Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Whats a dps class that is...

How can i explain...

Forgiving on longer GCDs?

Long story short, my internet is dogshit and if anyone uses the internet in my house to watch a movie or something my ping starts shooting up, and then back down. This gives me very unstable globals to work with. Sometimes its normal, sometimes an ability could take a full 2-3 seconds to work. Normally mashing abilities can work but its not ideal. Also certainly not ideal on a class that looks out for procs.

Looking to experiment with some recommended classes and see how well it goes.

Thank you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Probably Any dot spec

Shadow priests and affliction locks

Game experience will not be fun with latency for any class.

Deleted
    Shadowpriest and affliction lock, I'd think. They're a bit more forgiving since a large portion of their dps is dots or channels, and once dotted or channeling at least you're still putting out SOME damage. Still not as much as when you're efficiently using every GCD, but still better than nothing.

Deleted
    obviously, classes that aren't gcd locked but instead need to wait on other resources (energy). in the past that's been rogues and ferals, perhaps also ww monks (though with high end gear in mists they've been pretty much gcd locked), no idea if it is still the case since i havent touched my rogue outside of leveling (so idk if with higher stats from raid gear you wont become gcd locked) and i havent played feral since like wrath

10+ Year Old Account
    Survival hunter I guess.
    im cool pls respodn

I'd say Assassination Rogue. Easy as fuck to play and energy based classes are slow paced until you get high gear levels and even then nowhere near as fast paced as non energy classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    Probably Any dot spec

Shadow priests and affliction locks
    Quote Originally Posted by karmlol View Post
    Shadowpriest and affliction lock, I'd think. They're a bit more forgiving since a large portion of their dps is dots or channels, and once dotted or channeling at least you're still putting out SOME damage. Still not as much as when you're efficiently using every GCD, but still better than nothing.
    You two obviously dont play Spriest or you'd understand how wrong you are. It's all about getting as many orbs as possible so if you're playing with lag you will delay your Mind Blasts and miss sniping with Shadow Word: Death. Most people play dotless Clarity of Power now as well. If you go with Auspicious Spirits you're likely to get orb capped with delay on a multi target fight.

Affliction is forgiving though especially this expansion when you only have to keep your dots up and not refresh them during procs or spam Soul Swap to keep up the strong dots.

Latency makes a big difference to the performance of any class.

I agree with the guy above me. Anyone saying SP's are ok in latency is a moron, doesn't play them or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    Shadow Druid
    Shadow is the LEAST GCD forgiving. I currently raid mythic as CoP (an unpopular spec) and in order for me to viable I have to have 2400 haste and not cast a regular MF but instead use Insanity. Basically, When DP is cast I gain a buff that turns my MF into a more powerful spell. That duration only lasts for exactly 1 full MF: Insanity then MB. When you have 33% haste there's a small small window to use the last >1 sec to get another full channel of MF: Insanity. In my experience, mashing doesn't work to get the spell off in that moment either. It has to be timed and be queued up at the right moment. Latency effects that IMMENSELY. I only play CoP and I can't seem to get this consistent bc sometimes I just have a minor spike that prevents me queuing it up.

Anything with a 1.5sec GCD rather than 1sec. So, casters, Arms Warrior, or an Enhancement Shaman. Alternatively, a Feral Druid since they have extremely slow energy regen and lots of open GCDs.

If you can, set your latency in the options to slightly higher than what you normally get and it should help with spell queueing.

I'd say mm hunter isn't too bad - they're op anyway - even if they don't get every killshot and they are dependent on their resource bar - so you have some leeway to decide when to dump it. Missing an orb as an spriest seems worse.
    I don't want to say you cannot have advanced gameplay - you definitely can - but mashing aimed shot, steady shot or chimaera, when it is coming up should be doable and will get you far. I mean you can actually gain dps if you don't move as much as every other hunter does due to how your mastery works. - Saying that. if you decide to play mm hunter right now get a good weak aura or needtoknow display to show you when your snipertraining drops, is gained and how long you have to move. Having snipertraining up makes such a difference.
    Even omitting barrage yields really good results.
    Last edited by Deiae; 2015-10-28 at 05:31 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Should contact your cable company and complain. There's no reason for that poor of service.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Definitely not SP. I'd guess something with a high % of auto attacks? Feral druid perhaps? (don't play it myself).

Shadow is EXTREMELY dependant on fitting lots of GCDs into short windows.... The lack of knowledge about shadow in this whole forum section in general is ridiculous.

My best guess would be a melee class where you have a bit of room to play with while waiting for resource to build, but I don't have much melee experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tanked all through BC on a warrior with a 1200 ping, sometimes holding threat through disconnects with the help of the hunters. It doesn't require holy shit snap reflexes most of the time if your using addons that call out when mobs are gonna spawn or tank swaps. Its not the dps spec you're looking for but can still be enjoyable with some latency.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say a melee char like a feral druid. Those are not generally that easy to play, but if you happen to take talents which are mainly passive then should be fine with lag spikes. You still will be waiting your energy to refill and your bleeds last long enough that even when you refresh too soon, nothing that bad happens. Melee in general have less stuff to deal with then ranged in raids, so you should take bit less "random" damage as well when you happen to lag.

Or a hunter as suggested previously, again the energy recharge time could work well with the lags you get.

Quote Originally Posted by Gephyrophobia View Post
    I'd say Assassination Rogue. Easy as fuck to play and energy based classes are slow paced until you get high gear levels and even then nowhere near as fast paced as non energy classes.
    Rogues are probably one of the worst to have latency with. You use an ability every GCD basically, except when you're pooling energy. Anyway, if you're going to choose a rogue, combat is probably more likely to be slower paced than assassination.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

TBH OP you're probably better off getting better internet. There isn't really a class that will fit your playstyle and be able to play it to perfection. If you just want something you can slog at feral druid sounds good.