Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the review OP. I'm probably going to pick it up someday. I'm probably going to enjoy Halo 5 more than Black Ops 3 because I always dislike the CoD games from Treyarch.

Can't wait for the new Gears game too because the only game I play on my Xbox One now is the remastered original Gears. The original Gears multiplayer is so much better than the sequels. No wonder I spent over 1000 hours on that stupid game as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    Honest Review the First Day: I picked up the game last night at midnight and got some time to play. I only really played the multiplayer as that's what I only really care about. The controls are extremely confusing and are akin to the new "combo" and "esports" mindset of lots of freedom and little intuitiveness. Warzone is a straight up joke. They basically decided to merge destiny, battlefield, and clash of clans together for a super income source that will dry out in about 2 months. It's the same system as advance warfare's last cash grab tactic of paid random unlocks. Arena is the closest to their old multiplayer. I'll give 343 credit in making it their own but as halo title i was more.

TLDR: it doesn't feel like halo anymore

Multiplayer is a 2/5 and campaign is a 4/5.

- - - Updated - - -

don't do it
    What are you talking about...the multiplayer is actually exceptionally strong this game. And this is coming from someone who didn't last more than a couple days on Halo 3, Reach or Halo 4 because I felt the multiplayer sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    yeah just buy more xboxes more halos and more tv's and dont you fucking dare to bring friends to your couch!
    tell them to stop being bad and have thier own console?

Also just did warzone assault, im not impressed. Ill prob stick with arena for now.

The controls are extremely confusing and are akin to the new "combo" and "esports" mindset of lots of freedom and little intuitiveness.
    What? I dont get his, how are they confusing.

- - - Updated - - -

What are you talking about...the multiplayer is actually exceptionally strong this game. And this is coming from someone who didn't last more than a couple days on Halo 3, Reach or Halo 4 because I felt the multiplayer sucked.
    Hes prob one of those people who think reach was the pinnacle of halo instead of its worst title.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I never had a problem schooling people in how to use the halo 2 smg..
    Sure if you used it with a plasma weapon dual wield it was ok, even thought plasma weapon + pistol was still better in most cases. But in halo 5, that SMG is beast. That thing mows down people faster then the SAW at close ranges and the 60 rounds clip helps it being better then the normal AR. It also helps greatly now that automatic weapons can achieve head shots.

Hes prob one of those people who think reach was the pinnacle of halo instead of its worst title.
    To be honest i think halo 4 was the worst, reach was not too far behind thought. Random drops and no descoping was cancer.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2015-10-27 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    well that's probably because we are on opposite sides of the table when it comes to expectations on multiplayer. To me Halo 3 was the best overall and reach was extremely enjoyable pve.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

to many weird jet pack moves that completely mess me up. I had to read a forum just to figure out what they are and did and I am not impressed. I prefer a more simplistic design than having a bunch of highly situational moves that are slightly more efficient to use than a standard one in X situations.

P.S
    Halo 3 actually, reach was #1 in it's PVE design however. If 343 took out the "Halo" in the title i would probably rate this game higher by .5.

Deleted
    some story questions i have:

The part i do not understand is, how is Cortana able to assume the mantle? Throughout all the previous games a physical human/forerunner has always been required to take certain important actions. And while i am willing to consider that that is just a software rule that can be circumvented, it's shown that Forerunners are leaps and bounds ahead of humanity in AI technology, so why can she so easily take control despite the failsafes and precautions they have shown in previous games?
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2015-10-27 at 04:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    tell them to stop being bad and have thier own console?

Also just did warzone assault, im not impressed. Ill prob stick with arena for now.

