Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will Blizzard Announce a New Game at Blizzcon?

Do you think they might actually announce something completely new, like they did with Overwatch last year? Maybe something small?

I feel like I remember hearing after the success of Hearthstone, they were making more small teams to make games. What do you think?

A completely new IP such as Overwatch? Highly unlikely.

Remakes of the old Warcraft games are possible, given that 1. the SC team is interested in doing more Warcraft after LotV was finished, and 2. Blizzard has said they are working on other projects as well.

If we get another game, more likely than not it will be a smaller scale project such as HotS or Hearthstone, not a full on triple-A title such as D3.

wc3 remastered hopefully.
    If they announce ANOTHER game I'd be starting to lose interest in all this.
    They have way too many games as is. Its simply not possible to play them all.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Wc3 rework, quite possible.
    Anything else, no.

10+ Year Old Account
    2015 blizzcon will be just the games we have.
    2016 blizzcon will add WC1,2,3 remake
    2017 blizzcon will be a new small game
    2020 blizzcon will announce warcraft 4
    2022 blizzcon will announce Diablo 4

Deleted
    I think they have enough on their plate this year

The HD remasters of the Warcraft games, or some other equivalent is about it. There'll be info on the next WoW expansion. If we're lucky, maybe info about a further Diablo 3, or Hearthstone expansion at best.

They won't be putting any brand new games out, however. The film, WoW's next expansion, SC2: Legacy of the Void, Heroes of the Storm and Overwatch will be the key focuses and they can cover an entire Blizzcon event on their own. It's going to be the most expansive event they've had for a long time. I'll be watching it for certain, even though WoW isn't really a concern for me any more.

7+ Year Old Account
    New expansion of D3 is possible maybe ..something tottaly new ? Doubt it- i'd be really surpised .

I think there's a slight chance at a Diablo 3 Expansion drop, I'll actually be disappointed if it doesn't happen.

Other than that I don't think so.

Actually, thinking about it, I want them to announce out of no-where a partnership with Platinum Games (Bayonetta guys), to release a new Blackthorne game.

Deleted
    Another small game maybe. I definitely suspect they'll be considering doing more hearthstone scale stuff considering how successful it was for such a small investment.

Wouldn't be surprised at a Warcraft remaster or remake to coincide with the movie though especially as WoW is unlikely to dominate that IP for another decade.

Warcraft 1 and 2 remake please.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm expecting...

• Compete.net - Automated competitions, new social network / guilds between games
    • WarCraft Movie Trailer
    • Lots of Overwatch info (Biz model, progression, competitive systems, etc.)
    • New Hearthstone Expansion for December
    • Lots of Legion info

Diablo 3 expansion seems off the table as there is no Diablo 3 play area. Also worth noting that their last patch had a huge art push. The new area essentially has its own artistic theme. If they were pushing for an expansion, they would have saved those assets.

I think a lot of the D3 features are going to be aimed at the Asian markets now, where they've been experiencing some outstanding success.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    I think there's a slight chance at a Diablo 3 Expansion drop, I'll actually be disappointed if it doesn't happen.

Other than that I don't think so.
    They sadly only one have diablo panel, so most people think no d3 xpac, and theres not much space for surprise panels like overwatch last year...But we'll have to see. I was hoping for an xpac announcement though.

Deleted
    I seriously doubt it :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    They sadly only one have diablo panel, so most people think no d3 xpac, and theres not much space for surprise panels like overwatch last year...But we'll have to see. I was hoping for an xpac announcement though.
    Well we can still hope: http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company...tml?id=15000KB

I would honestly be surprised if they didn't announce a diablo 3 expansion. Season 4 is done at the end of the month or sometime in december? Four year mark will be what april/may 2016...no way they don't announce something big for D3.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    I would honestly be surprised if they didn't announce a diablo 3 expansion. Season 4 is done at the end of the month or sometime in december? Four year mark will be what april/may 2016...no way they don't announce something big for D3.
    They only have one panel for Diablo. And there are no blank spots on the Schedule. So highly unlikely anything big.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtin View Post
    New expansion of D3 is possible maybe ..something tottaly new ? Doubt it- i'd be really surpised .
    judging by the blizzcon schedule, this is not likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxalia View Post
    They only have one panel for Diablo. And there are no blank spots on the Schedule. So highly unlikely anything big.
    The only time after to announce a D3 expansion is at pax east....D3 can't go more than two years since the last expansion to the next one. It's already getting stale as all hell. Would be crazy not to announce something in the next couple months if not at blizzcon. I really doubt they would announce an expansion at pax east....although they did announce hearthstone at pax east.