Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    You didn't include anything about 'teaching them to concentrate'. I am disappointed in you Hooked.
    Lets get them to crawl first before teaching them to run ok?.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    the culture.
    /sigh....

Yes there are those who do have this "culture" of sitting on their ass and milking the system. But they are in the minority. And even if you did try to "reeducate" them, this "culture" was already established into their personality from an early age and won't be fixed by any amount of forced work.

The vast majority of people on welfare are on welfare for a reason. Quite a lot of those individuals cannot work due to mental health issues and/or physical disabilities. A tiny minority of those on welfare abuse the system but even then the amount of money wasted on them is very tiny compared to the amount of money wasted or lost through tax evasion or questionable government expenses.

Forcing those who are on welfare to go to 'learning camps' is a very silly idea. There is always going to be a large number of people who aren't in employment - and that number is only going to increase as the population swells and technology advances further; thus eliminating even more job opportunities in the process.

Conservatives. One side of their mouth screaming the liberals are going to put them in camps, the other saying we need to put some other group in camps.

I've started to realize the reason that conservatives make these seemingly hyperbolic claims about what their enemies are going to do is because that's what they'd really do if they thought they'd get away with it.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Deleted
    Pretty sure most welfare recipients are the elderly. Dignitas those mooches!

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Conservatives. One side of their mouth screaming the liberals are going to put them in camps, the other saying we need to put some other group in camps.

I've started to realize the reason that conservatives make these seemingly hyperbolic claims about what their enemies are going to do is because that's what they'd really do if they thought they'd get away with it.
    Extremes exist on both sides of the political spectrum. Both are - in many ways - just as bad as each other. I find both the 'Right' and the 'Left' unfit for purpose, since the policies are either unsustainable or cause direct harm to many people. What we need, ideally, is a complete revamp of the system - but that isn't going to happen. I'd be very surprised if it did.

Sounds like a great idea, but dindus would just burn down their neighborhoods because "muh gibs" being taken away.

I claim welfare, job support welfare, and let me tell you, they do offer training programs, interview refresher courses, funds for clothing and travel. at the moment i'm doing voluntary charity work, which isn't voluntary.

my job centre has had me do a few interview group session things over the years, I was even given 6 months of employment by my local council in 2010, they put me on a course to do ECDL+ which they paid for, i also finished my key skills and gained some city and guilds in office programs. so its not like they don't help ppl. i know they also do things like site saftey programs, ccsng. etc etc. the last course i did was food hygiene it was completed in a day, it was like being back in school, spent the day learning about kitchen hygiene cross contamination and cooking/serving temperatures, followed by a multiple choice test.

I don't think being put in some sort of labour camp will improve my ethic at all. the lack of employment on my part is more down to the ability for the employer to be as picky as they want. in my experience practically every single employer in my area can kick back and wait a whole month or more for the right candidate to apply. hell i've applied for jobs in local supermarkets, had an email saying 'sorry' and then a week later 2-3 more jobs in that same store show up on the search again!

if ppl don't want to employ me, no amount of forced work is going to help me become employed. in fact i would probably out right rebel, its not like i feel what i'm currently being blackmailed to do is 100% legal.

to me these types of radical thinking threads come across as extremely self righteous and patronizing.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2015-10-31 at 01:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    And if that works, we should also put the disabled in those camps!

Wait, what?

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I think I understand what you are trying to say here.

Many welfare recipients are second or third generation don't know any better. It actually would be an idea to "re-program" them so they, and their children, can get out of that situation.

Getting them out of the mindset could do wonders.
    Habits are hard to break.

Than I can imagine the "don't tell me how to raise my kids" from the shitty parent crowd. It'd be glorious.

Just let the cycle continue.

15+ Year Old Account
    Camps hehe, after indian camps and of citizens with Japanese ancestry in camps one would think the lesson got learnt.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I can't see how putting a pointless hoop to jump through to get money is going to help much of anyone. Seems like this is mostly an idea driven by malice towards the poor.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    So you mean like slave camps, or more like the US prisons where inmates are forced to work but which are totally not slave camps.
    Considering America has ZERO AND NO HISTORY WITH SLAVERY!!!!!.... NONE AT ALL!!!!!.... WE HAVE NEVER USED SLAVERY EVER!!!!!!!!!!..... *stares blankly*

Deleted
    Able bodied people in receipt of welfare should be put to work.

Either communal service (eg cleaning streets) or in educational facilities that teaches them to integrate into society.

It is not acceptable under any normal circumstance for able bodied welfare recipients to idle and laze around their house all day doing nothing while other people are paying for their lazy lifestyle.

If they don't comply, they should be made homeless so deserving people can move in.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Should people on welfare be sent to camps to learn how to assimilate into a modern society?. Should a re education camp be part of any welfare structure?. I think yes because there is no point in not addressing the main problem of poverty, the culture. Wake them up early for exercise, breakfast, and then work. After that they enter the full time college portion of their day, then its 2 hours to do what they want then off to sleep.
    Another gem of a policy proposal from the conservative side. The fact that you think welfare is a national issue that needs addressing shows how disconected from reality conservatives are to the real issues of the US and the world. We get it, you don't like blacks buying cigarettes with your hard earned stolen tax dollars from the liberal bureaucrats.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmomaths View Post

Either communal service (eg cleaning streets) or in educational facilities that teaches them to integrate into society.

It is not acceptable under any normal circumstance for able bodied welfare recipients to idle and laze around their house all day doing nothing while other people are paying for their lazy lifestyle.

If they don't comply, they should be made homeless so deserving people can move in.
    most welfare recipients have jobs.

Hooked, line, suckers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmomaths View Post

People on welfare don't just 'laze around and do nothing' all day. They have lives and even hobbies. A very tiny portion of people abuse the system whilst the vast majority are actively aided by it because they require the extra support. Forcing them to work is silly - especially since quite a lot of people receiving welfare are unable to work for whatever reason (be it their age, their mental well-being or due to physical limitations).

On top of that...there aren't enough jobs to go around. There will always be a significant number of people who are unemployed. It'll get even larger as the population continues to grow as well as when technology continues to advance to the point where more and more 'human' jobs become automated.

10+ Year Old Account
    and here comes the "send poor people to camps brigade." this is gonna be good.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    LOL dear OP, you want to put the poor in concentration camps. I think there's terms for the sort of person who would do that.
    Pretty sure it's also a massive crime. In fact I think it's usually associated with the term 'war crime', and I'm pretty sure if you were uttering this idea irl around some folks they'd possibly beat you to death. Particularly people with these numbers tattooed on their forearms...
    There was also this french lady a long while back who loved your idea. I think she said something like "let them eat cake" but by cake, she meant 'starve'.
    So, are you trolling, or really just a giant asshole the world could do without?
    Let's send you to tolerance camp.

But sure, lets play along for the sake of showing you how fucking dumb your idea is...
    Who is going to pay for this camp? Who's going to pay the wages of the people who run and operate it? How are you going to round those poor people up? How much is that going to cost? How will it differ from a prison camp? In what way is this going to help people "assimilate into a modern society" by jailing them in concentration camps?
    Mostly, what i want to know is: if you are the leader of this 'program', can I come watch when the people who's lives you've terrorized finally overthrow you and rip you limb from limb like the barbaric nazi shitfuck your 're-education camp' makes you out to be? Or would you go on the run and get hunted down like many of the nazis? I could enjoy watching you make a run for it while they hunt you like an animal...
    Or maybe you could think before you type
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.