- - - Updated - - -

cuz wanting to sit on a couch with friends is totally noobzorz and get rekt scrub git gud.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    The part i do not understand is, how is Cortana able to assume the mantle? Throughout all the previous games a physical human/forerunner has always been required to take certain important actions. And while i am willing to consider that that is just a software rule that can be circumvented, it's shown that Forerunners are leaps and bounds ahead of humanity in AI technology, so why can she so easily take control despite the failsafes and precautions they have shown in previous games?
    Because she is allowed to do so and also Cortana is forerunner technology. Think about it this way, the Librarian and most of the forerunner thought the humans should hold the mantle, the didact and some forerunner thought the forerunner should hold it and enslave humans into becoming their promethean army, now this faction believe it should be the AI of the galaxy to hold the mantle and turn everyone into prometheanesque version of themselves as a protection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legendary Ending: Cortana also has control of the Halo Array
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Because she is allowed to do so and also Cortana is forerunner technology. Think about it this way, the Librarian and most of the forerunner thought the humans should hold the mantle, the didact and some forerunner thought the forerunner should hold it and enslave humans into becoming their promethean army, now this faction believe it should be the AI of the galaxy to hold the mantle and turn everyone into prometheanesque version of themselves as a protection.
    Allowed by whom? The only thing i can think of is that the Libarian could have given her access codes (when she altered the master chief in halo 4 she also "filled in cortana"), but why would she have? Access to the domain was not required to defeat the didact and she said humanity was not evolved enough yet to assume the mantle, so why risk it when presumably there is a normal procedure for humans to eventually reclaim the domain.

THe only other obvious choice is the Warden, but he seems a warrior-servant which is the lowest caste in forerunner society, and a AI on top of that, so why would he have high level access codes to the domain itself? He only needs defense system access, not political leadership leader access. He says he could have purged her form the system early after her arrival before she consolidated her power, but there is no way an AIs opinion was the only failsafe from a AI taking over the entire forerunner society.

Another option is that the Didacts ship had access codes, but she obviously did not cure her rampancy at that point (or faked rampancy, but then the trust test makes no sense). Assuming High level Domain access codes are comparable in size to a halo activation index, she would not have the required memory space to store that at that time. (this argument also works against the librarian)
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2015-10-27 at 04:43 PM.

Major story spoilers ahead, read at your own peril.

Does anyone else feel like they kind of ruined something great with this game? My favorite scene in the Halo franchise has always been when you rescue Cortana from the Gravemind in Halo 3. That dialogue, "You found me." still gives me chills thinking about it. With the direction they took Cortana's character in, I kind of feel like it takes away all meaning that my favorite scene had. What was the point of saving Cortana if she was just going to become another villain to crush in the end? I swear, Halo 6 better be about saving Cortana, not destroying her, or I'm gonna be one very unhappy fan. Also, Locke is a cunt. He's the biggest goddamn hypocrite in the series. "The Chief went AWOL. That's against the rules so I'm gonna bring him in and make him face justice, same as any man." "Sir, it's strict UNSC policy that we don't go anywhere fucking near that planet or get involved in its politics." "We're goin' in after him, it's the right thing to do!" Like, holy fuck that's hypocritical. He literally does the exact same fucking thing that he's hunting the Chief for at the start.

Wait wait wait, isn't Microsoft's sirilike program named after Cortana. This seems like a bad idea now.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Major story spoilers ahead, read at your own peril.

Does anyone else feel like they kind of ruined something great with this game? My favorite scene in the Halo franchise has always been when you rescue Cortana from the Gravemind in Halo 3. That dialogue, "You found me." still gives me chills thinking about it. With the direction they took Cortana's character in, I kind of feel like it takes away all meaning that my favorite scene had. What was the point of saving Cortana if she was just going to become another villain to crush in the end? I swear, Halo 6 better be about saving Cortana, not destroying her, or I'm gonna be one very unhappy fan. Also, Locke is a cunt. He's the biggest goddamn hypocrite in the series. "The Chief went AWOL. That's against the rules so I'm gonna bring him in and make him face justice, same as any man." "Sir, it's strict UNSC policy that we don't go anywhere fucking near that planet or get involved in its politics." "We're goin' in after him, it's the right thing to do!" Like, holy fuck that's hypocritical. He literally does the exact same fucking thing that he's hunting the Chief for at the start.
    Agreed. They better rectify this!

