Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    less then 40% of eligible voters voted in the last election, GOP thrive on low voter turn out (hence all there voter rights attacks masked as anti voter fraud rhetoric)
    So your peeps don't go vote and you blame the gop?.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    No, they blame the GOP for passing laws that specifically target a demographic of voters that votes against them and makes it harder for them to vote while making up half assed excuses trying to chase boogiemen that statistically doesn't exist to any meaningful level.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Is this one of those Euro threads trying to figure out US politics? If so stop because noone can explain it but here you go

1. People who vote Democrats are normally minorities or young. These people do not show up to the elections you just linked

2. Old white people and religious values voters know how to show up

3. Essentially 100% of the US congress is voted in by less then 20% of the US population.

Republicans are not really seen as really fucking anything up as long as we have Obama to veto their crazy bills so people just kind of sit back and wonder how it really affects them.

The US house can pass every far right fucking nut case bill they want but none of it is becoming law because both the senate and house do not have the votes to override a veto.

the GOP have gone out of their way to make things harder and harder at every opportunity to make it harder for certain demographics to vote (the ones who don't vote gop traditionally), so yes I blame the GOP for that. That being said democrats tend not to vote in none president elections in general which compounds the problem.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    the GOP have gone out of their way to make things harder and harder at every opportunity to make it harder for certain demographics to vote (the ones who don't vote gop traditionally), so yes I blame the GOP for that. That being said democrats tend not to vote in none president elections in general which compounds the problem.
    So making it where it requires a valid ID to vote is a hindrance? It is very easy to get an ID in almost every state so there is no excuse for people to NOT be able to get one and vote. They have to have an ID to get their welfare checks and foodstamps...and can use that same ID for voting.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    So making it where it requires a valid ID to vote is a hindrance? It is very easy to get an ID in almost every state so there is no excuse for people to NOT be able to get one and vote. They have to have an ID to get their welfare checks and foodstamps...and can use that same ID for voting.
    Not when you have states like Alabama that are closing almost ALL of their DMV locations in predominantly black locations. Places where they have to either ride a bus or drive a couple hours to get one. Also, they don't require IDs for welfare or food stamps, they give you cards like prepaid debit cards now.

10+ Year Old Account
    The GOP is making it harder to gets IDs. Like Alabama closing down all the DMVs in the majority black counties. The ones that vote democrat.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...e-poor/254572/

They want to have Voter ID laws, fine.

Just as soon as the Identification cards are free and the offices are easily accessible regardless of what area you live in or your disabilities.

Good example of the issue:

Texas has no driver's license offices in almost a third of the state's counties. Meanwhile, close to 15 percent of Hispanic Texans living in counties without driver's license offices don't have ID. A little less than a quarter of driver's license offices have extended hours, which would make it tough for many working voters to find a place and time to acquire the IDs. Despite this, the Texas legislature struck an amendment that would have reimbursed low-income voters for travel expenses when going to apply for a voter ID, and killed another that would have required offices to remain open until 7:00 p.m. or later on just one weekday, and four or more hours at least two weekends.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's absolutely mind boggling how voting without an ID is possible in the US. Sometimes it really makes one think how the richest and scientifically most advanced nation in the world resembles a third world shit hole in many aspects.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Here's a hint. It's not always because one guy is rich and your poor.
    Not 100% of the time.

Just 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999%

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    It's absolutely mind boggling how voting without an ID is possible in the US. Sometimes it really makes one think how the richest and scientifically most advanced nation in the world resembles a third world shit hole in many aspects.
    Because you have Republicans making an issue out of nothing? Not to mention they are making these laws, and closing licensing stations in the same states as they issue these laws. Texas and Alabama being big examples. Just look at Fugus's example.

Well, voter fraud at the polls is almost none, wouldn't even show up as a blip on the radar when it comes to voter fraud. Our issues come with possible voter fraud at the voting machines and the tabulation machines.

