Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by freddy090909 View Post
    The 15 is pulled from nowhere though. With core, you can refresh with full pandemic value from 22.5 to 27 seconds, depending on ilvl. Not to mention, refreshing the flame shock has more value than a lightning bolt around 50 seconds left, assuming you do it with 2EF and it doesn't cause you to waste lightning shield stacks. These larger windows allow for much more consistency in refreshing the DoT without causing clashing with your earth shock.
    15 secs is pulled from LVB cd's and the time it takes to get 20 stacks of fullmination. i am 100% sure that prioritizing to start reapplying the FS after 15 secs left has past is a minor dps. lets say u always cut it on 40 which means in a 5 min long fight u need to apply it 7.5 (8) times during the fight, while if u take it on 15 sec or less u only need to apply it 4.5 (5) times which saves 6 gcd's whitin those 5 minutes. which is a few extra cast.
    This is theory but live ur number would be lower or even higher, while mine can be maybe 1 higher if u have this prio in the back of your head.
    So how cant that be a dps increase in the long run?

Im having doubts about my trinkets guys

i have a profecy of fear, unblinking gaze, and an archmond trinket NORMAL...

people said i should use archmonde + unblinking. is it ok?

even if my trinket is NORMAL, and the other give me 456 intelect?

thanks guys

The reason to use a larger window for reapplication is that it allows you to refresh almost every time under ideal circumstances (2 EF, low lightning shield), causing no clashing between your shock cooldowns. If you are to wait for 15 seconds, you will need to be in a very good situation to not waste any lightning shield stacks.

Not to mention, your calculations seem to be excluding the fact that pandemic will always put you at some duration if you clip early (~106.3s with heroic core). If we always clip at 40 (which realistically is on the high-end because of how we are always waiting for ideal circumstances), we are looking at the following (I am assuming that the player intelligently stops refreshing if the boss will die within his current flame shock duration):
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...zeKA2FTDzBugA/

In other words, refreshing at 40s costs you the >exact< same number of refreshes as refreshing at 15s in the 5 minute encounter, but you clip less of the flame shock duration at the end. That said, going into a refresh under ideal circumstances is significantly easier given a larger window, and will let you have much more consistency with your lightning shield usage.

If you aren't wanting to clip any of the extended duration, you will want to refresh at 24.5s given a heroic class trinket. This is effectively the exact same as telling people to refresh at 15s (because of pandemic), but gives them more time to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Arenaz View Post
    Im having doubts about my trinkets guys

i have a profecy of fear, unblinking gaze, and an archmond trinket NORMAL...

people said i should use archmonde + unblinking. is it ok?

even if my trinket is NORMAL, and the other give me 456 intelect?

thanks guys
    (assuming heroic PoF, normal gaze+archi) I'd run PoF + archi on just about every fight outside of HFA, and hopefully get a heroic gaze ASAP (gaze value also goes up with the ele 4pc). If you don't like the inconsistency of PoF, the normal gaze will only be slightly worse than it, and much more reliable.
    Last edited by freddy090909; 2015-10-28 at 06:14 PM.

[QUOTE=
    (assuming heroic PoF, normal gaze+archi) I'd run PoF + archi on just about every fight outside of HFA, and hopefully get a heroic gaze ASAP (gaze value also goes up with the ele 4pc). If you don't like the inconsistency of PoF, the normal gaze will only be slightly worse than it, and much more reliable.[/QUOTE]

Actually, i do HAVE a Horoic warforged socketed gaze. my doubt is if i should switch between HEROIC PoF for class trinket NORMAL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by freddy090909 View Post

(assuming heroic PoF, normal gaze+archi) I'd run PoF + archi on just about every fight outside of HFA, and hopefully get a heroic gaze ASAP (gaze value also goes up with the ele 4pc). If you don't like the inconsistency of PoF, the normal gaze will only be slightly worse than it, and much more reliable.

Actually, i DO HAVE an heroic warforged and socketed Unblinking gaze. My doubt is if it will be better to change the HEROIC PoF for a NORMAL class trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Arenaz View Post
    Actually, i do HAVE a Horoic warforged socketed gaze. my doubt is if i should switch between HEROIC PoF for class trinket NORMAL

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, i DO HAVE an heroic warforged and socketed Unblinking gaze. My doubt is if it will be better to change the HEROIC PoF for a NORMAL class trinket.
    In that case, just run class trinket and gaze all the time. Swap to PoF for HFA. The class trinket is a huge QoL improvement and is extremely powerful on a good number of fights because it allows you to keep high damage flame shocks on targets while focusing on more important things (Soc, Council, Iskar, Xhul, Tyrant). You will need to learn to handle EF properly, however.