Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Beta testing stopped being about testing 10 years ago. Alpha is about testing, Beta is 90% marketing 10% testing.
    Get with the times, Alpha is exactly the same. It stopped being about testing 3 years ago

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glan View Post
    A. Beta testers are chosen based on many factors, including your Battle.net region, when you signed up, your computer hardware specifications, and an element of luck. We are also inviting select journalists and community contributors from around the world on a case-by-case basis.

What they really mean is they invited every youtuber/streamer/friend they had and sprinkled a few randoms in to not make it look bias.
    Even if so, their game, their rules ... Why so butthurt. It's been like this for yonkees.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by zer View Post
    The prupose of the beta is not to bind player to the game - so what does it make a difference if a beta youtuber will play after beta or not?
    Publicity has more value - you guys will play overwatch no matter if you get into beta or not - so why bother putting you into the beta and losing the opportunity to get a proper publicity from youtubers. They can reach many you only reach few or at best gave mediocre feedback about bugs.
    Actually, beta nowadays are more and more to bind to the game. Specially Blizzard since they give stuff for participating in the beta (wich means you'll get invested in the game later since you've got something "exclusive", like putting money in Hearthstone beta and getting a special card or hots and get mount/portrait...).

And really, in the true sense, beta would be for testing, feedback, improvement, changing. Those guys aren't testing at all... basically most players aren't, that's the reason most of the time these beta testing with "millions of players" usually fail to deliver and you get the final game with plenty of bugs or things that should be changed before release, but they only got the real feedback after it (like the many of mistakes in WoD). The only thing this kind of beta testing gets done is the stress testing of servers.

The "mediocre" feedback are the ones that really matter and are far better than the 0 feedbacks from youtubers and the like.
    Last edited by VanishO2; 2015-10-28 at 11:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I foresee myself doing quite a bunch of Timewalking dungeons come patchday.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    Your computer hardware specifications are automatically pulled and updated from the battle.net launcher so blizzard knows exactly what hardware you're using without you needing to manually update them.
    Oh. Well, good. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2 View Post

The "mediocre" feedback are the ones that really matter and are far better than the 0 feedbacks from youtubers and the like.
    Those things aren't mutually exclusive....what's your point, exactly? Yes, mediocre feedback is better than 0, but being a youtuber hardly means that you give 0 feedback, far from it actually, if its a youtuber worth their salt, he should most definitely be giving feedback in their videos that everyone else sees.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I mean seriously, do any of you spouting "only streamers got invites" actually have ANY proof at all? Or are you all just salty as fuck? Of course streamers got keys, its to build hype, but just because you didnt get an invite, that doesn't mean noone else does. I mean you're not going to see people on here complaining that they got a key are you? No, because they're going to be playing it.
    Last edited by elvor0; 2015-10-28 at 12:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I know of one streamer that was raging that didn't get a beta invite for Overwatch but other more popular streamer did get in, what to do?
    The streamer called Blizzard support to ask for a beta key which obviously they decline to give. Later on a viewer gave the streamer his invite so it could play the game.
    The streamer ended up playing for approximately 1 hour and then went to play CS:GO until the stream was over.

Windows only eh? Well.. guess this'll be the first game I miss from Blizz :/ not worth installing Windows over

Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Kon01 View Post
    The streamer called Blizzard support to ask for a beta key which obviously they decline to give. Later on a viewer gave the streamer his invite so it could play the game.
    There is no beta key, only flagged accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Isendre View Post
    Not a popular streamer or YouTuber? Don't expect to get into the Overwatch beta any time soon.
    I am neither. I am in Overwatch Beta.

U JELLY BORO?!

Quote Originally Posted by chaud;36897411[I
    Q. Will Mac users be able to participate in the beta?[/I]
    A. We're developing Overwatch for Windows-based PCs only, so a Mac-specific beta will not be provided.
    Well that's an interesting change.

Quote Originally Posted by gold2583 View Post
    "Depending on the patch release date, our first live Cataclysm Timewalking event will be November 18 or January 27."

That's...a big jump. Wonder why such a different start time?

it is an 8 week rotation now. I would not expect any chance of it being in November though since the patch has barely hit beta and we still have several weeks of season 2 for PVP.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as the beta goes, I love all of the people crying over the fact that they expected to get a beta key and they say they make a living on streaming games. Apparently they are not as an important community member as they thought. Also, they put the part about computer specs on the beta Q&A but that option is not on the beta page to update anymore so it looks like that is no longer a factor.

10+ Year Old Account
    email adverts for the virtual ticket the evening beta invites were going out was a cruel joke ...

/me shakes fist at Blizzard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kabshiel View Post
    Well that's an interesting change.
    Very disappointing :/

First Blizzard game in a LOT of years to not be on Macs. I wonder what prompted that.

"This phase of the Closed Beta will conclude before the end of the year."

Didn't they say at Blizzcon last year that Overwatch would be released this year, or did they only say that the beta would start this year?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kon01 View Post
    Oh I know of one streamer that was raging that didn't get a beta invite for Overwatch but other more popular streamer did get in, what to do?
    The streamer ended up playing for approximately 1 hour and then went to play CS:GO until the stream was over.

Yet another proof that the people watching streamers are stupid(and that most streamers are assholes).

Ugh, oh well...
    Q. Will Mac users be able to participate in the beta?
    A. We're developing Overwatch for Windows-based PCs only, so a Mac-specific beta will not be provided.
    *in before Mac vs PC gamer debate*

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    First Blizzard game in a LOT of years to not be on Macs. I wonder what prompted that.
    Probably ran the numbers and found that the costs of development and maintenance were not worth the small amount of people who play on mac os. Just use boot camp is their philosophy.

Real talk though. The people complaining that the game wont run on XP need to wake up. No developer is going to make a game compatible with an operating system that is no longer supported by its creator. XP has gone the way of windows 2000 and its time to move on.

Wow, Overwatch looks sooo generic and dull.

valor upgrade for missing content?

thats not the solution!

the subs will not rise in the last wod fail quarter..

only a fast legion beta will save this!