms, just left shit undone and called it a day.

Sorry if the terminology was unclear
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fuck+all

Quote Originally Posted by MalfTM View Post
    Hey, am i the only one who miss the time that servers had a community, and when you Hung out in major cities you knew the people you saw and even the guilds they were in. Nowadays people might aswell be Npc's... So my idea is that Blizzard introduce a few servers that arent cross realmed in zones( obviously they would still need to be cross Realmed in bg's, Lfg etc).

Anyway! Might just be me, what is your opinion on this?
    In a few words yes.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

For me, the ideal solution would be to scrap CRZ altogether, but merge more realms.

CRZ does nothing to address issues to do with the auction house markets, forming groups and the community that affect low-pop realms. All it does is create the artificial illusion of a busier realm by filling the world with people who aren't on your server and who you will most likely never see again, who just seem to be there to make it that little bit harder to get quest objectives or hunt for rares.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glowbear View Post
    For me, the ideal solution would be to scrap CRZ altogether, but merge more realms.
    I really do enjoy people who have simple ideas without thinking through the technical hurdles that have to be accomplished to do them.

So if we're merging realms so that Realm A and Realm B = Realm C. How would you deal with toons with the same name? Which Bob (assuming there is a Bob on Realm A and another Bob on Realm B) gets to keep Bob and which player has to "choose a new name"? Remember that you can't have Bob-RealmA and Bob-RealmB because it's all one server now.

Surnames were suggested by another post, but then do you really want to type out Bob Surname for directed whispers? Also there might be some (unknown to us) difficulty with spaces. Consider this, even servers with spaces (Earthen Ring) get their spaces removed in-game (EarthenRing). It's not that other MMOs haven't added spaces, it was how they were designed from the ground up. Changing it after the fact is a lot more difficult because of the various systems already in place that have to be modified. From a programming standpoint, there's a lot more to it then hey let's just make a quick change.

No what CRZ has done is bring more anonymity to the community at large which enables bad behavoir. What is really needed is a way to re-establish (account based) reputation regardless of what server you're on (or what toon you're on). This way if Carl D-bag is true to his name, then he'll find that very quickly everyone knows to stay away from him. Premade groups will avoid him and while LFD/LFR might lump Carl in with others, it would be great if WoW could lump all the Carl D-bags together and away from the rest of the population.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    I really do enjoy people who have simple ideas without thinking through the technical hurdles that have to be accomplished to do them.
    I don't especially think that deserved such a patronising response, but whatever.

Simple misunderstanding - I was using the term 'merge' when really what I meant was 'connect', like what was done across the board recently. So Realm A, Realm B and Realm C become one big connected realm, Realm A-Realm B-Realm C, but keep their own names, thus avoiding any issues with name clashes or the need for surnames. Hopefully that makes sense. The word 'merge' seems to be used a lot in relation to the recent connecting of realms.

I think they should, but only a couple of them and there should be systems in place that prevent them from being low populated in that case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glowbear View Post
    Simple misunderstanding - I was using the term 'merge' when really what I meant was 'connect'....
    Ah well in that case, connecting realms (especially more realms) would be a better route than merging realms. There are still some issues with connected realms though. The ugly directed whisper comes up again since WoW isn't smart enough to determine whether you wanted to speak with Bob from RealmA or RealmB unless you specify Bob-RealmX. It's a minor issue though.

The technical hurdles of migrating a server so that it connects with another one seems to be a vast undertaking since it's not done very often. Then again, without knowing the metrics to qualify a connecting realm, we don't really know how much effort it takes. What would be better is if when connecting realms, Blizzard could make the effort to match up lopsided alliance:horde servers together so that it attempts to get to a 1:1 ratio.
    Last edited by Alroxas; 2015-10-28 at 03:20 PM.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Deleted
    I want hardcore servers. No crz, no lfd, no lfr, no normal, just heroic and mythic and everything is harder from npcs in the world to leveling professions.