Poll: Legendary for all model

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    The cloak was great, as it offered a rather decent and lore-rich storyline (aka a LEGEND), while the ring was terrible and offered a retarded storyline (aka not so legendary).

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Legendaries are not supposed to be used by everyone. I don't disagree with a nice item for everyone that they can progress with throughout the expansion.

A LEGENDARY ITEM is supposed to be BETTER than average items. Yes, it's unfair to those who don't have it, but it's a legendary.

Terrible. Ruined both expansions for me. Had much more fun in Cata compared to MoP and WoD.

You should've separated this.
    The cloak was alright, but the ring was bad.
    I want old legendary questing to come back. Class/role specific, with actual cooperation. No more having to go to lfr.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

Hated both grinds, but the ring is a lot worse than the cloak. It's alt unfriendly. It's offspec unfriendly. It's bad for pugs where there's always that one retard who pops the DPS ring in p1 of Mannoroth. The tanking effect is really boring, and there's almost no situation where both tanks need the damage reduction at the same time.

Still it's mandatory and requires a ton of time and tedious farming.

the ring and the cloak is excellent methods to handle legendary items just a shame it wasnt like this earlier really just a shame. It would have denied so many shithead idiot guild leaders that just because they are the guild leader they have dibs on it. If anything returning to a system that is broken will drive even more subs out the door. since quite few will not be interested in doing all the stuff just to the greedy GM can have his special snowflake syndrome medicated for a day until he cries for more shit that he needs at the expense of everyone else in the game.

Holinka made a comment in response to gearing alts in PVP easier or something. He said that their concern with that was that player's would gear their alts and just forget about them. Unfortunately, the Legendary ring/cloak has the same effect for alts in PVE. I have so many 100's that I can't be bothered with because of the Legendary Ring. The Cloak I didnt mind because it was the first Legendary done like that and the in between quests were relatively fun and I enjoyed hanging out with Wrathion. The end reward was IMO way better as well.
    The Gem AND the cloak were noticeable power increases.

The Legendary Ring however? It just feels like a downgraded cloak quest. Its less epic, just as grindy, and the reward is less appealing. I'm fine with the whole Legendary thing not being like other Legendary's. To me, a Legendary item should just stand out for the player. Legendary's have always had super unique graphics, super unique effects, lots of gem slots. The Ring? Shitty boring stats for most specs/classes. A boring visual effect. A boring on use which contradicts their design direction of cooldowns going INTO this expansion. The one where they wanted to lessen stacking trinkets/CD's/Procs together?

It just feels like everything else in WoD, half finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    They killed my interest to play alts tbh... sure you can play without one but the difference between some1 having one and not is just so massive.

You are not supposed to have it on alts unless you are real fucking dedicated in grinding it out for them as well. And if every fucking idiot alt had it the special snowflakes would be bitching even more really cant you see where we will end if alts had quick access to it as well. geez folks common sense system have worked great for the last few years.

Really dedicated players with alts got them on the alts as well not so dedicated well they didnt get them as it should be. perfect system

I hated both the rings and cloaks, there's just nothing legendary about it. But hey, in the next expansion everyone will be using artifacts, gotta make everyone the big hero.

It has its hiccups, but the biggest thing is that it discourages new players and alts simply because they're massively behind and most of it is gated by weekly raid drops.

The dps disparity is also a given when you go from getting a ring that gives you a 10% of a stat proc to a 43% flat dmg boost.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Ring is far better than Cloak. Cloak was just an automatic DPS boost that carried bad players. Ring requires proper play to get most out of it, plus in a coordinated environment the Ring is an absolutely massive power tool for skipping mechanics of a fight.

The cloak was not the best but it was a lot better than this stupid ring. I hate this ring. There is nothing I like about the ring at all.

Deleted
    The most annoying thing about the Ring was the weekly limit.
    You only get one storyquest and then you have to kill another week before you can progress.

I never actually got the cloak because I joined the party very late, didn't feel like farming reputation by mindlessly killing orcs with the next expansion already on the horizon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    The cloak was not the best but it was a lot better than this stupid ring. I hate this ring. There is nothing I like about the ring at all.
    Would you believe me if I told you that there are 3 common rings that have ingame models but the legendary ring does not?

