Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

If you could Lucid Dream with complete control...

Imagine a world where you had 100% control over your dreams, while dreaming you were essentially a god of your own universe. You'd still feel and experience all sensations as if they were happening in real time, but you would be in complete control of how events played out.

1. If you had this power, would you spend more of your life sleeping or awake?
    2. Would you end up forgetting about the real world in order to keep living in your dream world (only taking care of your real world needs for survival)?
    3. If the ability were made available to the entire world. Do you think society would be made better or worse as a result of it?
    The world isn't as bad as you think.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've had that a few times, and it really made me want to stay in bed sleeping for a lot longer (usually happens when I've been severely sleep deprived). But..

1. No. If it was commonplace, I wouldn't put it ahead of real life. As nice as it is, it's not real.
    2. No, same as above.
    3. I don't think it would make a difference to society at all.

I have been able to do this since i Was a kid.
    1. no
    2. no
    3. No difference

It is almost impossible to stay in that state of sleep for too long. The Brain wont allow it.

10+ Year Old Account
    i've started to do it. two nights ago i had this amazing one for about a minute....hopefully i can repeat the experience using the wild method i did the other night. the mild method got me nowhere.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    I've always lucid dreamed.
    1. Awake.
    2. No.
    3. Better perhaps; people have to be sleeping pretty well for it to happen.

It's not as amazing as people make it out, though I can understand the fascination if you've never been able to influence your own dreams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    1. Awake.
    2. No.

It's not as amazing as people make it out, though I can understand the fascination if you've never been able to influence your own dreams.
    do you have any tips for helping induce one?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    do you have any tips for helping induce one?
    Not really, no, but it's always easier when I'm reading regularly. Binaural manipulation/drug use/etc have never been necessary for me.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm talking about dreams so vivid they feel real to the dreamer, sort of like inception level's of real only there is no dream machine involved.

In that scenario

1) I think I'd spend more time dreaming than awake
    2) I don't think I'd be addicted to it though, but I do think there would be a crowd out there that would
    3) I think the world would be better, a lot of people could act out their fantasies twisted or not without harming others.
    But I think it could also harm the productive side of the world as a lot of people would spend a lot of time sleeping and living in their own fantasy worlds.

1. Awake.
    2. No.

I didnt realize till i was in HS that other people could not control their dreams like i did. I never said anything because I just thought thats hwo it was with everyone.
    Its not really all that people think it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    I didnt realize till i was in HS that other people could not control their dreams like i did. I never said anything because I just thought thats hwo it was with everyone.
    Its not really all that people think it is.
    but can't you have sexy dreams whenever you want?

Quote Originally Posted by dixincide View Post
    I'm talking about dreams so vivid they feel real to the dreamer, sort of like inception level's of real only there is no dream machine involved.

In that scenario

1) I think I'd spend more time dreaming than awake
    2) I don't think I'd be addicted to it though, but I do think there would be a crowd out there that would
    3) I think the world would be better, a lot of people could act out their fantasies twisted or not without harming others.
    But I think it could also harm the productive side of the world as a lot of people would spend a lot of time sleeping and living in their own fantasy worlds.
    But with me, I always know I am dreaming. For me at least, it comes with lucid dreaming. The reason I have not had nightmares since i was a toddler I guess.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    1. no
    2. no
    3. no big change, people would spend their time sleeping instead of drugs or other addictions but this would cause other problems in itself and be just as bad
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    but can't you have sexy dreams whenever you want?
    I suppose you could if your mind is set like that. It would get boring quick though.

ive been able to lucid dream since always. i can choose how long the dream goes on as well so the first question doesnt even matter.

the second question is also stupid, everything that is in a dreamworld comes from reality, if you forget reality you forget dreams.

lastly, i also think this question is stupid. you have no evidence that lucid dreamers are better or worse at anything, and you arent even trying to find that info out yet you jump to the conclusion that if people could do this thing everyone would be better or worse.

i think you put way, way too much import on dreams. it seems like a very typical grass is greener situation.

i guess i should clarify question 1. unless you confuse dreams with reality, something i have never heard of anyone doing by the way, you will always know that dreams are like watching a movie. when you watch a movie, that movie can take place over a period of 1 day or a period of a million years. this is what it means to be able to control how long a dream goes. dreams will feel like theyre 1 day or a 1 million years long as well. if you want a representation that jived with my experience, that adventure time episode where he gets sucked into pillow land is a good example of "time dilation" that can occur in dreams
    Last edited by apples; 2015-10-27 at 01:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    I suppose you could if your mind is set like that. It would get boring quick though.
    sexy dreams never get boring. i had one just before i woke up involving alleria windrunner......

I odnt know if you can learn to have them or not. Maybe it is something your are just born with. For some people, I don't think Lucid dreaming would be helpful. Meditation exercises have helped some. I think it also helps if you are spiritual in some way. If you have trouble sleeping, or do not sleep well then you are not likely to have have lucid dreams.

1. Awake.
    2. No.

dunnow i dont mind being able to fly, telepathy, blowing up people with my mind, healing people, destroying reality... Yep lucid dreaming is cool.
    And at one time when i was really into it, i slept longer, cause i wanted to stay in dreamland.
    Is some things you can do to trigger it, fx rub your hands a couple of times when you are awake, eventually you will do it in dreamland too, except you wont be able to feel your hands = triggers conciousness in dream world...

But its easy to get exited and wake up.

in regards to your questions, it all depends on the person. really does...

I've been able to lucid dream by accident a few times. It only lasts a short time though. Once you realize you are dreaming and asleep your mind will keep bugging you to wake up.

I was able to say to my recently deceased dad that I loved and missed him when I was lucid dreaming. So that was one benefit I got from the experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    I've been able to lucid dream by accident a few times. It only lasts a short time though. Once you realize you are dreaming and asleep your mind will keep bugging you to wake up.

I was able to say to my recently deceased dad that I loved and missed him when I was lucid dreaming. So that was one benefit I got from the experience.
    i keep seeing my missing dog and grandpa in my dreams.....not sure why. i refuse to believe my dog is dead.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    ive been able to lucid dream since always. i can choose how long the dream goes on as well so the first question doesnt even matter.

the second question is also stupid, everything that is in a dreamworld comes from reality, if you forget reality you forget dreams.

lastly, i also think this question is stupid. you have no evidence that lucid dreamers are better or worse at anything, and you arent even trying to find that info out yet you jump to the conclusion that if people could do this thing everyone would be better or worse.

i think you put way, way too much import on dreams. it seems like a very typical grass is greener situation.
    This was a hypothetical for funsies scenario question.
    *E.G. No fact involved at all.

I used the term lucid dreaming to give people a reference point for what I was referring to.
    The question was just supposed to be a discussion on what the world would be like if people had the ability to make their own worlds/adventures in their minds than experience the one actively playing out infront of them. I figured since a lot of people are introverted and don't like being around people, yet desire intimate relationships they might answer this question differently. So it's been interesting seeing the results from this.

I swear though some people like yourself here only come to this site looking for fights and arguments.
    I'm not about that life, I just like asking questions and gauging responses.