7+ Year Old Account

Exclamation WoW: Legion Alpha already going on!

Dairies on the convert to raid podcast let it slip that he was having fun playing the demon hunter in the alpha.
    @1:07:10 https://youtu.be/9SlYXWWQ4G4?t=4030

Warlords of Draenor entered alpha testing in April 2014 and the beta started in June 2014. This video was released on August 12th and today is october 27th, which means the Legion Alpha has been going on for roughly the same duration as Warlords did.

Chances are Beta might actually start around Blizzcon.

This is old and already discussed, it was more than likely a joke, hell aside from that, he is hardly a reliable source.

Deleted
    Wasn't it confirmed to be a troll long ago or was the confirmed troll a troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    That video is 3 months old. We already know it's going on.

Deleted
    Erm, we have official confirmation for months now that an internal alpha is on.

God, I hope the Alpha is already going on. I'm already scared about how long Legion is going to take, without thinking of the testing not even started.

It's gonna be mid 2016 I think, which is painful.

10+ Year Old Account
    We already know the Alpha is going on.
    "Creating a world without Yuno would be meaningless."

Does that guy work for blizzard? I thought once streamers and community personalitys got alpha access was when it went public?

Deleted
    If it wasn't people would loose their shit. Because 6.2 is already old news. Since forever. Valor Grinds won't keep it from getting even older fast.

So yeah, it's only logical. I am surprised there is still no Closed Beta going on tbh. The longer they wait the more raids wont bother to do shit at all anymore after they got few Ring Upgrades and BiS Gear (and no, I do not count Warforged anymore. This crap needs to go asap) and maybe a bit of transmog. Gear is now so powerful we almost oneshot Mannoroth on Heroic (1% wipe, kill on the 2nd attempt) and got Archi to ~5% on our 5th attempt.
    That means even pretty slow progressing guilds will be done with Heroic with no chance to do Mythic because they gated it behind 20 man.
    So after Archi is down we wont have to do anything anymore and with no Closed Beta out yet we will have months of pretty much nothing at all. Valor Upgrades after Progress is done? Not that useful I am afraid.

After that little ramble out of the way - a tl;dr:
    Yes, Alpha is going on. Surprised there is no Closed Beta out there yet because 6.2. was not enough to carry months and months of no real content. Let's hope they open the gates at/after BlizzCon.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    An alpha being active is basically just common sense at this point..

It would not be surprising that, by now, the game is well into alpha.

if it wasn't - we'd be looking at a4th quarter 2016 release.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    It would not be surprising that, by now, the game is well into alpha.

if it wasn't - we'd be looking at a4th quarter 2016 release.
    It would be far more surprising if it wasn't. Especially since they've been working on it even during WoD development.

He admitted it was a joke in the next episode

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bookofblade View Post
    He admitted it was a joke in the next episode
    Wouldn't you do the same if you had just given out information about an Expansion that hasn't been released yet?
    Last edited by RoutinelyWorgen; 2015-10-29 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualAlliance View Post
    Wouldn't you do the same if you had just given out information about an Expansion that hasn't been released yet?
    Do what exactly?

And he tried saying it before. That's not something you do "accidentally".

Blizzard increased the WoW team 40% over the course of MoP's development and 40% again over the duration of MoP. Meanwhile we know, as fact, that Legion began its development concurrently with the LAUNCH of Mop in September 2012, 3 years ago! Does it FEEL like WoD has 90% more people working on it than MoP did? Do Blizzard SEEM to be the type of company to hire nearly 100 people and not put them to use?

Anybody who doesn't believe WoD was a micro-expansion with as few people working on it as possible to keep people going until Legion could be finished is cray cray.

Quote Originally Posted by CasCrow View Post
    We already know the Alpha is going on.
    Internal, yes - not F&F.