Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    That's the case I have! I also have that same cooler, but will be swapping it would with the Dark Rock 3 from Be Quiet!

I really, really, like that s340.
    I looked at that one, but the price to performance of the hyper 212 evo is just too good, plus if I wanted to I could paint the top fin any color O want to match any kind of scheme.

Pics cuz why not
    @Aridnz[/CENTER]

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridn View Post
    I looked at that one, but the price to performance of the hyper 212 evo is just too good, plus if I wanted to I could paint the top fin any color O want to match any kind of scheme.

Pics cuz why not
    Yeah, the price is right on the 212 evo - but it's ulgy.

Chrome at work hates your link, I'll try it at home later today.

Cheers.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

The gigabyte mobo is good, although I wouldn't get too excited about the "professional sound audio suite" it's just some unimpressive creative audio program with a terrible interface. I just use the Realtek drivers.

As far as your aio cooler, what kind of overclocks are you looking to push for that a very marginal 1 degree Celsius is worth $50?

And last, you never mentioned ram. Are you "upgrading" from an x99 chipset and already have DDR4 ram handy?
    No I don't have ram handy I was going to buy new ram as well. As far as 1 degree it's a matter of looks, like I said if I cared about temps I would just get the DH15 air cooler. I have the DH14 currently and it's so ugly...Money is not a concern.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    No I don't have ram handy I was going to buy new ram as well. As far as 1 degree it's a matter of looks, like I said if I cared about temps I would just get the DH15 air cooler. I have the DH14 currently and it's so ugly...Money is not a concern.
    Then I think what you have picked is fine.
    @Aridnz[/CENTER]

Then I think what you have picked is fine.
    What ram would you recommend I was going to go with G-skill since it's what I currently have and it's worked thus far.

7+ Year Old Account
    What ram would you recommend I was going to go with G-skill since it's what I currently have and it's worked thus far.
    I'm very please with my G-skill ram, and they have a lifetime warranty.

You'd get the DDR-4 obviously with the z170 board.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, doesn't look like they offer a sniper line in the DDR-4.

Looks like G.SKILL TridentZ is the way to go from G.Skill (since money is no issue).
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

I'm very please with my G-skill ram, and they have a lifetime warranty.

You'd get the DDR-4 obviously with the z170 board.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, doesn't look like they offer a sniper line in the DDR-4.

Looks like G.SKILL TridentZ is the way to go from G.Skill (since money is no issue).
    Yeah trident is the one I was looking at, 16g I guess currently have 8.
    What is the difference between the one you linked and this one besides one is 3200 and one is 3400?
    http://www.neweggbusiness.com/produc...=9b-20-231-929
    Last edited by lockedout; 2015-11-06 at 04:24 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah trident is the one I was looking at, 16g I guess currently have 8.
    What is the difference between the one you linked and this one besides one is 3200 and one is 3400?
    http://www.neweggbusiness.com/produc...=9b-20-231-929
    Gains that are likely unnoticeable, and a higher price tag.

Gains that are likely unnoticeable, and a higher price tag.
    lol so almost double the price to go from 3200 to 3400? That's the only difference?

7+ Year Old Account
    lol so almost double the price to go from 3200 to 3400? That's the only difference?
    There are small performance gains - I doubt they are very noticeable, but they are measurable. When I recommend ram to people in builds, I'd never recommend this ram. Not because it's bad, but that money can be spent elsewhere. It's the RAM I would get if money were not an issue (and I had a compatible mobo). You said money wasn't an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't done much research on ddr4 clock speeds, but I know that on ddr3 going from say, 1600mhz to 2400mhz provided no noticible gains in gaming. I can't imagine ddr4 is much different. Just make sure you get the lowest cas latency
    @Aridnz[/CENTER]

I haven't done much research on ddr4 clock speeds, but I know that on ddr3 going from say, 1600mhz to 2400mhz provided no noticible gains in gaming. I can't imagine ddr4 is much different. Just make sure you get the lowest cas latency
    It's just for overclocking right? 1600mhz and 2400 mhz is a noticeable difference, 3200 and 3400 though?

- - - Updated - - -

There are small performance gains - I doubt they are very noticeable, but they are measurable. When I recommend ram to people in builds, I'd never recommend this ram. Not because it's bad, but that money can be spent elsewhere. It's the RAM I would get if money were not an issue (and I had a compatible mobo). You said money wasn't an issue.
    It's not but double the price for no reason is just silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Skylake in particular benefits a bit from increased memory clock speed, about 8-10% from a 2133 CL15 to a 2666-2800CL15 in games. Diminishing returns still applies though.
    Haswell however does not gain anything like you said.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2015-11-06 at 08:10 AM.