Page 1 of 2
LastLast

It's time for WoW to implement a Solo Q feature.

I honestly believe its time for wow to implement a solo Q Arena feature. One of the worst parts of WoW PvP, is finding people to pvp with. Or participating at all. It can be a real headache.

The overall success of solo Q features in other esports and competitive games shows how promising such a mode is. You could honestly say its as much a part of something like League's success, and even CS:Go's success, as the game itself. Its an easy way for people to participate in competitive pvp, without needing to go through all the troubles of finding a team.

And, it would help solve the problem of finding people. You could solo Q, and when you find people at your rating, you like playing with, you could easily just make a team and go into normal 3v3 arenas.

You could just pick your role, and que up. Work just like any other modes; you play 10 or so to place you in your elo, and then you que with people of similar skill levels.

Now, it wouldn't be a complete replacement for normal arenas, but it would solve the pvp woes of a ton of people who have no one to play with, and dont have the achieves or ability to find likeminded people. I would honestly Q ALL day. It would have kept me active in WoD, too. I quit solely because none of my previous partners came back, and I was on a dead server, and had very little options besides a ton of trial and error and hunting to find anyone to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Do you fight only those people who've queued solo or do you fight teams who've queued up as a team too?
    Thats honestly a hard one. I know in CS:Go, you can face entire teams of 5 in their MM. But in league, its up to 2(1 duo per team). Personally, I would prefer a limit of 2 just to make things more fair, but whatever increases participation would be the best. Would be nice if they found a way to make it find solo first, and then go through groups next.

Again, if enough people qued for it, I would prefer a limit of 2. Because if you had 3, you should just que for normal arenas.

I think limiting it to 2 would be best, because if it was 3, it could potentially kill off either normal 3s, or solo Q. And, thats not good.

I think it should be more like League, which has the best system. Solo Q with up to 1 duo per team, and then there is ranked 5s, and ranked 3s. So, you could have normal arenas, solo Q up to 2 in 3s, and then solo Q only for 2s.
    Last edited by Destructodave; 2015-11-03 at 12:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, the worst part about the MMORPG is the MMO part. lets not interact with anyone.....

no

Would that even work in arena? Seems way too RNG for me.. In LoL you at least got a chance to set up a decent team. While with this, you could get paired with some useless combo vs a combo that works really well, and get demolished because of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    I don't mean to be difficult but is this part really that hard:
    without needing to go through all the troubles of finding a team.
    I get that finding 2k+ teams can be difficult, but that is a fairly small portion of the WoW PvP community as it is. Cross realm team finding, has added numerous people to my real id, because if they were good we would talk a bit more, and more of then not swap btags.
    But I kind of imagine the popularity of solo que'ing in skirmishes, would trump any opinions. I know personally I've hated solo que'ing skirmishes, because more often then not I'm 2v1'ing and the idea of really trying to CC seems laughable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

no, wow needs to move away form menucraft not double down on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    Yes, the worst part about the MMORPG is the MMO part. lets not interact with anyone.....

no
    Its to help people interact. Have you ever dealt with the problem of just trying to find people to do 3's with? I dont mean randomly capping out in 2's, i mean doing 3's. Its a real PITA for your average guy who WANTS to pvp, but doesnt have the achieves, doesnt have the friends, or the guild. It would be somewhere to meet more people to play with. I know if I got a good comp or people, I would add them to friends, and do normal 3's after.

There are so many barriers to entry for people just wanting to do competitive arena its unreal, and one of the drains on PvP in general. I know, almost every friend I have that doesnt play WoW anymore, says they would like a solo Q mode.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    I don't mean to be difficult but is this part really that hard:

I get that finding 2k+ teams can be difficult, but that is a fairly small portion of the WoW PvP community as it is. Cross realm team finding, has added numerous people to my real id, because if they were good we would talk a bit more, and more of then not swap btags.
    But I kind of imagine the popularity of solo que'ing in skirmishes, would trump any opinions. I know personally I've hated solo que'ing skirmishes, because more often then not I'm 2v1'ing and the idea of really trying to CC seems laughable.
    Thats why you have to add a rating to it. You are going to have people not giving a crap, when they have no reason to. If they had a number there keeping them inline, you would have less people just randomly giving up like they do in skirms.

Look, this is one of the most popular modes in some of the most popular games there is nowadays; there is a reason for it. And, WoW has the ability to capitalize on it. They have similar systems for PvE, and even their other games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Would that even work in arena? Seems way too RNG for me.. In LoL you at least got a chance to set up a decent team. While with this, you could get paired with some useless combo vs a combo that works really well, and get demolished because of that.
    No different than ending up with a bad team in solo Q in LoL. You have people who main 1 specific champ no matter what, and you lose games for it. Solo Q is not infallible, but it is a VERY popular game mode in some of the most popular games around right now. Might as well capitalize on it.

This already exists and these are skirmishes if you think you will find skilled people in solo Q more than you can find in skirmishes then you're wrong, this game is about teamplay not three solo guys. So like skirmishes solo Qs won't be a success only a way to gear a fresh FotM toon.

In skirms, it's not that people aren't trying it's just that they aren't good at PVP, period. You need to realize that the average player isn't good at PVP. People in skirms try, they want to win too, just they aren't good enough or their class/comp/spec sucks, etc. If the global population of WoW was good at PVP, rival (which is the first 10%) wouldn't be at 1800.
    Last edited by Philomene; 2015-11-03 at 08:57 AM.

