Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    First, countries like Spain allow for marriages as young as 14, with parental consent. States in the USA go as low as age 12.
    Second, the issue largely lies with respecting the laws of sovereign nations; countries largely recognize marriages that have been legally arranged in other countries, even if they wouldn't have been allowed there, such as marriages between first cousins or the like.

If they're refusing to let these girls seek a divorce under their new legal system, that would absolutely be a heinous act, but respecting an existing marriage isn't the same thing. I don't agree with the practice, but this really isn't that far outside what's already permitted in the USA and the EU.
    Yo think the husbands/community will allow the children brides to get a divorce? Lol
    You're a towel.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Yo think the husbands/community will allow the children brides to get a divorce? Lol
    Of course the husband has no real say, it's part of the divorce process in OUR society at least. In the case the child bride sues him the divorce is settled without discussion with husband or his family or whatelse.

Problem is still how to tell the bride she is free from her husband.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Of course the husband has no real say, it's part of the divorce process in OUR society at least. In the case the child bride sues him the divorce is settled without discussion with husband or his family or whatelse.

Problem is still how to tell the bride she is free from her husband.
    I know that their are divorce laws and stuff in most countries, what I mean by that is, their is no way a child bride is going to "Escape" long enough to get a divorce. Who is going to help them when they are legally married, in the comminities?
    You're a towel.

I guess I'm torn. On one hand, in their country, that's considered completely okay.

On the other, which I'm leaning towards, they're not in their own country anymore, so tough turkeys. I'm pretty sure the rule of thumb is "if something is legal where you live, and you move to where we're at where it's not, it doesn't suddenly become legal."

For example I'm pretty sure back before it was blanketed to the whole nation, if you were a married homosexual couple in one state of the US, another state could still not recognize it if you moved there instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I guess I'm torn. On one hand, in their country, that's considered completely okay.

On the other, which I'm leaning towards, they're not in their own country anymore, so tough turkeys. I'm pretty sure the rule of thumb is "if something is legal where you live, and you move to where we're at where it's not, it doesn't suddenly become legal."

For example I'm pretty sure back before it was blanketed to the whole nation, if you were a married homosexual couple in one state of the US, another state could still not recognize it if you moved there instead.
    In their country, many girls do not have have a choice. Why do you keep thinking traditions are always precious things?

You don't get how everything seems like a given to you.

Deleted
    They're marrying and fucking 11 and 12 year old. They are degenerates and should be deported immediately.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I know that their are divorce laws and stuff in most countries, what I mean by that is, their is no way a child bride is going to "Escape" long enough to get a divorce. Who is going to help them when they are legally married, in the comminities?
    Child abuse is a delict a western civilization should intervene immediately, so in ideal circumstances the husband is in cuffs just for this suspect as soon his bride is here. Wont happen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Understand me:I'm a vet, from America, so my choice would be to use a final solution. But that isn't legal. I want the girl protected. She isn't going to be in her home country. I want her abuser in chains, at the very least. Again, not going to happen in his home country. So, yes, I agree with Endus. If she's here, she(and the Scum) are under the laws of the state. Which means intervention. Which means she survives. What is so hard about this concept?
    Protect the weak. Punish the wicked.
    If you have something bad to say about Blizz, come at me bro.

Deleted
    Learning german is mandatory if they want to stay in Germany...and learn it yesterday pls. What else ? Not likewise in sweden i wonder from your response ?
    Germany isn't EU.

Deleted
    I get the impression from reading a lot of this post that many people think marriage means rape isn't possible.

Surely if someone is married to a 12 year old, them having sexual intercourse would still be rape? So that's a protection girls have here that they do not in their home country.

So then you just need to give routine medical screenings to children in refugee centers or something along those lines to find evidence of rape to separate them. (which ofc cost money nobody wants to pay)

Ideally this prevents sexual intercourse between husband and wife for a time, and that time ideally is enough for the girl to be educated/integrated enough to know she has options for divorce, whilst not being such a big threat to the husbands that they stop coming to your country.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2015-11-01 at 12:21 PM.

Wtf should be easy as hell to seperate them or they can return home to the shit place they come from. All a bounch of pussy politicians.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartumus22 View Post
    Understand me:I'm a vet, from America, so my choice would be to use a final solution. But that isn't legal. I want the girl protected. She isn't going to be in her home country. I want her abuser in chains, at the very least. Again, not going to happen in his home country. So, yes, I agree with Endus. If she's here, she(and the Scum) are under the laws of the state. Which means intervention. Which means she survives. What is so hard about this concept?
    Didn't we establish in earlier threads on this forum that US soldiers imposed sexual slavery on tens of thousands of kids in Afghanistan? Some major hypocrisy here.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Didn't we establish in earlier threads on this forum that US soldiers imposed sexual slavery on tens of thousands of kids in Afghanistan? Some major hypocrisy here.
    You are very much full of unmitigated craps, with a side order of bullshit. That never happened, and I would know genius- I was there
    Protect the weak. Punish the wicked.
    If you have something bad to say about Blizz, come at me bro.

10+ Year Old Account
    This issue doesn't translate well across different environments. The abuse of child brides, such as those common in Yemen, is well documented and should neither be dismissed or downplayed. OK, Bungee, so what the hell is your point? The point is that there is another side, just as dark that sometimes fuels the issue.

In Europe and North America we live largely outside a world where dowry exists, where sprawling families see female children as a burden, and where marriage, religion and shame to a family are intertwined. Here's an example: http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ad-girl-summit

Consider this excerpt:
    The thinktank's researchers in Amhara found it was therefore becoming common for parents to insist on marriage followed by a swift divorce so that their daughter was free to migrate and send her earnings home to her parents, rather than her husband. The fact a girl had already been "deflowered" meant she was seen as less likely to be disgraced by foreign men. "It's a question of virtue and virginity," one local researcher said. "Better to lose it in a dignified way."
    Followed shortly thereafter by this comment from one of the child brides:
    "I was told I'm young and it's better if I know what marriage is before migrating. People in the Middle East might force us to sleep with them. If a girl has been married and goes to Saudi and is raped, it's not as bad as for one who's single. If she's single and bears a child, it's really difficult to come back here. But if she's been married, it's OK."
    It isn't an issue limited to Ethiopia. Child marriages are apparently soaring among Syrian refugees:
    The study identifies several factors responsible for child marriage: alleviating poverty or the burden of a large family with many daughters; providing protection for young girls; continuing traditions, cultural or family; and serving as an escape for girls living in an abusive home environment.
    Source: http://www.theguardian.com/global-de...efugees-jordan

An uncomfortable implication for the original article is that some child brides may be in such a messed up situation that following their husband gives them a legal claim to immigrate to a faintly less messed up situation. This is not an apologia for child marriages, but it points out a complication -- at what point is the harm of leaving a child bride separated from an older husband a complication of equal weight? For those seeking to escape poverty and abusive family relationships, does denying them the ability to join their older but legal spouse help to protect them?
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

I hope these kids flee and not tell from who
    I hope they won't have to return to their homeland

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by namecraft View Post
    I hope these kids flee and not tell from who
    I hope they won't have to return to their homeland
    AFAIK victims of sexual abuse are always entitled to stay, because it's one of several legal claims for asylum. Being from syria is a plus then, but not a real factor.

Deleted
    AFAIK victims of sexual abuse are always entitled to stay, because it's one of several legal claims for asylum.
    Lol, no. Being victim of crime is not grounds to claim asylum. Persecution is.