Which WoW graphic options can I ignore as a raider ?

Hey I have an old PC and I would like to get the lowest possible setting that I can raid mythic with ( I want the settings to be low enough enough for me to notice the bosses mechanics eg: fire on the ground or a something falling on me )

Could you guys give me a list of what I can ignore ( put on the lowest ) and a list of what is vital for raiding?
    "It is always darkest just before the dawn " ~Thomas Fuller

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadows would be up there, imho.

Deleted
    Sometimes theres a middle ground. I think people tend to run particle quality at good rather than low or Ultra because Ultra is processor heavy and Low just isnt visible enough. Most notable is (how I remember, might have changed) things like Death and Decay, the ring wont actually show on low. But view distance can be cut inside raid instances too.

Projected Textures are mandatory for some boss effects to be seen, and Texture Res should be at least Fair, as well as Particle Effects on Medium.
    I don't remember anything else directly affecting visibility of abilities and such. Maybe don't use "Low" View Distance just to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Projected Textures are mandatory for some boss effects to be seen, and Texture Res should be at least Fair, as well as Particle Effects on Medium.
    I don't remember anything else directly affecting visibility of abilities and such. Maybe don't use "Low" View Distance just to be sure.
    I'm not trying to call you out, but do you have any specific examples of this? I know that during WotLK what you said was absolutely true, but for some reason (I have no proof of this), I believe, that regardless of the setting, it always shows the effects (just at a reduced level of quality), and that they cannot be fully turned off anymore.

For example, back in WotLK you could not see spells such as Consecrate, Death and Decay, or Pestilence when the Projected Textures option was disabled, but these days, even with it disabled, I believe you can still see those spells at a very reduced level of quality.

Again, not calling you out, but I find myself answering questions about graphics quality from time to time, and I always want to give people the best information I can. I don't raid at the moment, so I can't verify whether that setting affects anything specifically for certain boss mechanics.

Honestly you can raid at Everything Low, you dont need any above low to be able to raid and see everything. i used to raid mythic with everything low and never stand on fire or anything.