Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Why not ask all of the cops who have been cleared of wrongdoing, but had their lives turned upside down anyway?
    sorry I don't have thier cell numbers to say my bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp sorry for that. Figured it was obvious with prior moral stances being visible.
    What prior moral stances? Are you talking about cases in which we both saw? Or cases you saw vs cases I saw?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    how many times does this occur? regularly? every so often?
    Do we want to use just this forum for a sample?

Why not ask all of the cops who have been cleared of wrongdoing, but had their lives turned upside down anyway?
    You still haven't answered: if they didn't do anything wrong, why fear surveillance? That's the conservative rhetoric too.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Such a shit argument "I'm afraid to do my job because I might get in trouble for doing something wrong."

How about you do the right fuckin thing. Then you won't have to worry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunnel Snakes Rule View Post
    The solution is body cameras on police officers.
    And even that can be problematic. Media can twist how that looks with selective editing or narrative manipulation, and people blinded by their bias's will just eat it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like we have the citizenry some in our government have wanted all along

they are

1. Fearful of the government
    2. Armed
    3. Willing to go against the government officials

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi256 View Post
    Ultimately there's no happy solution. Rampant crime is bad, but so is a police state. It all gets down to the quality of the individuals in your populace. If your population is full of bad people, no laws or regulations or scrutiny can fix things.
    That was a great point often overlooked by many. Like people comparing the situation here to Western Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunnel Snakes Rule View Post
    The solution is body cameras on police officers.
    That might help prove the police used excessive force, but does nothing to prevent the problem the police are facing in which they are forced to make split second decisions that get reviewed under a microscope at a later date.

You couldn't pay me enough to be a cop. If I saw a minority doing something that might be illegal, I'd just drive/walk away, because the penalty for being wrong and intervening is your life is ruined.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdeii View Post
    Quite a bit actually, you'd be surprised. In most cases you see in the media the cop being accused of brutality when he is following the protocol is in serious danger. You only really hear about relocations in the very major cases.

This one town near where I grew up on Long Island had roughly a 40% graduate rate in high school. A decent amount of gangs and whatnot. You'd literally hear talk about "bounties" on cops heads when they arrested a child.
    I also live on Long Island and this is the first I'm hearing this.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Such a shit argument "I'm afraid to do my job because I might get in trouble for doing something wrong."

How about you do the right fuckin thing. Then you won't have to worry.
    Except its not about how well they do their job, its how well the general population perceives them doing their job. They could be 100% justified in whatever actions they take and be crucified by the public.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

I can totally understand some officers being shaken up by this, but it should be about getting people swarming them, not 'viral video'. If you do your job well, odds are those videos will never go viral. A cop coming up to a group on the corner at 1am and being polite in asking what they're up to, has nothing to worry about in being recorded. They can even choose not to answer the cop, and he can simply say he'll be around, and waltz off.

Or as I've been saying for years, give them bodycams so they can back up their actions when the public video only shows the last 10 seconds of a situation.

What is that phrase they always use when discussing increased surveillance?

Oh yes: If you haven't done anything wrong, then you have nothing to fear.

For example:

10+ Year Old Account
    More or less from what I've read on forums. And from reading between the lines. My fault if I misinterpreted what you were saying, sorry bout that.
    All good. I do advise to state something more concrete in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    For example:
    Darren Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Darren Wilson.
    Who was "cleared of wrongdoing" by receiving special treatment from the prosecutor that literally no one else would have gotten? Please.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh wow really?! Nassau or suffolk? The one town in particular I was talking about is Nassau. You really don't hear much about such statements but since I knew a few people with cop/firefighter families I heard a few things

Unfortunately I'm out in New Hampshire now for an md/phd program. Miss new york so much.

- - - Updated - - -

of course. really sick today, can barely think at half capacity
    Nassau. I also used to date a girl whose brother and dad were cops. I never once heard of anything like that.

- - - Updated - - -

of course. really sick today, can barely think at half capacity
    All good bro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    You still haven't answered: if they didn't do anything wrong, why fear surveillance? That's the conservative rhetoric too.
    Perhaps they don't want to be the next Darren Wilson?

He was cleared by a police investigation. He was cleared by an independent investigation hired by Brown's family/attorneys. He was cleared in a civil lawsuit.

Yet he was forced out of his chosen profession, he can never be a police officer again, and he lives in hiding because he receives death threats for his lawful actions...

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Who was "cleared of wrongdoing" by receiving special treatment from the prosecutor that literally no one else would have gotten? Please.
    He was cleared of wrong doing. The fact that you disagree with it doesn't change that. This is exactly what is being talked about. He was cleared of wrong doing and you are still condemning him.