Poll: How much gold does the average player have?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    It's not hard to make gold at all, if you know how. Without trying, applying a casual two hours a day, and I make over 100,000g a month without seriously trying.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Before the token I had 50k across all of my characters. Now (with a job that pays well) I can get 30k for $20 legitimately (although illegitimate ways are far cheaper) whenever there's a mount I want on the AH, at which point I find the server it's cheapest on and make an alt.

Deleted
    i would say atleast 20k.
    im currently sitting on 420k, with another 15k+ from garrison missions & doing kazzak twice this week & i rarely log on nowadays.
    maybe 15 minutes monday - friday & an hour or 2 over the weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    The average player has less than 15k across all characters
    who have you & arsenal got in the next round of the league cup?
    oh, hang on lol
    up the owls!!

no offence intended mate, i spent 10 years living in blyth

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    average? over 100k, for all the poor people out there, there's people like me with 5mill, so 50 of us is still over 100k.

that and garrisons, people who have had very little gold in wow are easily 6 figures from all those treasure hunter missions.
    Oh you need a lesson in statistics. I would guess under 10k

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    i would say atleast 20k.
    im currently sitting on 420k, with another 15k+ from garrison missions & doing kazzak twice this week & i rarely log on nowadays.

- - - Updated - - -

oh, hang on lol
    up the owls!!
    Except he's probably right...
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Average 10-15k would be my guess, average raider prob 50-100k. Bare in mind that's not your average guildie that knows about treasure hunters, professions, ah etc they most likely just quest and do dailies and some pvp and as soon as they get some gold they spend it on shiny new mount or pet or whatnot. Friend of mine got like super excited when i told him he can earn gold with garrison...it was 2 months ago :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    It's not hard to make gold at all, if you know how. Without trying, applying a casual two hours a day, and I make over 100,000g a month without seriously trying.
    You don't seriously expect anyone to think you make 100k a month without trying. Be serious now.
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    I really don't know how its possible to struggle to reach 10-20k.

You have to try pretty hard to have a net gold loss from regular play. Doing quest and dungeons both reward more gold then you will ever lose on repairs, pvp has much lower repair costs. LFR is also a gold gain except maybe first week of it's release.

So even the most casual of players can't possibly lose gold unless they use it to buy things, at which point they have enough disposable income that it's not "struggling" anymore.

The only catergory of players i can see having a gold problems are new players who have to buy essentials like flight speed and what not that adds up, but those are all one time expenses and after that it's all non-essentials.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2015-10-29 at 04:03 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    I'd also like to know if players have similar money using habits in game and in real life.

I've never done any serious AH business nor min-maxed my treasure hunter followers etc. but managed to get over million gold in game because i almost never buy anything. I have low pay job (in my country) but happen to have semi fat bank account because as no-lifer i rarely spend any money. I could imagine that someone who spends all his gold to gear/carries/pets/mounts/whatever, will be often broke IRL because spending in all kind of crap.
    Not really.
    In game money I'll spend on things like transmog (I changed my characters look a lot) and mats for my raid.
    I'm a lot more inclined to impulse buy things in WoW than I am in real life because the only real expense that exists to my character is repairs. and my guild covers those.
    The world isn't as bad as you think.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see stereotype "noobs" on Facebook groups going crazy about getting Ashes or Invincible on their first kill ever who have 50-100k+ in their bags so the number has to be somewhere around that amount. But then again people on those groups also went crazy over someone who posted a wall of text about reaching 500k for the first time in 9 years of gold making so 'the hell do I know. /shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread just kinda shows how detached people on this website are.

I'd say around 20K, assuming they spend their gold on repairs, buying mats,.. on the AH.

But perhaps we should define the average WoW player first?

i've bought six months of sub time and still kicking around with about 200k probably will buy more sub time in mid november when i get a bit too much gold again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    i would say atleast 20k.

- - - Updated - - -

oh, hang on lol
    up the owls!!

no offence intended mate, i spent 10 years living in blyth
    I suppose you need something to cheer about after living in Blyth for 10 years

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    You don't seriously expect anyone to think you make 100k a month without trying. Be serious now.
    Sadly... 100k per month is 3333g per day ... a garrison can generate a lot of gold, if you don't even account for the BoP profession that can give you a lot, if you only do the missions, you can have easily 1k per character per day. Now if Dragonheart Maiden has at least 3 chars, he can do 3333g per day "without seriously trying". Now imagine if he has 11 chars, or if he does the Cata raids once per week...

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have a shit load of gold if I didn't pay for sub via wow tokens, I've bought one every month since they came out so probably spent like 400k on them so far

A couple of years ago I thought everybody was swimming in gold, but the more recent posts of these kind of threads I would say 20,000 gold if that.

Over 3 servers I have over 100K. The 3 main people I talk to regularly about this game, one has 1.5 mil, one has 1.2 mil, the other is like me, somewhere in the upper 5 digits/low 6. That's without trying and being a spender. I'm getting more toons up with taverns and getting their treasure hunters going. Soon enough, i'll be like y'all ma'fuckas.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

The number definitely went up this expansion, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    He said 2 hours a day. If I didn't PVP and tried to make gold, i think I could do pretty well with 2 hours a day. I try for 10 minutes a day to do garrison shit on like 12 toons that have something going on in Orcland.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.