Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yea, I don't see the issue here, well, I do- she is right. Not a case of feminazis going too far, this is a case where feminists would have a valid point- the problem is she flesh, not he flesh, and that is a valid thing to complain about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    No, I think it's a bullshit deflection from taking responsibility for her own actions. The excuse that _________ does it so why can't I is exactly that. That and I can't picture in my mind how she would be brought to tears for being told your skirt to too short.
    The excuse that men can show more than and be fine but women can't show a tiny bit of thigh without being thrown out of school is simply an excuse and her not taking responsibility? It's not a double standard?

"...bringing me to tears..." lol

As for the shorts: I've obviously never worn a skirt, but there are different considerations when you're not wearing any material between your legs...

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    If she left it there, she'd be fine. But the patriarchal society and I'm rolling my eyes.

"It's the Patriarchy's fault I can't wear a bikini to school!" I'm expecting that argument one day.
    She didn't make that argument, and it's not a good idea to assume she would. I agree she could have left out some of the stuff she said but it's not like she's wrong either with the way her school seems to deal with male dress code vs female dress code. As I said before, I agree she could have left out some stuff like the patriarchal society shit but, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    this isn't about "society" this is a schools dressing policy. if she wants the school to change the policy then IDK make a petition or something. all the rest of the OP is hardly worth touching with a ten foot pole.
    Well apparently she was within code, it was the teacher who is at fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    I didn't say from her. But I fully expect a trend of showing up in whatever crazy shit someone can find and "Patriarchy".

If her argument is "They shouldn't be wearing short shorts either", leave it there.
    They already do that.....

That is a fair complaint. Any dress code should apply equally to both sexes.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    No, there is logic here

She is right. Her skirt is longer then the boys pants.
    Aren't skirt length limited because the shorter they are the easier it is to see under it? A problem "chubbies" (is that a new thing?) don't really have.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    "...bringing me to tears..." lol

As for the shorts: I've obviously never worn a skirt, but there are different considerations when you're not wearing any material between your legs...
    Like a dick can't come out the side of a pair of shorts...

10+ Year Old Account
    Are they kidding? My mother wears skirts shorter than that.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    then take it up with the fucking teacher then. I don't see why the rest of the world has to give a shit some girl was embarrassed and got slapped with in school sespesnion. oh boo fucking hoo for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Do you agree with her that the reason is that it is a patriarchal society and that she is a woman?
    No, not really. I think there are genuinely just idiots out there, that do stupid things. Jennifer Woods, who suspended the girl, was probably "acting before thinking." I sincerely doubt she thought "It's a woman, get her!"

But I'll never know I guess.

That skirt is really conservative compared to the skirts and shorts girls wore when I was in high school. That skirt has room to spare on fingertip length.

Expected skirt short enough to show ass, was dissapointed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellomania View Post
    Expected skirt short enough to show ass, was dissapointed
    So you are interested in checking out underage highschool girls?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Then stick with that! Stick with it being bullshit boys have more leg shown off (even though shorts and skirts are different.) But mentioning Patriarchy and "being brought to tears" over this just turns it from sensible to stupid.

For the people quoting me, this is setting up a trend, even though in her specific situation the school was in the wrong. Young women, go to school in whatever you want. When you get in trouble, cry out "Patriarchy" and the internet will defend you.

Deleted
    Maybe it's time America just had school uniforms and a list of suggested vendors or something.

I don't believe she was "brought to tears", because that is pathetic. She can fuck off with the "patriarchy" shit too, that has literally nothing to do with anything and just tells me this girl is an idiot who reads too much Jezebel. A female teacher believed her skirt broke the rules, which are specific on length, and punished her accordingly. Whether other teachers punish boys in shorts or not is irrelevant, and her own teacher didn't punish her for her skirt either. She gambled with the rules and got unlucky when she ran into a prudish conservative school-marm who thought she was breaking the 3 inch rule. 2badsosad.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2015-10-28 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTophat View Post
    I absolutely agree with the school on this. I can see that young woman's ankles for goldarns sake!

Next thing you know they'll want to vote. What is this world coming to?
    Yeah seriously. Why can't girls just understand we as a society want them to cover up so we can't see their damn ankles. And this girl's showing kneecaps, that's way to far.

So you are interested in checking out underage highschool girls?
    Bad bait is bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    First reply about feminism. Good grief.
    It's not like your OP is about the Patriarchy...