Page 1 of 32
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

[Megathread] Tree of Savior

Didn't see a Thread about this little gem and decided to make one.

I'm quite intrigued by ToS. After playing Ragnarok for 8 years, I thought that the game wouldn't be as good as planned, but it is. I played the beta yesterday, and it was a lot of fun. Great action combat, a lot of classes, amazing soundtrack, etc.

Eager to see more of it in the future.

Its fun. I myself also played RO for the longest time and have fond memories of that game. The combat is really fun though like you said but I hope the areas (didn't finish the initial) are more open. Soundtrack too like you said is awesome, brings me back. The only thing it really isn't similar so far is the art style which is good but its not even close to how colourful RO was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, this looks interesting. I was a huge fan of RO, so I might just have to look into this!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Its fun. I myself also played RO for the longest time and have fond memories of that game. The combat is really fun though like you said but I hope the areas (didn't finish the initial) are more open. Soundtrack too like you said is awesome, brings me back. The only thing it really isn't similar so far is the art style which is good but its not even close to how colourful RO was.
    Some tracks of the soundtrack are composed by SoundTEMP (same ppl who wrote the music of RO), and this is awesome.

About the art style, it is strange at first, and I still prefer that "32-bit ps1-like" spriting than the actual style, but it is still amazing in every single way. Could use more variety in faces/hairs though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Missed out on this round of invites but I'm super interested.

Sometimes I just want to kill stuff with some people, and MUDs just aren't cutting it anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Been paying attention to ToS since the announcement, fucking hurts that i haven't gotten into the beta yet, but atleast a friend have, he says it's pretty amazing.

Still not sure what class and build i want to go for, considering there is alot of "hidden" classes aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some friends i used to play RO with at around 2002 got into ToS and they've confirmed that the game lives to its hype C:!
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope Monks in this are as awesome as they were in RO
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Missed out on this round of invites but I'm super interested.

Sometimes I just want to kill stuff with some people, and MUDs just aren't cutting it anymore.
    I'm loving this, playing with people actually feels rewarding

There are plenty of bosses while leveling

Dungeons give AN ACTUAL REWARDING AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE. Remember when you did a dungeon at level 99 and it barely moved your xp bar? Not on this one!

So many support heavy classes too!

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone who signed up 2 weeks prior to this beta phase should have gotten in. They have 3 open servers now and they're full. It is amazing they're handling it at all for a beta. Pure guesstimate at peak times over 15k+ players on my current server Laimas. Sure it can be really unstable at points but considering the size of the company, how its early beta and how many people, its amazing. Last I saw they had over 140k beta signups for this round.

The game is fun though, a lot to do. Quite a few hidden things as well that I really make exploring the entire map worth it. So far I've just been playing with different character builds, I'm on my 4th one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hex Maniac Maelle View Post
    I'm loving this, playing with people actually feels rewarding

There are plenty of bosses while leveling

Dungeons give AN ACTUAL REWARDING AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE. Remember when you did a dungeon at level 99 and it barely moved your xp bar? Not on this one!

So many support heavy classes too!
    I haven't got into a dungeon yet.. I kept rerolling around level 40 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    I haven't got into a dungeon yet.. I kept rerolling around level 40 lol.
    Me neither, still 36 because of that evil, evil login bug. I have a friend who's 55 and he said the first dungeon, even with a premade group, was hard and gave a buttload of experience.

I almost wept with joy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I just hope Monks in this are as awesome as they were in RO

I miss Asura Strike. So much fun!

Big fan of RO. Sadly, I can't enter this beta

I've not played RO or heard much of this game. Anyone give me an analysis?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I've not played RO or heard much of this game. Anyone give me an analysis?
    Ragnarok Online could probably be best described as a family friendly, yet highly engaging and diverse, MMORPG, from before MMORPG was as hyped up as it is today. RO is the only MMO, where hanging out, literally meant sitting on a field of grass and just hanging out, to me.

It's still reasonably alright, though clearly it has aged. The main thing about it was that it focused on a friendly, mild colored, atmosphere, without being faceroll. It had a great amount of customizability.

It was a grinder, though. But somehow, it managed to be attractive nonetheless. I booted it up recently, on a private server (I don't have time for the grind to 99 in the 1x XP version) and I still enjoyed it very much.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Ragnarok Online could probably be best described as a family friendly, yet highly engaging and diverse, MMORPG, from before MMORPG was as hyped up as it is today. RO is the only MMO, where hanging out, literally meant sitting on a field of grass and just hanging out, to me.

It's still reasonably alright, though clearly it has aged. The main thing about it was that it focused on a friendly, mild colored, atmosphere, without being faceroll. It had a great amount of customizability.

It was a grinder, though. But somehow, it managed to be attractive nonetheless. I booted it up recently, on a private server (I don't have time for the grind to 99 in the 1x XP version) and I still enjoyed it very much.
    This. Plus more than 40 classes to choose (one VERY different from another one).
    Some were full support, others, not as much. A lot of different builds, and great skill customization, something that lacks in current-gen MMO's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post

man the woe's, the sense of community that was created around guilds-alliances and even leveling encouraged grouping for stuff like glast heim and then when niffleheim came in, oh god nh_fild02 mobbing and nh_fild01 loliruri farming :')
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    man the woe's, the sense of community that was created around guilds-alliances and even leveling encouraged grouping for stuff like glast heim and then when niffleheim came in, oh god nh_fild02 mobbing and nh_fild01 loliruri farming :')
    It was amazing.

I must admit, that I had the most fun ingame with the Lord of Death MVP Farming, because we built an entire community around that. When they patched the skeleton XP out, that basically fell apart, which to me personally really hurt the game. MVP spawning was extremely fun, but that instantly killed it.

We literally picked up the phone, to America, to get someone in that could tank and heal it and then we got whole groups together to leech some XP, or fetch items they needed. Good times.

80 classes for this game wut

so what's the basics for this game? Leveling like Diablo 2?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    80 classes for this game wut

so what's the basics for this game? Leveling like Diablo 2?
    you can play it with diablo controls if you want

leveling is like other mmos, you do quests, sidequests, dungeons or grind. main quests have some space between them (like youre 32 and the next is 40) so you have some room to pick how you wanna play the game. or just go do the level 40 quest, it's gonna be hard but its doable.

playing in a party is awesome and rewarding. after a few levels soloing is harder, sure you can do it alone but it'll take longer and more potions.

the classes are pretty different. some classes are just for crafting, others are heavy support.