Elegon HC 10m Solo

Hi,

I am trying to solo Elegon in Mogu'shan Vaults on 10 m HC for some transmog gear but I am struggling as the adds who come stun me for the remainder of the fight and it's undispelable. I'm a retri paladin, ilvl 682, I also got prot OS.

Any tips? The best I could do was push the boss into transition phase, kill an add, dispel the stun with gift of the naaru heal which took me above 80% hp but then when the phase resumed he summoned further adds and I had nothing to counter them with.

Transition the boss before the add spawns is the easiest answer. In other words, lots of upfront burst.

Or just stay above 80% hp when the add dies (+-) since you do not have that much gear, the debuff (stun) is not applied then.

If you are somewhat confused, read 12.1.1. here http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/elegon-...-normal-heroic .
    Cutieface - Monk EU Drak'Thul

Quote Originally Posted by Drenni View Post
    Or just stay above 80% hp when the add dies (+-) since you do not have that much gear, the debuff (stun) is not applied then.

If you are somewhat confused, read 12.1.1. here http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/elegon-...-normal-heroic .
    I have tried that but it's hard to pull of as retri, particularly because when the add is about to die, it explodes for like 60k damage and that may take me bellow 80%. And if I go prot I don't think I have the dmg output.

That shield thingy from Engineering could help on one explosion. And i believe you can bubble the second one.

Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post
    I have tried that but it's hard to pull of as retri, particularly because when the add is about to die, it explodes for like 60k damage and that may take me bellow 80%. And if I go prot I don't think I have the dmg output.
    Are you popping a personal for it? Shieldtronic would work great as Drenni suggested. Alternatively use sacred shield.

682 isn't that much gear. Have you exhausted all your options of gearing up (tanaan, mythic dungeons, crafted, pvp gear, raiding) and additional buffs (drums of rage - heroism, drums of kings, hp scrolls) that might make a difference?

I solo it on 10 chars each week on normal and as the ilvl of the characters rises it becomes significantly easier (faster) each week. I'd think the same would hold true for heroic. In normal you skip those adds entirely given enough dps.
    Last edited by Deiae; 2015-10-27 at 08:03 PM.

Thanks for the many replies.

@Drenni: Shieldtronic sounds like a great item to use here, I will try it out! I have tried bubble but the damage goes through it...

@djriff: Am using sacred shield but it doesn't absorb that much, I take a lot of damage in ret.

@Deiae: I could defenitely use better gear. I do tanaan daily, it's very hard to find mythic groups on my realm, am working on upgrading my necklace, and a chest piece for crafting. Unfortunally I don't raid. Drums of rage sound like a good item to bring!

I can't really skip the adds, they deal a large amount of dmg left up. And they'll probably die from my empowered divine storm.
    Armory link, hope it works: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Mikata/simple

http://www.wowhead.com/item=79257/ru...-fortitude-iii can also help a bit, 8% of hp is a lot.

By the way, as prot you should be ok with dmg, its 15min enrage timer and increasing dmg done. SotR and DP should take care of that explosion without any problem. (in comparison, my tank alt 680ilvl bear kills it on normal in about 3-4mins)
    Last edited by Drenni; 2015-10-27 at 08:51 PM.

Are you using unglyphed divine protection for Total Annihilation?
    I don't know if he applies "Closed Circuit" if you're soloing, but try dispelling that with hand of freedom and using eternal flame right before the stun to heal up past 80% (idk if the HoT from Eternal flame will be enough to pop you up), maybe switching to Seal of Insight even. Maybe use Execution Sentence on yourself right before Total Annihilation also.

I would figure out how many adds you get per phase, then map out what to do per add. Something like
    P1 Add 1 - Hand of Freedom + Divine Protection + eternal Flame
    P2 Add 1 - HoF + Execution Sentence + Eternal Flame
    P2 Add 2 - HoF + Divine Protection + Eternal Flame
    P2 Add 3 - HoF + Shieldtronic Shield + Eternal Flame

^ That''s just an example, you'll have to figure out the timings and how many adds you get and etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Transition the boss before the add spawns is the easiest answer. In other words, lots of upfront burst.
    this, I managed it on 25hc this week. I'm not sure about 10man, but if you get the add on 25m it's an instant wipe because it one shots you if it dies. I was playing Unholy with BoS since I could kill the Sparks 24/7 in his downtime phase, the only hard part was getting him to phase before the add spawned.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyon View Post
    Are you using unglyphed divine protection for Total Annihilation?
    I don't know if he applies "Closed Circuit" if you're soloing, but try dispelling that with hand of freedom and using eternal flame right before the stun to heal up past 80% (idk if the HoT from Eternal flame will be enough to pop you up), maybe switching to Seal of Insight even. Maybe use Execution Sentence on yourself right before Total Annihilation also.

I would figure out how many adds you get per phase, then map out what to do per add. Something like
    P1 Add 1 - Hand of Freedom + Divine Protection + eternal Flame
    P2 Add 1 - HoF + Execution Sentence + Eternal Flame
    P2 Add 2 - HoF + Divine Protection + Eternal Flame
    P2 Add 3 - HoF + Shieldtronic Shield + Eternal Flame

^ That''s just an example, you'll have to figure out the timings and how many adds you get and etc.
    Wait, hand of freedom removes that debuff? It's just a healing reduction debuff?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadwraith View Post
    this, I managed it on 25hc this week. I'm not sure about 10man, but if you get the add on 25m it's an instant wipe because it one shots you if it dies. I was playing Unholy with BoS since I could kill the Sparks 24/7 in his downtime phase, the only hard part was getting him to phase before the add spawned.
    I know, but I just don't have that kind of gear yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, there is noway I can do it in prot. If I kill one add, and absorb one explosion I get a debuff that says "kills you instantly if you absorb another explosion"... need to try this as retri.

Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post
    Wait, hand of freedom removes that debuff? It's just a healing reduction debuff?

- - - Updated - - -

I know, but I just don't have that kind of gear yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, there is noway I can do it in prot. If I kill one add, and absorb one explosion I get a debuff that says "kills you instantly if you absorb another explosion"... need to try this as retri.
    Yeah, on HC you can't have more than one add per phase. I strongly believe that you can't bypass that ik in any way.

What kind of DPS are you pulling? I've been able to solo HC elegon since 690 as a priest. I just ignored the add (except for cleaving) and burned the boss. The add would die roughly around the same time he went into draw power phase. Then I just made sure to kill as many orbs as I could (you could save Divine Storm for this) and push more DPS into the boss.

I did it!

Retribution, 686 ilvl.

I use drums at start for heroism buff and start bursting. I have one add I need to deal with. I just followed people's advice here and used executioner's sentence on myself to heal me to full and use the shield item. Then I killed the orbs with divine storm (can get all in one if you're fast with it) until I got the boss to 51% hp. Then I did the phase where you are running around killing conduits. Then, as soon as I could attack him I got him to the next orb phase because he starts that at 50% hp, so I didn't have to bother with anymore adds. I had the dps then to take him down even without having to do the conduit phase again. Nice advice everyone.

... but I kept the stacking debuff that makes me take 5% more damage upto 495% increased damage recieved so I cannot go any further.
    Last edited by Niku; 2015-10-27 at 10:51 PM.

Hand of Freedom as Ret dispels a magic effect too, but now that I think about it it might only be if you use it on someone else.

Deleted
    kill both adds with the same ability so you get only one debuff (easily burstable nowadays so you only get one add anyway)
    let boss end transition at 51-52% so you don't have to deal with adds anymore

that's how it was done at level 90 have fun