Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Romanian nightclub catches fire, over 20 dead and 160 wounded.

At a concert of over 400 people, someone thought it would be a good idea to use indoor fireworks. From what I understand the club had no authorisation to function.

I'm normally proud of how rarely we get disasters like this, as I normally think I'm pretty safe here compared to other places, but damn...

http://www.digi24.ro/Stiri/Digi24/Ac...Zeci+de+raniti

There's also a picture of a couple burned bodies but I'm not sure I should post it.

Always sad to hear when people are going out to have fun and something like this happens.

If it was an illegal club they probably had to many customers in the room. Like the room could safely hold 300 people and they packed in 400 to make more money.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of these nightclubs are deathtraps with like tons of people inside and only one or two small exits.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Deleted
    And this is newsworthy, why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Most of these nightclubs are deathtraps with like tons of people inside and only one or two small exits.
    Just one more (very good) reason never to go clubbing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    If it bleeds, it reads
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

10+ Year Old Account
    You would think with dozens of fires and thousands of deaths all over the world for the exact same reason, they would just stop setting off fireworks inside of shitty old buildings filled with alcohol and flammable acoustic foam panels...

I don't think anyone is going to fucking watch your fireworks...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    Here got watch some painting from a 80's PBS show for some reason has 40,000 people watching it

http://www.twitch.tv/bobross
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

15+ Year Old Account
    It wasnt an illegal club, 27 dead, 160 injured.
    Many with up to 70% burns so probably more deaths.
    That many young peole dead would be a disaster in any country.

What a mess.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

15+ Year Old Account
    All those club singers singing about setting the roof/ dance floor on fire...

...dont do it, its stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    Here got watch some painting from a 80's PBS show for some reason has 40,000 people watching it

Thats amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted

Because Bob Ross was absolutely delightful.

Deleted
    its in romania in this country its a miracle they only died 20 trust me

10+ Year Old Account

I couldn't stop watching his shows when I was younger. Shame he died young, he inspired a lot of people.

Reminds me of that disco fire in sweden in 1998 where over 60 kids died..

Quote Originally Posted by omega8 View Post
    its in romania in this country its a miracle they only died 20 trust me
    What are you talking about? Romania isn't some South American drug state. Our crime rates are low.

Sad that it happens often enough and is uniquely lethal enough that it has it's own term. i.e. "Nightclub Fire."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    What are you talking about? Romania isn't some South American drug state. Our crime rates are low.
    I think he meant safety as in authorities and he fire departments having proper regulation and inspections.
    An exit was blocked and people died while it was being torn down both by fire and trampling.

Edit: I dont agree/disagree with him I got no idea but I recon that's what he meant.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2015-10-31 at 12:18 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

15+ Year Old Account

Hey, Bob Ross was a treasure!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Hey, Bob Ross was a treasure!
    Lol i know it wasn't a dug at him it was for the guy and his sarcastic post its a here chill out and watch this link