Deleted

Stats prio Resto. A lot of options

Intellect;
    Spirit (until you are comfortable with your Mana regeneration);
    Mastery;
    Haste;
    Multistrike = Critical Strike;
    Versatility.

This is from icy viens and i have to disagree with this priority. I want to aim for Crit as first prio. Why? Because we get mana back when we crit.
    What I do not know is if i want Haste or Mastery. I haven't figured it out yet.

How many here roll with crit as main stats and either haste/mastery as 2nd and if so, why?

That icy veins priority actually looks exactly right. The mana return from crit is much lower than it has been in the past. Not to mention, mana is of very little concern in current gear. Mastery is the top stat because it highlights Shaman's biggest strength and provides the most throughput at a very reasonable hp% breakpoint.

Here is the chainheal team's stat priority: http://chainheal.com/hfc-best-in-slot-list-bis/
    Last edited by freddy090909; 2015-10-29 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    Intellect;
    Mastery;
    Haste;
    Versatility.

This is from icy viens and i have to disagree with this priority. I want to aim for Crit as first prio. Why? Because we get mana back when we crit.

How many here roll with crit as main stats and either haste/mastery as 2nd and if so, why?
    that's the proper stat prio for prog for sure. during farm you could run haste/MS if you wanted to because of overgearing content, and it's also better dps if you find yourself with alot of downtime. MS wins out over crit since the nerfs to resurgence in 6.0, and mana isn't an issue at all anymore once you have phylactery.

IMHO though, do whatever you want, its so late in the tier if it works for you go for it. benefit of gearing haste/mast or haste/ms is it's also good for leveling in legion, depending on what your dps spec is. mythic WF gear will last 'til last leveling zone probably.

As for Haste or Mastery it depends on what difficulty you currently raid and your healing comp. I also agree that IV has the stat priority correct.

Please do not encourage people to go haste over mastery. It isn't correct and it makes shamans look bad. It might become correct if you are 1-healing an encounter and still cannot make use of your mastery for some reason - a very rare scenario. Otherwise drop a healer or two or three and your mastery will become useful. As you overgear the content it should be possible for some healers to play a dps offspec. It brings much more to the raid than 4 bored haste stacking people snipping each other. And it isn't engaging anyway that way.

Unless I missed a hotfix to Ascendance it does not benefit from Multistrike at all, but does benefit from every other secondary stat. Assuming this is still the case Multistrike should be below Crit, not on par with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothrik View Post
    Unless I missed a hotfix to Ascendance it does not benefit from Multistrike at all, but does benefit from every other secondary stat. Assuming this is still the case Multistrike should be below Crit, not on par with it.
    MS still applies to the spells cast though, at all times through the fight. I consider MS to be equal with Crit, and agree with the Icy Veins prioritisation.

But to the OP, Crit is nowhere near a top priority stat. Deep Healing from Mastery is so strong and we really shine there. Haste helps deliver those Mastery-powered heals faster. Crit tends to lead to overhealing and yes does proc Resurgence for mana returns but honestly, mana is not that big a problem for a variety of reasons.

If you want to re-prioritise your stats that's fine, but the IV ranking is optimal (for PvE at least).
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Intellect;
    Mastery;
    Haste;
    Versatility.

Bottom end raiding guilds need players too. Good on ya for helping out.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiae View Post
    Please do not encourage people to go haste over mastery. It isn't correct and it makes shamans look bad. It might become correct if you are 1-healing an encounter and still cannot make use of your mastery for some reason - a very rare scenario. Otherwise drop a healer or two or three and your mastery will become useful. As you overgear the content it should be possible for some healers to play a dps offspec. It brings much more to the raid than 4 bored haste stacking people snipping each other. And it isn't engaging anyway that way.
    I don't see anyone encouraging haste over mastery.

Is there ever a point that itemization is more important then int/ilvl?

I keep getting 10 ilvl upgrades that are horribly itemized with versatility/multistrike.

This is from icy viens and i have to disagree with this priority.
    I do too. I think telling people to stack spirit until they're comfortable with it is dumb, because it means they'll never get better and will always have far more spirit than they actually need. You should be stacking spirit until just below what you're comfortable with. You should be going OOM even after drinking mana potions. That's the only way you'll ever get better at mana management.

I want to aim for Crit as first prio. Why? Because we get mana back when we crit.
    Your logic is sound, but only because you're not looking at the numbers. Yes, crit gives us mana back, but how much? The answer is "very little". Crit also costs a lot of rating to get 1% crit, so you don't get much throughput either. It's one of those things that look appealing - who doesn't want healing and mana? - until you realize that you only get a little healing and a tiny amount of mana, and that you have to give up a lot of healing to get it.

Mastery. No contest. Haste is nice averaged out over a fight, but people don't die from averages. People die during that one cruel phase with a lot of sudden damage. And the only way you'll ever get through that phase with everyone alive is by stacking mastery. As a bonus, mastery also provides the greatest throughput benefit of any stat (except int), so high mastery is going to massively increase your mana efficiency. Why cast two heals when you can cast one with >100% mastery?

I think it's safe to say that 99% of the people here who have made any kind of serious progression this expansion go with mastery > haste > whatever. I don't think you're going to find anyone with mythic or late heroic experience disagreeing with that priority. For lower difficulties you can stack agility and still be fine, so anecdotes from normal don't really mean much.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafal View Post
    Is there ever a point that itemization is more important then int/ilvl?

I keep getting 10 ilvl upgrades that are horribly itemized with versatility/multistrike.
    I think it would depend on what piece you'd be replacing and just how much Int you'd be getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiecutters View Post
    I think it would depend on what piece you'd be replacing and just how much Int you'd be getting.
    You would need to set your best secondary stat weights to quite low values relative to Int for a 10 iLvl increase to outweigh the loss going from your best secondary stats to your worst. This is not the case for weapons however, as spellpower on weapons trumps all but the most ridiculous of secondary stats.