Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Gear on the blizzard store ever?

Do you think we will ever see gear on the blizzard store? I dont have time to play like I used to, but would like to jump into some pvp when I do without being completely under geared to the point that's it's a miserable experience. I only have time to play a couple of days a month, and realistically, I don't have the time or want to waste the limited time I have getting grinding but would rather do something enjoyable. I think purchasable gear could solve this, and would remove a barrier that a lot of past subscribers might have to coming back to the game. It's really not much different than a level boost. My 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Is it that time of the month that we need to debate this? Like..again..and again..and again?

I don't have time..I don't have time..I don't have time....is all I read. If you seriously only have a couple of days a month...well..don't ya think you should save them 15 bucks and play sth else?
    15$ for a couple hours of entertainment really isn't a bad price. I still enjoy playing wow, just don't have the time I used to.

Someone makes the point there about pvp gear
    As for PvE i think the most they would ever do is pay for a set of LFR equivalent item level gear but even then i think its unlikely.(well at least below regular old raiding cause that would have massive backlash IMO)

You can already buy gold from Blizzard and spend that gold to buy Champion's Honor on auction house. It gives 1k conquest and 1k honour. Might be a bit pricy, but it's there...

10+ Year Old Account
    Might as well be.

i love how people on these forums imagine scenarios that will never happen, then get angry and start bashing blizzard for those reasons.
    Be feared, or be fuel

I hope so. I want to see the usual suspects justify it.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemuron View Post
    Do you think we will ever see gear on the blizzard store? I dont have time to play like I used to, but would like to jump into some pvp when I do without being completely under geared to the point that's it's a miserable experience. I only have time to play a couple of days a month, and realistically, I don't have the time or want to waste the limited time I have getting grinding but would rather do something enjoyable. I think purchasable gear could solve this, and would remove a barrier that a lot of past subscribers might have to coming back to the game. It's really not much different than a level boost. My 2 cents
    Pay to win...

Ever? Probably. But not until we're in the final chapters of the game, potentially not even then depending on how much pride they take it in.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Let's completely forget about "fairness" for a moment. The biggest reason from a business perspective you don't do this is that you're cannibalizing your subscription content. No business wants to compete with itself.

The boost arguably falls into this, but the main justification for it is to get new and returning players out of the empty old world zones and into the current continent where all the other people are, and it's meant to be a thing you do once when you buy the expansion. The only reason it's a paid service in addition to this is to discourage people from trying to get extra boosts through things like account mergers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Requirement for pvp gear in pvp is mostly (if not completly) removed with Legion, so thats an non-issue

PvE Gear, dosnt take long to gear up ding 100>Tanaan for 650/675/695gear and LFR>Get into normal get to 700>Get into entry level raiding guild
    If u only play 5hours aweek, then u wont need raid gear, so thats an non-issue aswell
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    Let me explain a thing about time and MMOs.
    MMOs need alot of time, if you don't have that time don't play an MMO.
    Easy enough?

Aside from the whole "make players pay to not play again EVER" thing you got going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemuron View Post
    Equipment on the store not different than a boost? Bullshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

The boosts are brought to you to keep up to the current content, not past it. Equipment would be a huge advantage for the one with a bigger account, or parents mastercard. The store should stick to minimal effect content. There is no P2W on the store, even the boost doesn't feel P2W as leveling is so easy.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

They already sell equipment in the shop just not directly. Pay2Win is already here, you just have to use it.

Just buy the gold token from blizzard, sell it in the AH and buy conquest points for the gold. With that you can buy the best pvp equipment (exluding the ranked one of course).
    Isn't even THAT expensive, tbh.

In Europe tokens sell for ~65k, 1k conquest is ~6k-7k. So you can buy ~10k(65k/6.5k) CP for 20 Euro Which equals four to five parts of the finest conquest gear.
    Full gear would cost around 40 Euro (~$44).

det seriously, bro.

You have a detachment issue. People complain about not having time anymore, because of the investment involved from the beginning. They might actually enjoy the game, but no longer can enjoy that they can't play as much.

So they hold on to something and can only hope or ask others to be sympathetic to their plight. It's an outlet for mourning, in a sense. Like writing down their grievances. They post here in hopes that people will be understanding, but then they forget it's the internet.

You prove it right time and time again. Just don't comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

10+ Year Old Account
    By making these Topics over and over again you only give them ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    They already sell equipment in the shop just not directly. Pay2Win is already here, you just have to use it.

Just buy the gold token from blizzard, sell it in the AH and buy conquest points for the gold. With that you can buy the best pvp equipment (exluding the ranked one of course).
    Isn't even THAT expensive, tbh.

In Europe tokens sell for ~65k, 1k conquest is ~6k-7k. So you can buy ~10k(65k/6.5k) CP for 20 Euro Which equals four to five parts of the finest conquest gear.
    Full gear would cost around 40 Euro (~$44).
    I always rankle when people describe this as P2W.

Both the gold and the Conquest tokens are player-generated. They exist because someone else played the game and got them, and they are finite. The more people try to take advantage of this system, the less effective it becomes as the price of gametime goes down and Champion's Honor disappears from the AH.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have never heard of anyone actually buying gold and then buying the vendor gear with it. I don't know what they'd do with it since you can't raid in that garbage and it serves no purpose whatsoever. You cannot possibly argue that they are P2W. You could maybe, MAYBE, argue that you could somehow buy enough gold (several hundred dollars' worth) to pay for a run of a raid and get the gear from that. I can't imagine you'd be winning anything with that shit and again, I've never heard of anyone actually doing it ever because it's retarded. Maybe you could spend hundreds of dollars buying gold and buy a Spectral Tiger with it and say "hurr durr every gold mount is a store mount now guys" and furrow your brow in rage.

So no, no gear on the store. Vendor gear will almost certainly come from VP next expansion or be behind rep or some other shit. I doubt anything good comes from gold. You can not pay to win. You will almost certainly never be able to pay to win. It just boggles my mind that people still find something bad with a system that effectively lets them play the game for free. The downside is nothing at all. Joe Casual isn't going to just buy all the legendaries and build a netlist and stomp your face hunter with it.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

If there is a buck to be made, of course. Currently they would just lose subscribers in droves though if they pulled shit like that so it wouldn't be worth it. Once the game is nearing the end though you can bet your house they will cash in.