Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What will make you buy Legion?

Because of loyalty or something else? Although I'm much more leaning towards skipping this expansion due to WoD, I'm still curious how it will turn out. I think the only reason that I'll buy it is if friends decide to come back at this point.

I kinda hate the game right now but they are throwing out all this stuff I wanted to see for the last like 10 years in game. So I look at it like, I'll buy this one, if it's bad, I'm done for good. If it's good, great, I'll stick around.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy the game still...even with the catastrophe that WoD is. I plan on purchasing Legion to continue playing the game I enjoy.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Honestly? I'm gonna buy it for nostalgia. Ive spent so much time in WoW, I can't help myself; I have to try every xpac. I just have to.

So, I'll buy it anyways. But, I really hope it makes people come back for awhile. My biggest problem with WoD, is no one came back. I dont think it was all WoD's fault; I mean you have to play it first. I think it was more time's fault, and the fact most of the people I played with, grew up or grew out of it, basically. But, maybe people have time now.

yes, it's not that expensive the game isn't beyond awful but could be better, just a lot of bitter angry people who wish it was better stay around this forum crying about it like an ex who hurt them instead of finding new love :P

Unless it is outstanding I'm not buying it. Blizzard needs to learn a lesson.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still love wow. That's why I'll buy legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    My hand typing in my bank card number on the Blizzard website.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Its WoW, I still buy the xpacs.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I'm hoping the developers get the idea that there has to be more than collecting rare pets and mounts outside of raiding. I'm so over raiding. I stopped playing the day I downed Archimonde HC becuse I felt I had done everything else I wanted to (apart from collecting Invincible's Reins and Mimiron's head).

I'll definitely be back for Legion. I'll level, do all the new dungeons while they're fresh and interesting and I'll jump aboard the gearing treadmill that is raiding. Heck, even PVP sounds interesting now I don't need to collect a separate bag full of gear to feel competitive. How long will I play for? That's the million dollar question.

I want Legion to be great, and I really hope the devs steer this ship back on course.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've told myself I wouldn't come back for the past 2 or 3 expansions, but I always did (damn myself). The game has given me a lot of fond memories, and still to this day, for me, there's nothing like it (except Ultima Online T2A will forever live in my heart). I haven't played since the beginning of February I think, and I don't see myself coming back this time. It is entirely possible I'm lying to myself right now and I'll end up trying it out, but I like to think I'm done, especially after the trashcan expansion that was WoD. I always get hyped for Blizzard games, especially WoW expansions every year, but I'll just have to see this time.

I'm bored with the game, truthfully, despite its fun moments. I've been playing since 2005 ffs. Same shit, different day, you know? I haven't thoroughly enjoyed raiding since wotlk. I haven't thoroughly enjoyed pvp since Cata (fire mage was fun for me then). The quality of life implementations were just too late to keep me around long term. I'll always keep a watchful eye in the background and I am interested to see how pvp works out this time around.

Basically if the way it was sold to us at GamesCom stays vaguely close to what is finally presented to us, then I'm already sold.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    It launching.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    A release date. Let the whiners keep whining, nobody pays much attention to it anymore
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

7+ Year Old Account
    when they release 7.1, that what will make me buy it

Most of my friends will be back in the game just to play the new expansion, at least for a while. That will probably interest me enough to pick the game up and at least get to the new level cap.

How long I stay after that depends on whether or not Legion can keep me interested longer than WoD did.

It becoming available to buy.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who's been watching more lately after leaving the game literally the day 5.2 came out for personal reasons, from what I've gathered about the game's current state, here's what would have to happen, that's under Blizzard's control:

1: Return of older model rotations; I mained a Fury Warrior and I hear that Fury is now a pile of garbage and RNG, and wouldn't even think of coming back if they don't un-RNG bullshit the spec. I had a DW Frost/Blood DK alt/new intended main, and to get my attention, they'd need to bring back Heart Strike and Rune Strike, basically "Old MoP Blood"(which for me is the last Blood I ever played). On the subject of Blood...

