Poll: Which Raid was the best in WoD?

10+ Year Old Account

Which Raid in WoD was the best for you?

Hey guys. Just a simple poll question and wondering what your thoughts are for which raid being the best in WoD.

For me, it was Highmaul. Simply because it didn't have a lot of fights that had a lot of luck or rng components that make the fight seem unfair in some way. Also, the music was good. I would sing the music in the shower sometimes but I am a weird gnome.

Thoughts?

That's a fairly difficult question honestly. All 3 had pros and cons for me.

HM: Almost linear progression and you could skip bosses but was fairly straight forward mechanics
    BRF: 3 Paths to choose from. I particularly liked the grate in front of the train causing damage if you hadn't killed blast furnace, it was a nice touch.
    HFC: 2 paths to go in the first half, 3 to go in the 2nd. I like the portals there to which was an improvement over BRF's blackhand quest as you could skip the first 6 bosses, or the first 11 and keep on going after you killed them 4 times most likely getting the gear you needed (if lucky). What I don't like is that gorefiend one of the bosses with a lot of BiS for my class was gated behind 5 bosses so in order to get to him I'd have to kill them all or just skip it for the week (on mythic).

Design wise for the encounters I enjoyed Blackrock Foundry the most. I felt there was more thought concerning the environment and how you used the area you had. Thogar, Hanz and Franz, Blackhand, Iron Maidens. All really used the environment to assist in the fights. I'm not saying Hellfire is bad, it is great too, just not to the same extent as Blackrock for me. Highmaul was.... boring imo.

Deleted
    Highmaul had good artistic detail, though it wasn't very good feeling-wise, a bit too brute-ish for my tastes. The 2nd one had a lot of copy paste. The third isn't perfect but it has good encounter design.

I enjoyed Highmaul, Mythic Twin Ogrons is probably one of my favourite fights ever.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Must admit that Imperator mythic was very fun, but Archimonde mythic was just pure epic. The amount of player responsibility is really shown in how many guilds have killed it. I would say they stepped up their game for HFC. Blackhand was not long enough to be an end boss tbh. End bosses need to be like 10+ min long on first kill. Overall I liked most of the encounters this expansion, some new and innovative ones, but HFC takes the prize due to Archimonde, Gorefiend, Xhul'horac and Tyrant. Needless to say there was also some shit bosses, if you can call them, Assault was a joke and felt like doing trash in Mount Hyjal.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaj View Post
    Needless to say there was also some shit bosses, if you can call them, Assault was a joke and felt like doing trash in Mount Hyjal.
    Nothing compares to the trash of Mount Hyjal and then to get rewarded with Rage Winterchill, the joker of Mount Hyjal. At least afterwards you'll get Anetheron, which was much more of a decent boss, but by then, 20 flipping waves of trash you already slayed.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Blackrock Foundry would've been my answer had they not bumped up the item level by 5, making a bunch of the encounters far easier than they should've been.
    Hellfire Citadel, although it too suffers from a few encounters which would've benefited immensely from harsher tuning, has been the best raid in Warlords.

Highmaul by far.
    BRF and HFC had too many trash bosses to make it enjoyable + retarded class balance really ruined those. Not to mention mechanics were simply garbage either nuke add in 10 seconds on like most of encounters or stun and aoe within stun duration.

10+ Year Old Account
    None of the above. I hated all 3.

Most Hated to least hated would be: HFC >> BRF >> Highmaul

I absolutely loathe HFC. I hate the trash; all the bosses. And whoever designed Tyrant trash is literally a sociopath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaj View Post
    Blackhand was not long enough to be an end boss tbh. End bosses need to be like 10+ min long on first kill. .
    The problem with blackhand was you needed to execute it perfectly or it would be a wipe. You had to do certain strats in order to even kill it which made it less fun. Tons of personal responsibility in that fight as well.

Blackrock Foundry. Highmaul was alright, but Brackenspore and the stupid Twins were not fun at all for tanking.

Still missing a few bosses from HFC, but it seems alright, not as good as Blackrock Foundry.

Deleted
    <-- player who raided since vanilla (was terrible in vanilla^^, got decent from tbc on)

Really disliked every raid this expansion- tried each one, just nothing new

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Highmaul was alright, but Brackenspore and the stupid Twins were not fun at all for tanking.
    What didn't you like about tanking those fights? I thought they were a blast! (Twins less so than Brack for sure though).

HFC for me is the best overall. However, I don't really enjoy any of the raids offered. It's just a personal-taste thing really.

I've never liked ogres so Highmaul was a turnoff almost immediately. We expected BRF to be orc-ish but I am so sick of killing orcs at this point that I stopped raiding it mid way through the tier. Also it's the only raid with an encounter that made me physically ill (lookin' at you Hans'gar and Franzok). Even when I ran LFR on my alts, I had to position myself and my camera in such a way that I wouldn't feel the effects. THEN I had to focus on the encounter itself. Not something I really enjoyed. HFC has varied boss fights, but again, I'm so sick of seeing orcs. I know it's Burning Legion-y but still, there are a lot of orcs in the trash. Also, I really want to punch Grom in the face and have been denied that pleasure. The one orc I want to kill, and we don't get to put him in his place.

I'm looking forward to Legion where we get to change it up a bit. NE architecture, lots of various demons, elven Demon Hunters and low orc populations. Yes please!

Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    What didn't you like about tanking those fights? I thought they were a blast! (Twins less so than Brack for sure though).
    I just hated the stupid add that would come in, and having to reposition him for every single stupid mushroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I just hated the stupid add that would come in, and having to reposition him for every single stupid mushroom.
    I feel it's better than planting your feet and just smashing buttons. At least they've made tanking a tad more exciting this xpac.

I enjoyed all of them for different reason.

BRF is my favorite though.

For me personally, BRF was. I feel HFC was more interestingly designed, but my guild broke up during it so BRF felt better just for that.