The ID Laws that are passed are generally meant to work in tandem with how hard it is to get an ID in many of the poorer and/or minority areas (which typically vote Democrat).

The Republicans have no issues with requiring the voter ID to vote, they just back peddle when it comes time to pass the laws along with it to make it where the poor and minorities get easier access to it.

It is used as voter disenfranchisement while disguised a protecting against voter fraud that really doesn't exist to any significant level.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Because you have Republicans making an issue out of nothing? Not to mention they are making these laws, and closing licensing stations in the same states as they issue these laws. Texas and Alabama being big examples. Just look at Fugus's example.
    It is worse than that, they selectively close places that issue them, specifically areas with lots of opposition voters.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Well, voter fraud at the polls is almost none, wouldn't even show up as a blip on the radar when it comes to voter fraud. Our issues come with possible voter fraud at the voting machines and the tabulation machines.

The ID Laws that are passed are generally meant to work in tandem with how hard it is to get an ID in many of the poorer and/or minority areas (which typically vote Democrat).

The Republicans have no issues with requiring the voter ID to vote, they just back peddle when it comes time to pass the laws along with it to make it where the poor and minorities get easier access to it.

It is used as voter disenfranchisement while disguised a protecting against voter fraud that really doesn't exist to any significant level.
    If I was visiting USA as a tourist during election time, I would go vote there.....multiple times. Just because I can. If I was a citizen I would cast at least 10 votes each election.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Why are House sits in the states decided by districts and not by a party-list proportional method to remove any concerns about gerrymandering is beyond me.
    That is how it was originally created, now that better way have been discovered, it is hard to get those in power to adopt them otherwise they risk losing some of their control.

Have to remember, if they did what is best, our entire system would have been overhauled at this point so that more than 2 parties could reasonably run and money would be removed from government politics. But what is best for the nation and it's people many times isn't what is favorable to those who get to make that decision.

- - - Updated - - -

If I was visiting USA as a tourist during election time, I would go vote there.....multiple times. Just because I can. If I was a citizen I would cast at least 10 votes each election.
    You couldn't unless you could identify yourself as someone who actually is registered to vote in that area. So you would be caught with relative ease.

You don't need an actual ID, but you still have to be registered in that area or else you can't anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    In Greece, GREECE of all corrupt and disunctional bureocracies ffs, nearly everyone has an ID well before becoming an adult. I have never been able to fathom why people in the states do not have a single universal identification.
    That should tell you just how bad off the US government is currently.

As for why it is like that, all I can say is follow the power and the money. Giving those out so easily makes it easier for them to try to get representation in government.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    You couldn't unless you could identify yourself as someone who actually is registered to vote in that area. So you would be caught with relative ease.

You don't need an actual ID, but you still have to be registered in that area or else you can't anyways.
    Check phone book, pick a name from that area.

Its called jerrymandering and low voter turnout in non presidential elections.

Check phone book, pick a name from that area.
    Phone book does not have all the information you need. I believe your Social Security number is required as well and if you have that, you already have all you need to STEAL their identity and get an ID card in their name anyways.

Edit: Also, you have to register to vote before you can, so if you picked someone who hadn't registered, then you can't vote anyways. And when it comes to primaries, if you registered as one party, you can't vote in the other primary.

At least I know it, this will be the first time I have voted. Honestly the first time I have seen someone running worth voting for who is actually getting known enough to stand a snowballs chance in hell.

Going for Bernie Sanders. Hillary is honestly not electable in my opinon and currently is only running on "I'm a woman" & "I'm not a republican" while trying to fend Bernie off as much as possible. Also, I prefer someone with a track record of backing up what they are saying.
    Last edited by Fugus; 2015-11-02 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wells View Post
    why are you trying to determine party popularity from secondary polls and elections? you know they do direct polls on this topic right?

/end thread yo

The US seems to flipflop between parties every couple of terms or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.