2: Do the number squish and re-tuning of old content properly, not this ridiculous buff you get going into old content I've read about that completely guts the challenge of old content while alone. Hitting for millions instead of your normal amounts, just to make up for the number squish's effects on the player. Even if I wasn't pushing the boundaries of Protection Warrior soloing or Blood soloing, it felt rewarding, downing things in Ulduar at 90 on 25 man, ICC 25, etc - under the new system as I understand, everything 10 levels below you is a pathetic pushover.

3:Bring back reforging. I can understand Hit and Expertise going away, but not reforging. So you want a certain stat, and RNG doesn't favor you, or Blizzard doesn't include it on your tier set of off set pieces that tier? Then you have no way to "fix it".

4:Tied into #1 - look at all the abilities cut and re-think if they needed cut, even ones cut in Cataclysm. Fun things like Eyes of the Beast may have been useless, but they were flavor! And in WoD, they got rid of iconic things like Heroic Strike(Prot only now), my biggest Warrior complaint being the removal of Colossus Smash for Fury, baked some of the things they had literally just added in MoP into other abilities(War Banner and Recklessness), and got rid of some filler abilities like Heartstrike.

5:Cut down on the RNG in the game, especially surrounding gear(already mentioned rotations). This isn't Diablo III; if I wanted to play Diablo III or play RNG-esus I'd do so. Or I could possibly flip a coin every time deciding whether to apply for a job or on a decision in my new hobby to recreate the "experience".

Gear for Valor, keeping the additional RNG of loot to Warforged plus a socket at most, getting rid of the random tertiary stat thing and making those secondaries or axing them.

6:Bring back 10 man Heroic/"Mythic" raiding. The more people in the raid group, the higher chances for drama or there being one guy/girl you completely loathe, or the chances of not being able to fill every night. I've done 40 man, 25 man N+H, 10 man N+H, clearing more on 10H than on any other difficulty(even in Cata) - and for me, the 10 man atmosphere was by far the closest knit. No cliques forming, it's much easier to remember everyone, etc. Hell, even a 10 man PUG in WOTLK felt more friendly than a guild 25 run at times.

7: Make professions more like they were, especially bring back more gem slots, meta gems, and enchants. I look at armories, and now it's a rarity to see a gem on a toon - so what does JC get to do to make money exactly? A couple of enchants per toon - same for enchanting. And JC and Ench don't even have it the worst off - gathering professions have been completely screwed over by garrisons.

8: Make the requirements to unlock flying in Legion less obnoxious than what I've gathered the level of obnoxious that is Draenor AU flight.

9: Tidy up the number of and relative reward from difficulties. Right now there's hardly-rewarding LFR beat out by solo content (Baleful gear), "Normal" which is SoO's Flex, Heroic which is the old Normal, and Mythic which is the old Heroic. I'm not saying remove LFR here; if anything, remove either "Normal"(SoO Flex) and make it LFR -"Heroic" - "Mythic"(10 or 25), or remove Mythic to return to the old MoP/Cata meanings of LFR, Normal and Heroic. Both options - make LFR gear worth something, even if it's making tier from there give half the special benefit that the other difficulties do and don't count towards N/H/M 2set and 4set.

(So as to not throw the baby out with the bathwater, keep the "Mythic" dungeons - those sound just fine).

10: Rework the concept and execution of Garrisons so they don't flood the game with gold and free crafting resources, and make them less RNG dependent.
    Last edited by Freedom; 2015-11-03 at 02:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    I enjoy the game still...even with the catastrophe that WoD is. I plan on purchasing Legion to continue playing the game I enjoy.
    That's how I feel right now also

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypowa View Post
    What will make you buy Legion?
    A gun to my head.

All kidding aside though, if they put the RPG back into MMORPG I'd be willing to pick up Legion. As it stands right now, Legion looks like more of the same : the continued erosion of character diversity and development.