Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where annoying New Yorkers come to retire
    I'm majority Cherokee yet I didn't grow up in the culture. Didn't even know until I was in my late teens. I was raised with my mother being Cherokee/Dutch/German, my stepdad being Italian born in New York. Which basically meant I was raised in a big loud annoying Italian family (grandparents lived down the street) that said "fuck" a lot and went to a Roman Catholic church on Sundays to be forgiven for saying "fuck" a lot.

My biological father lives in Oklahoma on the Cherokee nation reservation (I think it's called a sovereign nation now?). Met him once as an adult. I share the Cherokee bone structure (and blood), but the rest of my features lean towards the Dutch/German/Irish side even though i'm majority native. Basically, I'm white as fuck with blue eyes and reddish blonde hair, yet I can shoot a bow and arrow like a sniper.

I can honestly say even though my heritage is majority native, I have yet to meet a full blooded Indian. I never had the opportunity to gain acceptance into the Cherokee tribe due to looking "too white", yet I'm still able to apply for residency on the Cherokee nation in Oklahoma.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    The people who complain about illegal immigrants really just mean Native Americans from south of our border.
    I'm embarrassed to say I've never looked at it that way, but you're absolutely right.

Having worked as a health professional in Straya the amount of emphesis put in to educate us on the history of abo's and all their cultural sensitivity left a bad taste in my mouth. I still don't care of their history or whatever hardships they have gone through. We all have shit in our lives and our own drama's to deal with.

P.S - Would bang an abo chick if she didn't smell of urine or dirty minge.
    P.S.S - Not a racist. I hate Islam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I've met some who were really big on their culture, I've met some who weren't. I've met some who were utter shitheads.

I dunno, they're people. Some of them are dicks. Some aren't. You might as well ask about Mongolians.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    What Bushtucker said was pretty spot on, if you consider that racist then you're pretty thin-skinned and easily offended. I did not detect any hint of racism from his comments, like he said there's multiple types of Aboriginals and I'm sure he'd agree that they're just like any other race when it comes to having multiple types of individuals. My experience has not been great with Aboriginals but I'm of the opinion that they're not all bad people, just like Asians, Africans, Latinos and White people.

There's nothing wrong with Aboriginals having tribes and what not, by all means that's their right but if some of those people want to integrate into Australian society and then start claiming societies' "welfare benefits", then they're in the same boat as us and need to contribute to society rather than try and tear it down with non-sense. I'd say the same to any other race of people, not just them.
    Oh I'm not thin skinned, I am just aware of how F***'d up things are, and I am fully aware of White privilege. This doesn't put me on par with a SJW, it just means I have a level of empathy, and wish that people would change.

Last encounter I had with an Australian aboriginal was me whacking one across the back with a metal pole. - He was trying to break into my car during the early hours of the morning, luckily I woke up or he would have smashed the windows to get in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Unless you live under a rock you've met one if you live in the US. The people who complain about illegal immigrants really just mean Native Americans from south of our border.
    Quote Originally Posted by bonekrusher View Post
    I'm embarrassed to say I've never looked at it that way, but you're absolutely right.
    Here in California, it means Native Americans who speak Spanish, and have a seasonal migration from mexico to the San Joaquin Valley for farming.

Here in LA and related parts, the vast majority of Hispanics are of Native ancestry.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Met several when I was living in Wisconsin and the last time I was in New Mexico. Living in California...not so much.
    Lived in the HB long ago, and there are plenty of Native Americans there, only they don't act Native American, they ride Harley's, They hang out, most call them Hispanic, because well it's hard to distinguish Full Blooded Tongva people, from a Hispanic with mostly Spanish ancestry.

Saw quite a few Australian aborigines when I went there last, it was never a nice moment sadly.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Native American? Yes. I worked on two different Native American reservations, one in Arizona, one in California, over two summers building houses and helping with other jobs.

Never met an Aboriginal Australian though.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Wow. Is it weird I've never met a full-blood Native American? I haven't really seen any in Maryland, I mostly see either black people, Vietnamese, Filipinos and a few white people in the region I live.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Here in California, it means Native Americans who speak Spanish, and have a seasonal migration from mexico to the San Joaquin Valley for farming.

Here in LA and related parts, the vast majority of Hispanics are of Native ancestry.

Lived in the HB long ago, and there are plenty of Native Americans there, only they don't act Native American, they ride Harley's, They hang out, most call them Hispanic, because well it's hard to distinguish Full Blooded Tongva people, from a Hispanic with mostly Spanish ancestry.
    I believe most Hispanics are primarily Native with some Spaniard or West African blood, with the exception of Argentineans of course.