It is way different than SoloQ in LoL. In LoL (or any moba game), you got the option to pick champions/heroes that fits to the comp, in a SoloQ Arena in WoW, you'd queue as a Arms warrior, and you could get paired with what ever, there is no option to it what so ever. So it is all RNG.
    And that "You have people who main 1 specific champ no matter what, and you lose games for it." happens like what, 1 in every 100 games? People do want to win in the end. Except in Normal games, as people don't give a shit there, and who cares?

And WHY remove even more of the socialization of an MMO? This game is so dead all ready, with everyone sitting in their Garrison or capital cities waiting for queues to pop.
    Go to forums, use trade/general chat and/or the LFG tool to find people to play with, or even a guild. The moment you stop using all those automated grouping tools, you actually notice how fun and social this game once was, when people had to go out there and be social.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

In the era of social network, people want less social interaction.

No, thanks. I can already see only FOTM 1vs1...and everyone running on the same class all day.
    Hell no!
    Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Philomene View Post
    This already exists and these are skirmishes if you think you will find skilled people in solo Q more than you can find in skirmishes then you're wrong, this game is about teamplay not three solo guys. So like skirmishes solo Qs won't be a success only a way to gear a fresh FotM toon.

In skirms, it's not that people aren't trying it's just that they aren't good at PVP, period. You need to realize that the average player isn't good at PVP. People in skirms try, they want to win too, just they aren't good enough or their class/comp/spec sucks, etc. If the global population of WoW was good at PVP, rival (which is the first 10%) wouldn't be at 1800.
    Are you even aware that Glads que for skirmishes, too? Since BC.

I started in BC to play this game, and tried out the skirmish mode in 2s. Then i faced 2 glads, solo. haha

I'd say this game needs much more options and checkboxes.....like if there is a solo que for arenas, i have to choose my prefered comb and the fight is only allowed to start if all spots are full and placed.

Something like solo queing into 2-5 glads should never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    Are you even aware that Glads que for skirmishes, too? Since BC.
    Do you often queue into or with gladiators in arena ? They queue yes but do you realize you have 90% more chance to queue into a 1500 player instead of a gladiator ?

Quote Originally Posted by Philomene View Post
    Do you often queue into or with gladiators in arena ? They queue yes but do you realize you have 90% more chance to queue into a 1500 player instead of a gladiator ?
    most of the time I face players that are at LEAST 2K exp in skirmishes, it's either a really unlucky streak (was something like 70% over about 60 skirmishes) or your own past exp is taken into account for matchmaking

Are you on EU or US, horde or alliance ? As Alliance EU and queuing only 3s skirms, 20% of the time we aren't even six and 75% of the time I met people without any relevant arena or PvP experience (or even gear). I don't know if past experience is taken into account, I've been around 2200 since early Mists in 3s, dunno if this matters or not

Quote Originally Posted by Destructodave View Post
    I honestly believe its time for wow to implement a solo Q Arena feature. One of the worst parts of WoW PvP, is finding people to pvp with. Or participating at all. It can be a real headache.

The overall success of solo Q features in other esports and competitive games shows how promising such a mode is. You could honestly say its as much a part of something like League's success, and even CS:Go's success, as the game itself. Its an easy way for people to participate in competitive pvp, without needing to go through all the troubles of finding a team.

And, it would help solve the problem of finding people. You could solo Q, and when you find people at your rating, you like playing with, you could easily just make a team and go into normal 3v3 arenas.

You could just pick your role, and que up. Work just like any other modes; you play 10 or so to place you in your elo, and then you que with people of similar skill levels.

Now, it wouldn't be a complete replacement for normal arenas, but it would solve the pvp woes of a ton of people who have no one to play with, and dont have the achieves or ability to find likeminded people. I would honestly Q ALL day. It would have kept me active in WoD, too. I quit solely because none of my previous partners came back, and I was on a dead server, and had very little options besides a ton of trial and error and hunting to find anyone to play with.
    Great idea! Such a nightmare to find partners for people who actually have life!
    first, there are almost no healers who want to pvp
    also, you need to be one of fotm classes to even be considered
    third, you need to have same cr as your partners
    exp is forth.
    dont forget about teamchat preferences.

And after assembling a team for an hour or so one of your teammate will leave at 80% probability if your first game is loss

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arbuzno View Post
    Great idea! Such a nightmare to find partners for people who actually have life!
    first, there are almost no healers who want to pvp
    also, you need to be one of fotm classes to even be considered
    third, you need to have same cr as your partners
    exp is forth.
    dont forget about teamchat preferences.

And after assembling a team for an hour or so one of your teammate will leave at 80% probability if your first game is loss
    The Necro is strong with you!

15+ Year Old Account
    Soo... Skirmishes with MMR?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    Soo... Skirmishes with MMR?
    Yes. Plus some support in the form of titles / other rewards.

Deleted
    and im here still waiting for 5v5 dota battleground (which should be retardedly easy to implement imo) :P

I dont have problems with premades, I have problems with workarounds allowing you to qeue 10 (5+5) people for a random 10man BG and roflstomp your enemy every single time

also since differences in PvP (healing, damage and kills) have been significantly lowered there is a need for a "random" personal rating based on performance (flags scored, returned, being in the vicinity of flag when its scored/defended etc) and rewards tailored to this performance.