10+ Year Old Account
    I suspect that Cortana is, well, really not Cortana anymore. I suspect the climax in a following game will see Cortana discover that when the she crashed on Genesis significant parts of her were rewritten, by the Eternal Warden or maybe even the Exuberant Witness, in order to continue the reclamation. She hasn't really cured or been cured of rampancy because she isn't really Cortana anymore. Her attachment to John is merely the remnants of her original code.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

AS much as I detest IGN, this is a rather intriguing criticism of Halo 5's implied false advertising.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/...aign=Spotlight

*snip*

Let's not bait others, please. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2015-10-27 at 10:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never been a big Halo fan but I must admit to being surprised over how different the advertising was compared to the actual game. I expected an actual battle between the two. Not some fisticuffs cut scene. And that whole declared dead thing? What was the point of that? Was he even gone long enough to bother to?

Meh... Never been that big of a fan so it didn't actually bother me but it did surprise me.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Hey thanks for spoilers.

Campaign was pretty good, more or less what I expected. Now for Arena and competitive multiplayer it's fucking great, has a much higher skill cap than before and I can see myself dumping a lot of time into this now. Got into Diamond 1 for the HCS (team arena) playlist as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Campaign was pretty good, more or less what I expected. Now for Arena and competitive multiplayer it's fucking great, has a much higher skill cap than before and I can see myself dumping a lot of time into this now. Got into Diamond 1 for the HCS (team arena) playlist as well.
    Haven't played campaign but I agree with you fully on the multiplayer. I got gold 1 for team arena. First four games I was trying to find a sensitivity I liked. I tore it up after that. Went 11-0 in the single elimination game type once when it came up one time and had numerous times with 20+ kills in CTF and single digit deaths. I am loving the MP a lot. Dedicated servers helped a ton with hit detection and gun balance. Haven't touched SP yet but plan to in the next couple weeks but I never buy halo for the campaign. So i'll get to it when I get to it. The best part of the skill placement is going up or down is strictly based on winning not individual stats. Forces people to play like a team instead of a lone wolf mentality. Love that the skill ceiling is much higher too. Really liking Halo MP this time around and it's been a while since I've truly enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Haven't played campaign but I agree with you fully on the multiplayer. I got gold 1 for team arena. First four games I was trying to find a sensitivity I liked. I tore it up after that. Went 11-0 in the single elimination game type once when it came up one time and had numerous times with 20+ kills in CTF and single digit deaths. I am loving the MP a lot. Dedicated servers helped a ton with hit detection and gun balance. Haven't touched SP yet but plan to in the next couple weeks but I never buy halo for the campaign. So i'll get to it when I get to it. The best part of the skill placement is going up or down is strictly based on winning not individual stats. Forces people to play like a team instead of a lone wolf mentality. Love that the skill ceiling is much higher too. Really liking Halo MP this time around and it's been a while since I've truly enjoyed it.
    Unfort after your placed you cant go down a league only to the base rank of your league.

- - - Updated - - -

Halo 3 actually, reach was #1 in it's PVE design however. If 343 took out the "Halo" in the title i would probably rate this game higher by .5.
    I loved the shit out of halo 3, but when i went back to play it in the MCC i came to realize of the 4 halo games it was the most clunky, the most unrefined. Halo 2 still stands as halos crowning achievement and i think the area combat in halo 5 is as close to that as we will get.

to many weird jet pack moves that completely mess me up. I had to read a forum just to figure out what they are and did and I am not impressed. I prefer a more simplistic design than having a bunch of highly situational moves that are slightly more efficient to use than a standard one in X situations.
    Its like you havnt played a fps game in the past 5 years, this is the norm for fast paced combat, You can turn this shit off in customs but its really easy to graps, i dunno why you had to read a forum when you could have sat in a custom and knocked it out in 5 minutes.