Thread: UW/FoW

UW/FoW

So I've been playing GW since back in Proph days (Good ol Warriors only skills droks run anyone). I still occasionally play it and I picked up GW2 collectors edition as soon as I could order it and have been playing it ever since. I do love the game (mostly) but I feel as if it left a lot of stuff I loved about GW behind. Personally I like the new weapons = skills system as well as still being able to slot 5 skills (especially being able to swap them on the go) to provide customization. I guess the thing I mainly miss though is UW/FoW. These were high difficulty instances that had long term worthwhile farming goals, something I feel that dungeons/FotM are missing. I know that an MMO isn't a solo game, but I took great satisfaction in being able to go in on my 55 monk and smite farm for some ectos. I enjoyed that just as much as I enjoyed UWSC/FoWSC groups before the epic shadow form/dhuum nerfs.

TL/DR: Do you wish that UW/FoW made it over?

True, I would just like something to shoot for that's difficult. I'm not sure how the raids will plan out, but UW/FoW/DoA were the closest thing to raids GW1 had and they were awesome.

I also wouldn't mind a good source of ectos or ascended/legendary materials I could reliably farm in a different way.

Deleted
    Raids will be harder than UW + FoW.

I seem to remember being able to solo multiple packs on UW on my ranger just by putting down an arseload of traps and standing there. Good source of ectos, bad gameplay.

Since GW1 didn't really have traditional one-shots or 'move in 0.5 secs or you're dead as shit' mechanics, or raid-wide wipe mechanics for that matter, UW and FoW weren't really any more difficult than other MMOs' endgame content. Raids are gonna have things like this.

For example you only got 2-3 shot in GW1 if you were running some superior runes and got mauled by an unblinded Aatxe. The first raid encounter was on the beta weekends and looked like it had raid-wide one-shots for missing a single mechanic. If that's your cup of tea, then you'll like it. It isn't mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a 55HP Monk. Was fun while it lasted. Guild Wars was awesome fun. I got the fissure armor on my necro and warrior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Deleted
    Maybe we'll get Tomb of the Primeval Kings in the Kralkatorrik expansion? It's close enough. By which I mean 'it still dropped ectos'