destro lock staff or weapon/offhand?

which is better for pvp?

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    A bazooka...

You play Destro PvP?

Deleted
    Use the staff.

Energy for demo/destro and battle for affliction.

Staff is a little better, sadly.

Yes, I'm sad because I hate staves. Every caster uses a fucking staff, plus most healers. I think this is really sad, as I want to use a sword and offhand, not some lameass staff. It's like all melee specs except UH DKs would use daggers.

Also for the "immersion" and RP part of the game - if some warrior is toe-to-toe with me and unabling me to cast - surely, it would be better to try to stab him (in the eye!) with a sword rather than a staff? He'll just take the staff out of my hands (weakling in robes after all) and break it. Ok, rant over

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    Also for the "immersion" and RP part of the game - if some warrior is toe-to-toe with me and unabling me to cast - surely, it would be better to try to stab him (in the eye!) with a sword rather than a staff? He'll just take the staff out of my hands (weakling in robes after all) and break it. Ok, rant over
    Game and especially pvp shouldent be balanced around RP

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure you got your answer already. I'll give you a short guide to decide on your own next time, though.

Answer the following questions and find the solution yourself.

1. What Class/Spec am i playing?
    2. What are the optimal ratings for the answer to question 1?
    3. Take a piece of paper (or use notepad, whatever) and write down the ratings of each staff and for each set of 1h/oh.
    4. Compare and see which choice gives more of the optimal ratings.
    5. If you find out the ratings are kinda balanced (for example one set has more crit and the other more mastery), enter your char into askmrrobot.com with a pve evaluation (they rarely have pvp ones) and see which set comes on top. Or... do 5 from start, anyway.

I went with Dagger/Offhand for Destruction. I have Staff for Afflicction tho. Fuck it, i know it has little bit better stats than onehand/offhand but i don't care, dagger/offhand is so much cooler looking on my oldschool WL.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    I'm sure you got your answer already. I'll give you a short guide to decide on your own next time, though.

Answer the following questions and find the solution yourself.

1. What Class/Spec am i playing?
    2. What are the optimal ratings for the answer to question 1?
    3. Take a piece of paper (or use notepad, whatever) and write down the ratings of each staff and for each set of 1h/oh.
    4. Compare and see which choice gives more of the optimal ratings.
    5. If you find out the ratings are kinda balanced (for example one set has more crit and the other more mastery), enter your char into askmrrobot.com with a pve evaluation (they rarely have pvp ones) and see which set comes on top. Or... do 5 from start, anyway.

Or in the case of pvp one can just go to armory and check the top rated players and see what they are buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Woolock View Post
    Game and especially pvp shouldent be balanced around RP
    Did you read the rest of my post? If not, I'll make it clearer (hopefully):

I want to have the justified option to use 1hand/off-hand. Right now, every caster and most healers (except shamans and holy paladins) are using staves. This isn't right. Staves are a tad ahead

Staves and 1hand/offhand can co-exist peacefully for all I care, with the same stats, but right now, that's not the case.

It's not about balance, it's about choice!

The fact that I as a blacksmith can create a spell casting axe for two (!) specs but not a fucking intellect sword for six specs (all mages/warlocks) is rather saddening

If the artifact weapon is a fucking staff, I will be very sad. A little less sad if it can be transmogged to a sword.

"But why do you want a sword, wtf"
    1. I can use a sword as a warlock, can't I?
    2. Swords look amazing in this game
    3. It's better than a stupid dagger (poor spriests can't use swords )
    4. 90 % of staves look incredibly dumb, boring or uninspirational, whereas swords are completely opposite.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nodq View Post
    I went with Dagger/Offhand for Destruction. I have Staff for Afflicction tho. Fuck it, i know it has little bit better stats than onehand/offhand but i don't care, dagger/offhand is so much cooler looking on my oldschool WL.
    A daring choice! Wish I had done the same

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    Did you read the rest of my post? If not, I'll make it clearer (hopefully):

I want to have the justified option to use 1hand/off-hand. Right now, every caster and most healers (except shamans and holy paladins) are using staves. This isn't right. Staves are a tad ahead

Staves and 1hand/offhand can co-exist peacefully for all I care, with the same stats, but right now, that's not the case.

It's not about balance, it's about choice!

The fact that I as a blacksmith can create a spell casting axe for two (!) specs but not a fucking intellect sword for six specs (all mages/warlocks) is rather saddening

If the artifact weapon is a fucking staff, I will be very sad. A little less sad if it can be transmogged to a sword.

"But why do you want a sword, wtf"
    1. I can use a sword as a warlock, can't I?
    2. Swords look amazing in this game
    3. It's better than a stupid dagger (poor spriests can't use swords )
    4. 90 % of staves look incredibly dumb, boring or uninspirational, whereas swords are completely opposite.
    I did read your whole post, and saying 90% of staffs look incredibly dumb, boring or uninspirational and swords being the opposite is a matter of opinion. I disagree and prefer staffs

I did read your whole post. Including this!

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woolock View Post
    Or in the case of pvp one can just go to armory and check the top rated players and see what they are buying.
    Who the frag are the top pvp players and how would i know them if i can't choose my own frigging weapons?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Who the frag are the top pvp players and how would i know them if i can't choose my own frigging weapons?
    Go to Armory - Community - 3v3 - Filter by talent spec and click warlock.