What problems do people who are different face in society?

What do you think? People who are different, do they face other problems than those who are not different?

For one thing, people tend to dislike me for not socializing with them and not getting involved in meaningless talk. Personally I just think that they are extremely boring and average.

Generally, it's the problem of being not the same or not understood.

Deleted
    One would assume they face different problems, duh.

For real though, it depends on the kind of different. Can't put a general answer on anything deviant. They aren't one single group.

Edit: Okay, that's a lie, I can put a general answer on this. People will try to cut you down to size until there's nothing good left of you.
    Last edited by mmocdca0ffe102; 2015-10-27 at 06:13 PM.

Some people lash out when they are confused, others avoid you, but most just don't generally care.(Results may vary by location)

Legal issues in society usually don't come until those that lash out start to try and legislate away what they don't like.

Everyone is different yo.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Differences by themselves are not usually problems.

It is people that have low tolerances for difference that are the problem.

Are you talking in terms of length or girth?

Well if they're different then their problems will be different. You know... by definition.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    For one thing, people tend to dislike me for not socializing with them and not getting involved in meaningless talk. Personally I just think that they are extremely boring and average.
    People dislike you because you're being rude as fuck? That isn't really being "different," that's you being a self-absorbed jackass.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    People dislike you because you're being rude as fuck? That isn't really being "different," that's you being a self-absorbed jackass.
    I'm not rude, I just don't talk to them if I don't see a reason to. If they want to talk to me I usually respond rather well.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2015-10-27 at 06:44 PM.

I think every single person in the world experiences unique challenges in their lives.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Discrimination.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Legally, we are all the same, with the same rights etc

Any differences we face are just interpersonal differences on the social scale.

Although society treats us all equally, we are not all born exactly the same. It's a bell curve. That's fine though.
    Last edited by mmoca8403991fd; 2015-10-27 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
    What do you think? People who are different, do they face other problems than those who are not different?
    What do you mean different? everyones different in some way...

15+ Year Old Account
    Different how? There's different in good ways, bad ways and neutral ways.. This is way too vague

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Example. "You think differently than I do? Fuck you!" "How dare you not engage in the things I approve of". There must be something wrong with you and I'm going to berrate, attack and insult you because you are rude!"
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2015-10-27 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firespark View Post
    Example. "You think differently than I do? Fuck you!" "How dare you not engage in the things I approve of".
    People who are able to socialize but don't to want to are hardly "different" when compared to people who can't do it at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Different can be many things and it depends on the society.

A woman fighting for education of girls in Afghanistan will be treated ... not so nicely there. She would be treated differently than the 15 year old who has a relaxed attitude towards water and soap in the UK, or a girl in Norway wanting to start a trend of armpit hair (gross!), as different societies have different reactions towards "deviant" behavior.