Poll: Your view/stance on Aliens

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Do I believe life outside of this world exists? absolutely.

Do I believe its little green men with ray guns and flying saucers? no.

I think the most likely scenario would be more humans that have evolved just like us on similar worlds, worlds which NASA has found but they are so far away.

15+ Year Old Account
    I believe they exist. some alien life may not have reached the stage to be self aware (like earth before apes evolved to modern humans) , some aliens might be behind humanity in technology and science, some may have superior technology compared to us. we shouldn't be hell-bent on making contact because we don't know "what" we're going to make contact with.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    1010101 1001 0010 100101 010101 111101
    85 9 2 37 21 61?
    Your binary is poorly formed.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Aliens exist and they are infact technologically superior and decide to come to Earth I'm pretty sure they'll conclude we're nothing more than a cancer to this planet and proceed to wipe us out. Because let's be honest here.. how ffing dumb do you have to be to knowingly and continuously destroy your own planet due to greedynes and why would aliens bother with us... Or they have been checking us out and we're simply not ready yet.

Aliens could exist like animals on various planets, they'll be different than Earth's animals but alien to us nontheless right?

Personally regardless of my previous statement for us to meet aliens now would be a bad thing anyway when we can't even get past discrimination amongst ourselves based on something as dumb as skin color... then again it might unite us who knows.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Deleted
    As I've said before, if we can exist on planet earth, then the possibility of other lifeforms (whether they are "intelligent" or bacterial) is more than plausible.

I don't believe in the whole UFO- advanced technology-crop circle-coming to kill us-big green head nonsense people come up with.

But for life to form on planets, the stars have to align, so to speak. We may be ignorant in our understanding as to how life can form, maybe water isn't necessary for life on other planets in other galaxies. I mean look at the Tardigrade, these things can survive the frickin vacuum of space, massive levels of radiation, absence of oxygen, extreme temperatures etc, who's to say more "advanced" biological organisms don't exist on other planets with these sort of traits with heightened capabilities.

All 'n all, I do believe there are other organic lifeforms out there, but that's purely because Earth exists the way it does

15+ Year Old Account
    i would bet money on their being a militarized empire somewhere out there and possibly a religious cult.... possibly they're both the same.

regardless, having them find us could be genocide for our people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    a universe as huge as this

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...LER_(JPEG).jpg

i cannot deny the aliens at all, its not possible, its infact "stupid", even in maths, there is a huge chance for universe as huge as this to have not just 2 life forms, but many

plus, this picture scares the hell of me
    if that scares you, then dont watch this or install the sim on your computer...

10+ Year Old Account
    I definitely believe that there is something out there in the universe. I refuse to believe that in this expansive universe with trillions of planets, star systems and galaxies, that our mediocre ball of rock is the only one sustaining life. It's just not something I can believe in. Not something that makes sense to me.

However, what is out there, I believe will be a little far from our comprehension. These aliens won't necessarily be the kind with big heads different shades of greens and large eyes. Who knows what they'll look like, but one thing is for sure, their technology will be vastly superior.

10+ Year Old Account
    They exist but they are spiritual, aka what is commonly called demons or fallen angels. People laugh at the idea despite the fact that to be an alien is to be truly different, beings that exist on a different plane of existence entirely definitely qualifies. Most of the people that accept aliens tend to only be open to the physical kind which is rather narrow minded if you think about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aliens do exist, but none of us have ever seen them. All those UFO sightings? Well, why would an alien race that didn't want to be discovered cover their spacecraft in blinking lights?

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
    An alien that knows the English Alphabet, how honorable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mathematically I think they exist.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Well, why would an alien race that didn't want to be discovered cover their spacecraft in blinking lights?
    There are various reasons that could explain the lights.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    An alien that knows the English Alphabet, how honorable.
    English Alphabet?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Do I believe? Absolutely. Have we/should we make contact? Yup. Honestly I think it's silly to discredit something you can't comprehend. The math supports it. Couple in theoretical quantum multi-demensions and the probability expands exponentially. To discredit or not believe the math, that's just pure ignorance.

Somewhere in a galaxy far far away...

I'd be highly amused, if one day we wake up to learn that Will Smith, Chris Pine, Bill Shatner, Harrison Ford, Pickard etc etc etc all were found dead with some crazy carving. The next day, they invade.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Do I believe? Absolutely. Have we/should we make contact? Yup. Honestly I think it's silly to discredit something you can't comprehend. The math supports it. Couple in theoretical quantum multi-demensions and the probability expands exponentially. To discredit or not believe the math, that's just pure ignorance.
    What maths?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    What maths?
    Probably the Drake equation. Which is just a wild guess.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

I belive there's something alive somewhere, but whether that is actual creatures that can communicate or just amoebas is impossible to say. There are millions of possibilities for life on planets around the universe, and equal as many possibilities for how those lifeforms look. The likelyhood of them being to communicate with us, atleast the ones closts, would be very slim and if it doesn't exist within the solar system, any kind of continuous communication is pretty much impossible.

Many, many, many microbiotic lifeforms.

Many, many planets with multicellular organisms.

Many planets with most or all Earth-comparable phyla.

Some planets with sentient life and civilizations.

A precious few civilizations able to maintain post-industial technology and culture.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Avoid contact. Invest in planetary cloaking technology research. Only reveal ourselves if we know we have an advantageous position.

Don't take unnecessary risks.
    And you plan to achieve this kind of cooperation with anarchy?