Doomfire on M Archi as a Disc Priest

My guild wants me to be the one to pick up Doomfire on Archimonde. I do nt think I should be doing it as disc priests are one of the least mobile classes and I cannot reach others to heal. If I keep myself alive as person with Doomfire then I cannot reach others and they will die. Shouldnt dps be the one to do this? We have our hunter doing one but I think maybe our boomkin or mage would be a better choiceHealers have too much to manage on this fight

No, disc priests are pretty good for it, you have permanent 30% reduction, and really, if in the time that you need to soak fire you keep yourself alive and maybe throw out two or three shields, there will be nothing wrong with your doomfire or healing, as long as you have a healer on tanks and healers for other soakers.

for your first few kills..i'd highly recommend that you soak...there is still sufficient time to prevent deaths with wrought out..p2 is highly rhythmical as a disc priest and the dps timers will be quite tight as you progress

and w/ angelic feather you have a theoretical 18 second 60% speed boost..i'd call that pretty mobile

look at logs and you'll see that a lot of the disc priests soak because of cow, angelic feather, and the dps needed to avoid certain complications as you transition into p3

Quote Originally Posted by ZiggyZ View Post
    for your first few kills..i'd highly recommend that you soak...there is still sufficient time to prevent deaths with wrought out..p2 is highly rhythmical as a disc priest and the dps timers will be quite tight as you progress

and w/ angelic feather you have a theoretical 18 second 60% speed boost..i'd call that pretty mobile

look at logs and you'll see that a lot of the disc priests soak because of cow, angelic feather, and the dps needed to avoid certain complications as you transition into p3
    Thx..but can you explain more about what you mean by highly rhythmical? Like when is the right time to pick up each doomfire? We are rubning back and forth for shackles and wrought happens at the same time It isn't clear to me

Quote Originally Posted by Turbocharged View Post
    Thx..but can you explain more about what you mean by highly rhythmical? Like when is the right time to pick up each doomfire? We are rubning back and forth for shackles and wrought happens at the same time It isn't clear to me
    You shouldn't run back and forth with them

1st shackle at gate: be at max range towards your doomfire marker, feather and run right after 3rd lasers and soak -> shackles run toward the markers.
    2nd shackles now at doomfire patches, again pick up your stacks right after 3rd lasers and raid delays breaking shackles and runs towards gate.
    3rd shackles now at gate. stay at your doomfire as they'll break shackles towards you. Lasers and soak.
    4th shackles near doomfires and don't get broken unless your dps is shit.

At least that was our tactics with tank+disc+hunter soaking in p2.

youll find yourself soaking at close to the same time for every doomfire is what i mean by rhythmical

where you can really set yourself apart is how well you can create/find the time to support your raid healing..you'll see what i mean when you get enough attempts at it

it is important, however, that you don't deal with more than 12 stacks..it's doable but anything more than 12 and it becomes a nightmare with certain aspects of p2

I do nt think I should be doing it as disc priests are one of the least mobile classes and I cannot reach others to heal.
    Really, Disc priest are one of the most mobile classes especially with feathers. I do not see any reason why disc priests should not pick up the Doomfire.
    then again i havent progressed enough to go Archi Mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    We have disc, holy and tank do the doomfires for us. Priests have constant 30% DR so it's pretty easy to heal them assuming your DPS isn't bad and each group has to do 15 stacks. We try to get our healers to have as few stacks as possible, preferably 10-12, our tank takes 15.

Healing really isn't that hard in P2. Most guilds push to kill before the fourth allure, and the first allure is really easy as it gives you plenty of time to do the first wrought.

While it might seem like a lot of damage, the only damage going out in P2 is on the tank for the second deathcaller (first one gets blown up, third one has tank ring and DPS ring) and the doomfire targets. If people die it's not because of lack of healing, it's because people messed up lasers or stood in something that would one shot. You literally just use a throughput CD for the second and third wrought, and call it a day.

You can have immunity classes take over for the third allure in P2 though, as it's the only really chaotic one in the fight with current level DPS. We have our holy paladin do the third one, and takes over for one of our priests.

But yeah, don't worry about healing on this fight. Tanks (in that one scenario I mentioned) and doomfire targets are the only targets that need to be healed. Mythic Archimonde is a very low healing requirement fight, and our healers find plenty of opportunities in both P1/P2/P3 to just flat out do damage as it's far more useful. The fight for healers is damage you can't heal through and people die (one shot mechanics, plenty of them) or fairly easy to heal. There really aren't periods of the fight that have really hard damage to heal through, and when there is, they are pretty much spaced out evenly every minute exactly, which is met perfectly with a CD or the ring. If you find the healing hard, it's because infernals are getting pulses off, lots of people don't have the light orb buff in P1, or lots of people are getting double lasers in P2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    No, disc priests are pretty good for it, you have permanent 30% reduction.
    This is wrong, the passive only applies if you take damage, and if that happens you're behind from the start already, unless you have some1 else healing you.

