Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Welfare, welfare recipients, and learning camps.

Should people on welfare be sent to camps to learn how to assimilate into a modern society?. Should a re education camp be part of any welfare structure?. I think yes because there is no point in not addressing the main problem of poverty, the culture. Wake them up early for exercise, breakfast, and then work. After that they enter the full time college portion of their day, then its 2 hours to do what they want then off to sleep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Should people on welfare be sent to camps to learn how to assimilate into a modern society?. Should a re education camp be part of any welfare structure?. I think yes because there is no point in not addressing the main problem of poverty, the culture. Wake them up early for exercise, breakfast, and then work. After that they enter the full time college portion of their day, then its 2 hours to do what they want then off to sleep.
    come again?

lol like a carp for a worm...

When they sleep, will they dream?

learn how to assimilate into a modern society?
    What the fuck?

Deleted
    please, bait harder next time. No credit for effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Nim View Post
    lol like a carp for a worm...

When they sleep, will they dream?
    They are free to dream and it will be encouraged with signs. You have to understand these people need major help. We need to give them a sense of pride and accomplishment, teach them to understand what it feels like to work for something also.

Deleted
    I think I understand what you are trying to say here.

Many welfare recipients are second or third generation don't know any better. It actually would be an idea to "re-program" them so they, and their children, can get out of that situation.

Getting them out of the mindset could do wonders.

Yeah I don't mind helping out the less fortunate, but they need to change their ways for it to have any effect. That is non negotiable, you want food, you want a roof over your head?, then you need to follow strict rules until you can support yourself and your family.

We already do this, without the whole being in prison and being treated as a sub-human part though. Seriously, you don't make people want to integrate with society by treating them like shit.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I don't mind helping out the less fortunate, but they need to change their ways for it to have any effect. That is non negotiable, you want food, you want a roof over your head?, then you need to follow strict rules until you can support yourself and your family.
    If only the world really worked that way.

Deleted
    So you mean like slave camps, or more like the US prisons where inmates are forced to work but which are totally not slave camps.

Deleted
    but whos gonna pay for all that college!

10+ Year Old Account
    A tip to any would-be trolls out there... don't be so obvious.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I think I understand what you are trying to say here.

Many welfare recipients are second or third generation don't know any better. It actually would be an idea to "re-program" them so they, and their children, can get out of that situation.

Getting them out of the mindset could do wonders.
    Yes, lets make camps where people can learn how to better concentrate... /facepalm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    Yes, lets make camps where people can learn how to better concentrate... /facepalm
    Aww you gave away the punchline!

Deleted
    Lol, right, lets teach them how to have more luck in life.

Sounds poorly thought out.

It seems like you are suggesting some sort of comprehensive education program in order to put people on welfare back into the work force. I don't see the point of actually running 'camps' since it would cost ridiculous amounts of money and be a bureaucratic nightmare.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Yes, we'll call them focus camps. Or some synonym of that. The problem isn't just that these people don't know how to get out of the hole, it's that some of them are in so deep that there are too few opportunities for them to get out in a short amount of time.

You didn't include anything about 'teaching them to concentrate'. I am disappointed in you Hooked.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.