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    People always cried about legendaries on forums well before mop ever existed. But do you think the legendary for all model has been a success?

I'd say it contributes to the massive dps disparity that exists from beginning to end of expansion and generally is a pretty boring quest. Mops quest was a lot better, but it's just basically a new requirement to raid. The quest in wod was also very boring imo.

So good or bad?
    Nope. Since they have to be given out evenly to everyone, they lack awesome, and feel mostly like a zone wide buff once the full raid acquires them. Their power is pointless, since raids are balanced around people having them. A legendary item most players don't even get to see, but rather exists to add mythis to the game is a way better thing.

Bad idea.

The cloak was not as bad as the ring, given the cloak only had 2 upgrades (500 VP) and it was at full potential. The rings, on the other hand, require a 5 month period to get to full potential for one ring.

So, if my team needs me to change rolls or I'm no longer interested in my current one, I'm screwed because I've spent the last X value months upgrading ring #1. Alts have it worse if they don't have the ring.

Furthermore with the ring, if you don't have it, you're a serious liability. The disparity between a holder and non-holder are ridiculous to the point that I know progression will be on hold if I have to recruit someone who hasn't gotten it yet.

At the start of SoO, our team was pretty much rebuilt/rearranged to the point that only 2 people (10 man team) were prepared to get legendary cloaks early on. By the time the last guy got his cloak, we were already close to being done with the first 5 bosses on Heroic/Current Mythic.

Similar issue with HFC (roster), but we had to wait much longer to get H Archimonde down because of alts/pugs not having the ring. (*cough*Alliance recruitment sucks right now*cough*)

That said, I like the Shadowmourne, Valanyr and Tarecgosa models. Sucks only 1 person gets it, but it doesn't bone over the general viability of alts, pugs or an average player. I do not mind a grind for a legendary. I do not like every player being able to obtain one (no to casuals). Cloak story was "okay", ring story sucked.

Not much confidence in Artifacts given they said that catch up mechanics would not be account wide and limited to a specific characters other specs. IE: I play blood, but UH is my offspec. UH would be okay at catching up, but my DK on a different realm is boned.
    Last edited by Rocko9; 2015-11-02 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    Food for thought: enjoying or not enjoying grinding is entirely based on personal preference.
    In general, I don't mind grinds. I just despise grinds with gating. Let me decide when I get round to it, and when I do for how long.

The legendary Ring & cloak system is very badly designed.

First, it continues the latest WoW theme of charity items that only cost time (subscription time, not gameplay time god forbid). It means, that you don't really need to do anything for most of the quest chain, you just need to log on and not get kicked from LFR (same theme as professions since MoP: Log on once a day, click a button and like magic you've gained a "rare crafting material". Need ten days for a gear piece, 30 for a mount, but less than 5 minutes online overall).
    Hell, you don't even need to loot the boss, the item conveniently appears in your inventory, so you won't have to stay near your computer. The legendary quest is AFK friendly.

Second, because the item is available to anyone it is mandatory for progression raiding. It means, that if a player wants (or needs) to reroll a different class it'll be a long while before that player will be able to raid competitively. It also means that returning players will have a very hard time finding a guild and raid competitively, which will discourage them from sticking with the game.

And finally what is even the point? Well the point from Blizzard's side is obvious, if you want the item you'll need to be subscribed at least for a couple of months. But unlike Shadowmourne, Dragonwrath and a few others (not counting the just RNG ones like warglaives) they have no story & gameplay value.
    It feels like they only exist to keep people subscribed, and so people who complain about elitist wanting to feel like special snowflakes can feel like special snowflakes.
    Last edited by Palemaster; 2015-11-02 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Nope. Since they have to be given out evenly to everyone, they lack awesome, and feel mostly like a zone wide buff once the full raid acquires them. Their power is pointless, since raids are balanced around people having them. A legendary item most players don't even get to see, but rather exists to add mythis to the game is a way better thing.
    I agree but its a zone wide buff that you only have on whatever character you grind

I don't mind the concept, the MOP chain/grind was better done than the WOD one, but I don't think the items should have come under the "legendary" category. They should have kept it seperate, called it something new, i.e. like an artifact item, and a new colour.