Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Stormwind destruction in legion?

Stormwind will be destroyed in the next expansion legion? Recalling the vision of Killrog in the raid HFC, you see Khadgar fighting to death against the legion on the throne of Stormwind. At the end, he cast a spell and kill all the demons, including him and the heroes around him.

This vision is will be real? Will the humans must find a new capital like Gilneas or Lordaeron? That's why Sylvanas will have much prominence in this expansion?

I would like to know your view.

And sorry for my english

10+ Year Old Account
    The Horde see the vision in Undercity, so that denies the Sylvanas/Lordaeron option/theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    The Horde see the vision in Undercity, so that denies the Sylvanas/Lordaeron option/theory.
    Oh, I dont have an horde player :P... well... Gilneas perhaps

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be interesting, you never know what blizz would do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope not. Stormwind is too significant in term of gameplay but also nostalgia.

Maybe sylvanas is going to try to take Gilneas for the forsaken, and the humans too... there we have a new open pvp

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it will happen but I think it would be great for the game.

I actually thought it would be kinda cool if the two cities didn't get "destroyed" so much - but rather temporarily occupied by the Burning Legion for the majority of the expansion.

Hear me out...

What if part of the world event hears of the legion returning, and an imminent attack is to happen in Stormwind/Undercity. Alarms are called to help people to get out of there (a fun questline) that lets you get citizens and whatnot away from there to the Deeprun Tram/Horde Zepplins. This would also include allowing you to migrate your bankmules to somewhere safe as well - otherwise you'd log in with a VERY nasty surprise!

Then eventually Stormwind/UC get raided by the burning legion - Khadgar does his thing and goes poof - and you get spirited away at the last minute before the bang, but Stormwind/Lordaeron are called out as lost - and the Legion take over those respective cities

If now you visit those cities, they're occupied by big nasty legion NPCs that would malown ya. Structure wise it should remain the same (save for maybe felfires and some other fun legion decor).

Then, as the expansion progresses - and the legion gets pushed back - one of the final battles will involve you reclaiming your own city back!

Of course there's a lot to consider technically that could be a problem. Bankalts, questlines that send you to those respective cities are one thing. Lets also not forget that in Stormwind lies the various cataclysm portals + Pandaria entrance questline... so..... would be a lot of rework sadly. =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I actually thought it would be kinda cool if the two cities didn't get "destroyed" so much - but rather temporarily occupied by the Burning Legion for the majority of the expansion.

Hear me out...

What if part of the world event hears of the legion returning, and an imminent attack is to happen in Stormwind/Undercity. Alarms are called to help people to get out of there (a fun questline) that lets you get citizens and whatnot away from there to the Deeprun Tram/Horde Zepplins. This would also include allowing you to migrate your bankmules to somewhere safe as well - otherwise you'd log in with a VERY nasty surprise!

Then eventually Stormwind/UC get raided by the burning legion - Khadgar does his thing and goes poof - and you get spirited away at the last minute before the bang, but Stormwind/Lordaeron are called out as lost - and the Legion take over those respective cities

If now you visit those cities, they're occupied by big nasty legion NPCs that would malown ya. Structure wise it should remain the same (save for maybe felfires and some other fun legion decor).

Then, as the expansion progresses - and the legion gets pushed back - one of the final battles will involve you reclaiming your own city back!

Of course there's a lot to consider technically that could be a problem. Bankalts, questlines that send you to those respective cities are one thing. Lets also not forget that in Stormwind lies the various cataclysm portals + Pandaria entrance questline... so..... would be a lot of rework sadly. =/
    Give me this.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Hear me out...

That's will be great... for the meanwhile, the portals and everything can go to Ironforge. For the horde, well they lost a city...

In the next patch on legion - maybe 7.3 or 7.4 - we can reclame or own cities, a raid for each faction (same bosses, and difficulties, but in Stormwind and UC each)

Deleted
    It's an Alliance city, so it might very well be happen but don't worry, they'll get Dalaran to make up for it at the end of Legion, just for Dalaran to go neutral at the start of the next Xpac again. Business as usual.

Deleted
    Phasing - make it a phased zone for level 110. Problem solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I can already see the butthurt that the city hasn't even been "repaired" since the last invasion from Deathwing etc - the amount of QQ that the city gets even more destroyed would push so many shit players onto the forums... Blizzard doesn't have the balls or vaginas to handle that much nerdrage.

Deleted
    I reckon the Kilrogg vision was just a vision of what would happen if we didn't stop Archimonde in HFC. I do not believe the devs would destroy the most player-populated major city in the game. That being said we're talking about the Alliance here, and Blizzard doesen't really care about blue team, I mean the aparrently eternal fires are still burning in what remains of the park.

Great idea. I'm a fan. I want to go back to IF anyway....

Destroy it so they have something new to complain about
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

that vision doesnt pertain to next expansion.

either you believe that a) the visions are always correct, in which case we do die there,and wow isnt ending next exp

or b) the visions arent correct, in which case it doesnt matter

the only thing that fks up this is that we die all the time and blizz could do something stupid and hurr durr youre resurrected

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    We don't know that.

either you believe that a) the visions are always correct, in which case we do die there,and wow isnt ending next exp

[or b) the visions arent correct, in which case it doesnt matter

the only thing that fks up this is that we die all the time and blizz could do something stupid and hurr durr youre resurrected
    Well, resurrection is so common in canonical Warcraft lore that there's an NPC that brings his entire village back to life with a few words and acts like their deaths never meant anything. Sylvanas came back at least once. Varian may have been resurrected by Anduin. It's far from unheard of and it makes a good "you wake up somewhere else" plot twist. I mean, it's far less "hurr durr" than "and for some reason an alien gave a dragon the power to control time itself and walked away." We're still arguing over how horrific the consequence of multiple timelines at different "presents" in relation to beings like Murozond. (Who can't be born in MU now but suddenly can in an infinite number of AUs.)
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post

or b) the visions arent correct, in which case it doesnt matter

Has it ever occured to you that we were merely seeing the death vision for Khadgar and not ourselves?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Has it ever occured to you that we were merely seeing the death vision for Khadgar and not ourselves?
    Khadgar' death vision was dying on another planet in Beyond the dark portal.

And yea to op Horde players get the vision in the UC.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol