Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Do you keep talking with your ex after breaking up?

Do you still maintain any kind of relationship with your ex gf/bf after a break up?

Why?

See you soon!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I only keep contact with 1 of my ex's, that is because we were Childhood friends that dated as young adults but broke up in a fairly friendly way and are still quite close but with no feelings of anything intimate.

The rest can go fuck themselves with Cacti.

I'm talking to my not-quite-ex-yet wife right now (we are separated) because I'm trying to get her to work things out, but it's not working haha she keeps sending mixed signals and in general not taking it seriously like I am. Yet I still do it because I'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    I only keep contact with 1 of my ex's, that is because we were Childhood friends that dated as young adults but broke up in a fairly friendly way and are still quite close but with no feelings of anything intimate.

The rest can go fuck themselves with Cacti.
    Same as this guy. Though perhaps Cacti isn't harsh enough.
    Not driving your car to keep the miles off is like not fucking your girlfriend to keep her fresh for the next guy

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends entirely on the circumstances around the breakup. In general, I tend to have a good relationship with my exes.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

I kept in contact with my first ex after we broke up for awhile, but I started hanging with new people and started to move away from the "group" we hung out in, so I don't really see her that much anymore, which doesn't really bother me but we did break up on good terms. As for the two other ex's, they weren't the best relationships and they were only short term, so I don't think it'd be worth it to keep in contact with them.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2015-10-28 at 12:32 PM.

Yeaaa no, fuck em. It would border on self mutilation to keep in touch with them

10+ Year Old Account
    I talk with my ex because we share a child. If no child was in the picture I'd have nothing to do with her. I don't of anything good that comes from staying in touch with ex's.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stayed in touch with 1 ex gf for about 2 years, till she joined the ranks of the others: dead to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not really. I can't be friends after, so what's the point? Maybe I'd see differently if it was an old friend.

Not on bad terms or anything, we'll talk if we meet, I just don't maintain a relationship with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    I'm talking to my not-quite-ex-yet wife right now (we are separated) because I'm trying to get her to work things out, but it's not working haha she keeps sending mixed signals and in general not taking it seriously like I am. Yet I still do it because I'm stupid
    Trying to make a relationship work isn't stupid. Sucks though, people are simply to greedy to build a relationship these days.

Deleted
    Guys, never make this mistake.

If it's over, walk away and cut off all contact. Don't hover and hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Toijin View Post
    Same as this guy. Though perhaps Cacti isn't harsh enough.
    Cacti covered in hot sauce?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Guys, never make this mistake.

If it's over, walk away and cut off all contact. Don't hover and hope.
    Don't have a choice when children are involved though. Gotta suck it up and put on a smile.

Typically I cut contact for a good chunk of time. Pretty much every single girl I've been with I still talk to from time to time, one of which I see fairly often in a group setting. Relationships for me usually stem from a genuine friendship, and losing that completely seems silly to me.

Except that one girl.... I won't be talking to her again lol.

Ex's are ex's for a reason.

Even if the nookie is really good, you should still try to keep that shit at a distance.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Deleted
    It's a case by case kind of thing, mostly depends on why and how we broke up. I keep in touch with a few and wish insuferable pain for the rest, but I can still mantain a calm conversation with them if cold stare and /ignore is not an option. Sometimes you're not meant to be together, sometimes you're just being played, used and taken for a fool till your patience runs out and discard the shitty beings and hollow souls

I didn't keep talking to her, but I did receive an email from her one day(2-4 years later) which led us to meet again. Short story short, I didn't recognize her for the person I fell in love with before and I never bothered even thinking about her again.

We broke up without any of us actually wanting to break up, we kinda were forced to. So I did actually have hope for the relatiationship to rekindle

Deleted
    Yes. I am/have been friends with all my exes. The most recent ex (broke up in November last year) I talk to almost every day. We are very close friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a dangerous game friend.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis