Please Make Meteor, Comet Storm, and Arcane Orb baseline!

These abilities are so cool graphically and add alot of flavor to the spec. Arcane orb especially. Should blizzard make them baseline for the specs? What do you think? I hate being forced into garbage talents on my mage because they deal higher dps.

Deleted
    Dunno man. Isn't it a bit awkward that the Orb only hits whatever is a couple of yards around it?

Deleted
    How in the whole world are you forced? Is your raidleader standing behind you and whipping at you to take PC/TV/OP?
    If u like them, play it. The DPS difference is marginal and if its not real progress no one cares. People are finetuning fire because they can. In this case u can play with CS/AO/Meteor

I rather hope they'll rethink AoE for each of the three specs in general as Flamestrike, Blizzard and Arcane Explosion are all pretty crap. Wouldn't want meteor / comet storm as replacements though since they're split damage and thus pretty meh outside of being nice graphics.

But to answer your question, no, don't particularly want any of those as baseline.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomathan View Post
    The DPS difference is marginal

Not in single target Arcane. Frost's isn't too marginal either. But there the complexity and chunkiness increases so much it's often a DPS loss in itself in real fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Not in single target Arcane. Frost's isn't too marginal either. But there the complexity and chunkiness increases so much it's often a DPS loss in itself in real fights.
    People often times tend to believe that they do everything correct and its the choice of talents which determine the enddps. Imo thats the biggest problem because often times its the player who do something wrong. Esp with "forced" talents. The mindset has an really big impact on the result. So playing with a talent someone "likes more" will often times yield to a better result because of better playing.
    Ofc you can post simcraftresults showing that AO is xxxx,yyy DPS lower than PC/OP but this is not the nature. Thats what is allways prayed in sims. They give numbers on a flat surface. Take them as hint but only as hint.

I actually simmed my mage again today just to check some things and found Comet Storm is a 800 dps increase over Thermal Void, so i'm going to try it in a raid setting this week and see how it goes. Comet Storm also seems to proc PoF on every hit which i find interesting.
    Not driving your car to keep the miles off is like not fucking your girlfriend to keep her fresh for the next guy

Quote Originally Posted by Toijin View Post
    I actually simmed my mage again today just to check some things and found Comet Storm is a 800 dps increase over Thermal Void, so i'm going to try it in a raid setting this week and see how it goes. Comet Storm also seems to proc PoF on every hit which i find interesting.
    You wanna use Seethe though as frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomathan View Post
    People often times tend to believe that they do everything correct and its the choice of talents which determine the enddps. Imo thats the biggest problem because often times its the player who do something wrong. Esp with "forced" talents. The mindset has an really big impact on the result. So playing with a talent someone "likes more" will often times yield to a better result because of better playing.
    Ofc you can post simcraftresults showing that AO is xxxx,yyy DPS lower than PC/OP but this is not the nature. Thats what is allways prayed in sims. They give numbers on a flat surface. Take them as hint but only as hint.
    What what if I can play them all 99% perfectly? No reason not to pick the best ones then. You wont find ANY 6+ mythic guiild (i think) where you can play with suboptimal talents and people are like "yeah, i guess he likes that more!". Kinda dickmove to drag your group down. And if you can't play the others as well... then "get gut mate".

On topic: I think they should make them base actually. Frost got quite a lacking rotation, and would be nice to add some flavour. Meteor is just too awesome. And arcane orb is... fine? i guess. Not a big fan myself of how it works.
    Last edited by Zogarth; 2015-10-28 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    You wanna use Seethe though as frost.
    Refuses to drop, i've gotten 3x PoFs now from cache but no Seethe, and i coin it every week.
    Not driving your car to keep the miles off is like not fucking your girlfriend to keep her fresh for the next guy

Quote Originally Posted by Toijin View Post
    Refuses to drop, i've gotten 3x PoFs now from cache but no Seethe, and i coin it every week.
    Rip. I got the same problem on Mannoroth mythic. Damn PoF refuses to drop.

Deleted
    What what if I can play them all 99% perfectly? No reason not to pick the best ones then.
    There is one reason. U dislike one talent. It was the word "forced" which was the point. Ofc if u play everything correct and want to do the most dmg you pick the best talent. But are you forced to do it? I dont think so. Its your decision.

You wont find ANY 6+ mythic guiild (i think) where you can play with suboptimal talents and people are like "yeah, i guess he likes that more!". Kinda dickmove to drag your group down. And if you can't play the others as well... then "get gut mate".
    Should i guide you over to the firemages killing Archi Mythic? On progress for world first thats maybe true. But we have 4 months into the content. People should come down to reality. This tiny <1% of the playerbase who are "forced" by their guild and the race to take the best talent are the ones not comming to the forum bitching about talents. This players are used to the fact that talents are set and fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    What what if I can play them all 99% perfectly? No reason not to pick the best ones then. You wont find ANY 6+ mythic guiild (i think) where you can play with suboptimal talents and people are like "yeah, i guess he likes that more!". Kinda dickmove to drag your group down. And if you can't play the others as well... then "get gut mate".

On topic: I think they should make them base actually. Frost got quite a lacking rotation, and would be nice to add some flavour. Meteor is just too awesome. And arcane orb is... fine? i guess. Not a big fan myself of how it works.
    Guilds that aren't at least 10/13 H are trash atm. No amount of min/maxing will help them down the boss. For players in those guilds, the difference between the best and worst talent will be so small as to not even exist. It would be better to work on their awareness of mechanics rather than trying to squeeze out an extra 2% dps with a different talent.

OT, I would like that Arcane Orb/ect to become baseline. Mages rotation are currently extremely simple, and could use a bit more spicing up. Adding the bombs baseline would be good as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Meteor and arcane orb sure. But what frost needs is to have that 14sec waterjet from the setbonus baseline!

Deleted
    Seethe isn't a big issue if you have PoF. It's only a small benefit in Frost compared to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Meteor and arcane orb sure. But what frost needs is to have that 14sec waterjet from the setbonus baseline!

That thing has exacerbated the problem that frost can't switch to targets easily. In practice, you must stay on adds for at least 8-10 seconds with it to not have a noticeable impact on DPS. I'd rather they didn't do that and increased its DPS otherwise.

I 100% support arcane orb being baseline. Meteor and comet storm are less interesting. Meteor helps build a big combust but is just part of your "CD" rotation, in the same way PC would be. comet storm is just an ability you use on CD. Arcane orb however actually changes your conserve rotation and decision making, and adds interesting choices between trying to orb on low stacks of AC, lots of targets, etc.

I also think arcane orb should generate some mana for each target hit if it isn't made baseline.