Internet issues while connected to the internet/WoW...

About every 15minute-1hour while I am web browsing, or opening a new browser as well, the page won't load, and will just continue to say "Connecting" on the tab. The Network icon on Taskbar continues to always says Internet Access.

In order to 'reconnect to the internet'(allow for web browsing again), I have been: Open Network Sharing Setting -> Change Adapter Settings -> Right Click Local Area Cnxn to Disable -> Right Click Local Area Cnxn to Enable. And the web browser connection comes right back.

The odd things are: WoW is running the entire time(except when I Disable of course), and never drops connection even while web browser won't connect, BUT while playing I get a lag spike/delay about every 15-20secs. Driving me crazy.

The only way I have been able to temporarily alleviate the situation is shutting down the computer, unplugging the modem and router for 30secs, and rebooting. This has solved the problem of WoW lag/delay and Web connection issues for both a few hours, and a few times only for 30 minutes or so and the connection problem returns.

Notes:
    - Curse voice won't connect during the period of non-function Web Browser(resolved by Disable->Enable LAC as noted before)
    - My other computer in a separate room is not experiencing this problem whatsoever and is connected to the same Router.
    - No consistency in connection issues, it's all very random. Sometimes 15minutes, sometimes an hour, sometimes every few hours the web browser won't work.
    - Ive run CC Cleaner, Malware Bytes, Norton and all is well.

Setup:
    Windows 7 HE, hard-lined internet from Router, Firefox or Chrome(up to date), 128GB Samsung SSD, 1 TB HDD, ASUS M5A97 mobo, 16GB Ripjaw, Corsair H60, AMD HD 7700, AMD FX-8320

Is something up with my Router? Modem? IP situation? Would love some help!
    Last edited by Auberdeen; 2015-11-02 at 08:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You say the 2nd computer don't experience the lag spikes or what appears to be dns related outages. If that's the case you shouldn't have to reboot the modem and router to restore functionality on the first system.

If you swap switch ports and ethernet cables does the problem transfer to the other machine?

Assuming it stays with the original machine I would write it off as a faulty network chipset on your asus motherboard and if it transfers to the other machine then you likely have a bad cable or switchport on the router.