Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emageht Tsoluoy View Post
    Except they are not a "better sound" and audiophiles have ripped them to shreds in reviews since they were released.
    They use substandard drivers, cheap wiring, cheap housing, and poor acoustics for a 200$ set of headphones.

The only reason Beats sell is because Dr. Dre gets amazing product placement, and super-rich famous friends pimp his shit out for him.
    People are only buying into the name "Beats by Dr. Dre" with these.

If someone has limited finances and are looking to "buy the best", Beats is the one brand they should stay far far away from.
    Well that comes down to a value for money argument. For me, they are better than the Sennheiser CX500s I was using for quite a few years before they broke - and I was suitably impressed with those at the time too. For sure there's the branding and they do in part exist as a fashion accessory, so there is a premium that goes with that, but they are not a bad product; no amount of product placements or marketing would wipe that away because no one is going to listen to tinny headphones, or be happy if they had to replace something that comes at that price after 6 months. That message would very quickly get out. So, knowing the difference in quality you can get between a £30 and £100 pair, I looked at reviews and stuff, I didn't see a bad one about the quality of the product sound or build - just basically that they're expensive. Which, yes they are. But I gave them a chance, and I'm more than happy that I did.

In a way you're right, if you want a good set of headphones, and are concerned about cost, then Beats probably shouldn't be first on the list. It's just I'm tired of consumer electronic (anti?)-snobbery really, in the 80s it was 'Go Apple because they're Microsoft rivals', then they brought out the iPod and everyone was happy that Apple were strong and beating Microsoft; then came the iPhone and everyone is suddenly like 'Boo Apple, go Android'... And it's like, cycle repeats, and I can just see the Beats headphones, because they're in Apple stores and caught up in this boutique electronics 'culture' and so the counter-culture hates them basically because of that. That shouldn't be a part of the decision.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2015-11-03 at 04:32 PM.

There's plenty of high quality headphones if you strictly don't want a mic, that goes without saying...

If you want a headset, personally I'm using an Astro A50 [Wireless]. Expensive, but honestly one of the best headsets I've used thus far with regards to sound quality and comfort. And the battery life is pretty good too - Can do 6-8 hours inbetween charges.

Don't know about the best, but I have a pair of wireless bose headphones. They're extremely light and comfortable and the sound is great, especially for music and movies. I love em. Despite the good quality, the are on the expensive side though, so there's that.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin-Sane View Post
    Don't know about the best, but I have a pair of wireless bose headphones. They're extremely light and comfortable and the sound is great, especially for music and movies. I love em. Despite the good quality, the are on the expensive side though, so there's that.
    I've never heard good sound from a pair of Bose, but I haven't used them in forever either.

The saying used to be: "No highs, no lows? Must be Bose."

If you want a headset as opposed to headphones and a microphone get Sennheiser for everyone who's going to listen to you talking sake. Especially if you're prone to frustration when others comment on your mic quality. Otherwise Audio Technica, AKG, Shure and a few others would make good options.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    We'll I'll tell you what I know from experience from gaming headsets.

Corsair Vengeance 1500
    I preferred the sound quality from these more than any other pair I've owned. I loved it so much I bought a second one after the first broke ...then a third after the second broke ..and ya the third one broke too. In fact they all broken in the exact same way which was at the in-line volume controller. It seems Corsair wanted to save $0.000001 cents per unit by going with the smallest cheapest 40 gauge wire they could find. The in-line controlled has a small piece of PCB that these hair-thin wires have been laser soldered to and even with the most delicate of handling they eventually break off. If you don't mind knowing that your $80-100 will last you about a year then go for it. Mic quality is ehhh.
    Same. It's still a great headset in terms of sound quality and comfort, but I'd wager that everyone who has owned a Corsair Vengeance 1500 has had this problem. Mine did the same thing a few days ago, and the warranty expired about 5 months ago. Googling the problem shows me a lot of hits for the exact same thing. There is also a Corsair Vengeance 1500 "v2" that still has the same problem if you read the reviews on it. Always at that spot where the cord goes into that PCB halfway down the cord, because that's where the wires get rubbed the most, and it doesn't take much for that cheap/shitty wiring to break.

I'm actually thinking about replacing it with the Cloud 2 myself. I've read a lot of good things about it, and it's about the same price. I pulled out my "backup" headset, but it's a $20 WalMart special that I don't want to use permanently because its sound quality is shit. :|
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2015-11-08 at 09:55 PM.

Logitec g-930 is decent, can be found cheap and since its wireless you can use it while on the toilet.

Razer stuff breaks too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Logitec g-930 is decent, can be found cheap and since its wireless you can use it while on the toilet.
    "Ok guys, back to raiding, bio break is over......wait, what was that splashing sound?"
    ".....uh.....I was dropping an ice cube in my drink. yeah."

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    i'm using The SteelSeries Siberia V2 Frost Blue, they are ok, one great thing is they have a really long ass cord. its literally like 4 feet long, which is nice cause i like to lay back and watch tv shows on my comp while sitting on my bed. they kinda have distortion issues though so im thinking id probly replace them soon. i think they were like $80 CAD a few years ago. also they fit nice, the headband is snug but not painful
    I've had good experiences with the Siberia V2 as well. Very omfortable to wear even after long periods of time, good sound and a retractable mic you can hide if you want to take the headset with you.