I've been soaking the doomfire stacks for quite some time now.
    You can't reach any1 else while soaking (I can reach the other soakers, that's it). But no1 should be taking dmg other than the tanks either, so as long as you have a healer assigned to the tank while the soak is going on the raid should be fine.

Make sure you pick up a doomfire stack before each shackle, that way the shackle will never land on you, it can very easily kill you if you have bad RNG.
    I use both PI and PS + barrier on myself if required during p2, barrier is in general super bad for archimonde as you're never really stacked, and 25% reduction should not be underestimated.

Make sure your archangel is stacked and ready before you soak, stack your 2pc aswell. If you have time cast clarity of will on yourself aswell.
    If you drop low on HP use penance, or the empowered Flash Heal you have from using your archangel earlier. Empowered Flash Heal is very strong in this situation.
    3rd and 4th soak in p2 are the most annoying ones, so make sure you have something ready for those in case of bad RNG.

I soak as disc and I don't use CoW. Tried it in the first pulls but felt it was easier with FoH, penannce, PW and desperate prayer since I then will keep high uptime on focused will. Didn't use PS or barrier for myself but I got a purity for all soaks except the last one. Also used fade glyph. I only casted 6 flash heals on myself. Felt easier for me to FoH with 30% dmg reduction compared to CoW. Don't know if another healer with leech-trinket would be a better choice.

Just have to accept that your job is to soak fire and die when doign so. For us the DPS check was the big problem. Healers was required to chip in on the DPS which they always should do in my opinion. But sacrificing a second DPS to spend time soaking fire wasn't an alternative for us.

When I did it I basically became a robot. The fight was the exact same thing every time when you soak fire because some of the mechanics don't target you if you have doomfire at the time. The only really scary part is when a dog ports on you when you have a 10 stack already due to the movement required. I'd use an absorb pot at that time if necessary. You just have to get used to healing only yourself when soaking and then moving into range of the raid intelligently during lasers to shield as you can.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did it as a disc priest

heres a video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfa31bPDpwQ

I used HWF class trinket and used spirit shell to negate the fire damage during progression. Not necessary, but it did make it easier to heal. Make sure you know right away that clarity of will is not worth using. Its slow cast time means someone else has to be healing you quite a bit as well. Using flash heal (or SS+flash heal) as your spam means that people only need to help you if you have ~15 stacks of fire or you let yourself get too low (something I had happen when I spent too much time healing other players with fire)

Also I don't know how good your guild is at killing doomfires but if the 2nd and 3rd are slower I think you should pick up the first one as its basically gauranteed to only be a 10 stack.

Deleted
    My guild wants me to be the one to pick up Doomfire on Archimonde. I do nt think I should be doing it as disc priests are one of the least mobile classes and I cannot reach others to heal. If I keep myself alive as person with Doomfire then I cannot reach others and they will die. Shouldnt dps be the one to do this? We have our hunter doing one but I think maybe our boomkin or mage would be a better choiceHealers have too much to manage on this fight
    Here is me doing it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsUrF9JZEdw
    We are also only using two healers if anyone is interested in watching

Like other have mention, you have great mobility with your feathers and you can cast both penance + shields while moving.
    Last edited by mmoc633045337b; 2015-11-04 at 01:15 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolvolt View Post
    I did it as a disc priest

heres a video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfa31bPDpwQ

I used HWF class trinket and used spirit shell to negate the fire damage during progression. Not necessary, but it did make it easier to heal. Make sure you know right away that clarity of will is not worth using. Its slow cast time means someone else has to be healing you quite a bit as well. Using flash heal (or SS+flash heal) as your spam means that people only need to help you if you have ~15 stacks of fire or you let yourself get too low (something I had happen when I spent too much time healing other players with fire)
    CoW does more hps than FH, and the cast isn't very slow at all if you make sure to have borrowed time up, also spirit shell is not even remotely worth compared to PI.

interesting approach zolvolt..........would have made my day to see the potential of SS(disappointed i didnt see it used more in p3)..since there is enough down time that the casting of PoH "could" be viable before infernals come out, or source soakers

Deleted
    I did try SS when soaking doomfire. It didnt' last much beyond a few tries :P Mostly it just didn't feel beneficial, using it to flash heal soakers wasn't really any more useful than just flash healing them since effective health wasn't the issue, throughput was. Precasting it before mark of the legion or wrought chaos was probably the best use but it didn't feel much better than just using PWS with PI /shrug