Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    To be fair, once you get use to playing with a certain level of MS you know how to react to it. I use to play with 700-800ms constantly when I lived overseas and adjusted accordingly. Came back to the states with 40-80ms and don't know how I ever played with that high of ms.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    To be fair, once you get use to playing with a certain level of MS you know how to react to it. I use to play with 700-800ms constantly when I lived overseas and adjusted accordingly. Came back to the states with 40-80ms and don't know how I ever played with that high of ms.
    It's true. One our tanks is in Mexico and he plays with 300-400 pings. I rage when my 40ms ping goes over 100.

But if the OP is getting choke that's bad. Where you lock up for 2-3 seconds. That's on the ISP and honestly they should be required to fix it or refund your money.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy valmer View Post
    Long story short, my internet is dogshit and if anyone uses the internet in my house to watch a movie or something my ping starts shooting up, and then back down.

Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    But if the OP is getting choke that's bad. Where you lock up for 2-3 seconds. That's on the ISP and honestly they should be required to fix it or refund your money.
    Sure the internet is not all that good to begin with, but let's not overlook the bolded part.

- Dot based
    - Energy as resource
    - No rotational cooldown based spells

Thus, feral druids are the most forgiving as it has lots of idle time and you can plan your energy and cp usage quite ahead of time as well as dots giving a window to refresh thanks to pandemic and no priority spell to push on cooldown. This is applicable for general higher, but stable, latency although it should still apply.
    (Note that feral is still a difficult spec to play in general regardless of its leeway on high ping)

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Sure the internet is not all that good to begin with, but let's not overlook the bolded part.
    Also take into account not everyone has a robust connection. I have 100 mbs down and 20 up so streaming anything while playing is a non issue for me. OP may have 5 mbs down internet and 1 mbs up which would bring a lot of problems if their family is watching youtube/Netflix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go into your router and use QoS to make sure you have dedicated bandwidth.

Deleted
    I played Hunter on WiMax 3-4 years ago.

Variable time delay 150-300ms and was fine. Not really bandwitdh issues which you are having but still.

My suggestion:

Steer clear of casters. Although many suggest some sort of a dot class. No, not really.

You don't want to be casting stuff that matters, especially different spells. 1 spell to cast is fine or 2 for that matter. Instants are your best bet with a long chain of spamming a single casted ability or the other.

Your biggest problem comes from split-second decision making which change your rotation mid-button press or GCD(server side), because whatever you do client side, you would have already fired off your older spell(or done nothing at all since your packet is still stuck in your router). That's my point.

Melee that don't require much of that kind of gameplay thought where you have to plan long ahead, and most importantly consider that at dependencies the rotation changes are the best kind of melee. Warrior maybe? Definately, don't roll a ret paladin.

Would reccomend a hunter best suitable probably.

And if you do know how to set up QoS, do that, your best bet if your router allows it.

Thank you for the suggestions guys! I think im gonna have to stick with melee only after some testing the classes mentioned. Its not ideal i know to play uinder these conditions but i honestly havent got any other choice. FPS games are EXTREMELY dependant on a non lag spiking connection to play, and the same can be said for MOBA games where they are so sensitive for lag spikes. WoW is one of the only games i can play online because of its somewhat slow paced gameplay compared to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Should contact your cable company and complain. There's no reason for that poor of service.
    Mate, come down to straya, where shitty internet is the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    Also take into account not everyone has a robust connection. I have 100 mbs down and 20 up so streaming anything while playing is a non issue for me. OP may have 5 mbs down internet and 1 mbs up which would bring a lot of problems if their family is watching youtube/Netflix.
    Haha dude i WISH i had 5mbs down. The max i can get is 3.5mbps download and 0.60mbps upload. Which does indeed mess up royally if someone is watching videos.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy valmer View Post
    stuff
    dont know if it was mentioned, but boomkin is a fairly good choice, haste is a very low priority, long cast times, dot based and hardest hitting spell is charge based.
    Very proactive playstyle, only issue is that you always have to cast, and fuckups in the opener is quite heavily punished.