Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Hunter Fix for Dungeons/Raid

Im not sure if this has been posted in here before, made a thread on official forums and thought i'd ask here also what people thought.
    As i am getting sick of hunters pets etc taunting, why not force every pet when it enters the instance, the taunt is being set to off.

I'd be okay with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm almost positive this has been asked for since as far back as I can remember, it makes way more sense to do it like that.

I'm pretty sure hunters soloing having to enable growl is less inconvenient than millions of hunters taunting adds in dungeons....

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as I can turn it back on (for soloing or if the tank dies and I pet tank for a few until the tanks razzed and... yes, I've done that) fine.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know.. if they just add a simple item to their pet attack macro. It solves alot.

/petautocastoff [group] Growl
    /petautocaston [nogroup] Growl

Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    You know.. if they just add a simple item to their pet attack macro. It solves alot.

/petautocastoff [group] Growl
    /petautocaston [nogroup] Growl
    That would imply the average hunter cares about that, but they don't.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Then kick them til they figure it out. Easy enough solution.

10+ Year Old Account
    That might be a QoL improvement but at the same time, there might be weird instances where a hunter might want his pet to taunt to for some reason. I can't think of one but it could happen.

I rank pet taunting right up there with how Barrage always seems to pull more than the hunter intended. It's like the cone has no range some times (or can shoot through walls). Granted, that's nothing compared to a Moonkin's Starfall in the Everbloom.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just let the pets die. After a while they figure it out and if you're 2nd on threat it won't matter in most situations. There's many situations where you could MD to your pet if the tank/healer dies. Removing taunt would break this as well as any hunter attempting to solo the content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    That might be a QoL improvement but at the same time, there might be weird instances where a hunter might want his pet to taunt to for some reason. I can't think of one but it could happen.

I rank pet taunting right up there with how Barrage always seems to pull more than the hunter intended. It's like the cone has no range some times (or can shoot through walls). Granted, that's nothing compared to a Moonkin's Starfall in the Everbloom.
    In 5 mans you must use barrage on cooldown. That's the unwritten rule of a hunter. In fact barrage should light up (like it's a free cooldown) whenever 5+ mobs are in range.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222