Best Full Tower Case?

I'm looking into upgrading my computer case, and I'm very torn as to what to get.

I've currently got a 5-year-old CoolerMaster HAF X case, which is damn heavy (30 lbs empty), and the front ports don't function on (unless you consider 100% chance of a BSOD a success).

The main consideration is that yes, I do want it to be a full tower (or double wide equivalent), because I have an EATX motherboard, and a lot of hard drives of varying capacities (4 SSD's, 2 HDD's, 1 DVD-RW, and counting). It also needs to have a space for my 140 mm Nepton radiator to attach, which I know a lot of them do on the rear of the case.

Function is given more priority than form, although I'm looking for both, as I do like seeing inside my case, if for no other reason than to easily check POST codes/temps.

Questions? Recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

I'm using this one but it is also pretty heavy but they also have slightly smaller ones which accept EATX mobo's and they do get solid reviews.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/carbide...-atx-cube-case

EATX fits, 5-6 SSDs, 3 HDDs (1 need a cage extra) and DVD-RW fits in.

12 pounds lighter and made for AiO Watercooling so your Nepton fits easy in.
    Last edited by Miyagie; 2015-11-03 at 04:12 AM.

Corsair 900D and you're set for all future upgrades too but it might be overkill.

The enthoo Denpepe linked is the 2nd i'd recommend.

Carbide Series® Air 540 High Airflow ATX Cube Case is super sweet

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    Corsair 900D and you're set for all future upgrades too but it might be overkill.

The enthoo Denpepe linked is the 2nd i'd recommend.
    My first thought but the 900D is one fat mama not everyone can handle.

I wouldn't consider either Primo or 900D unless you are going crazy all out watercooling. The Air 540 is pretty nice for what you want though.

If HAF was too heavy for you.. Primo is probably out of the question. Mine weighs something silly like 25+ kilos nowdays, although it has a full watercooling loop inside with 2x long 60mm rads as push pull. But even the original weight was above pretty high.

What comes to 900D.. it is almost never needed. It is at a price point where you might just as well get a CaseLabs case and get exactly what you want.

I adore the HAF X

I appreciate the suggestions, and need more time to evaluate them, although I can pretty safely say that the Corsair 900D is way too much case for me--going by the total area, it's basically 150% of the size of the HAF X.

I've been hesitant to use Corsair because I had a bunch of problems 6-8 years ago with their RAM going bad, but I might have to try out one of their cases. I wish they made a slightly bigger cube than the 540, but I think it might work.

I'm also still open to any other suggestions.

Deleted
    I was going to suggest my Coolermaster COSMOS II, which I love, but since the 900D is already too large for you, that might not be the best option xD

Deleted
    All full atx cases that have good quality unless aluminium will be heavy. It also doesn't have to be a full atx. The air 540 is just mid atx.
    Mid atx cases i would consider:
    Corsair 400R/500R, Air 540, 450D, 600T
    Phanteks enthoo pro M, enthoo evolv
    Fractal Design Core 3500
    I understand you are asking for full atx i am just giving you another idea/perspective.

15+ Year Old Account
    You could alternatively just stick with the HAF X and replace the IO panel on it:

http://www.cmstore-usa.com/haf-x-top...ith-i-o-panel/

Because what you're describing fits without issues into an HAF X. (Hell I even popped in a ASUS Rampage IV Extreme into a HAF 922 - No problem!)

And if you like the case, why switch it out?

Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    You could alternatively just stick with the HAF X and replace the IO panel on it:

http://www.cmstore-usa.com/haf-x-top...ith-i-o-panel/

Because what you're describing fits without issues into an HAF X. (Hell I even popped in a ASUS Rampage IV Extreme into a HAF 922 - No problem!)

And if you like the case, why switch it out?
    Thanks, that's actually very useful knowledge. One of my other gripes about HAF X, though, was that it was a complete pain in the ass trying to install and route an extra fan on the top of the unit. It mounted fine, but it didn't feel like they thought out the whole leaving enough room for the wires coming off of it thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Neruval View Post
    I appreciate the suggestions, and need more time to evaluate them, although I can pretty safely say that the Corsair 900D is way too much case for me--going by the total area, it's basically 150% of the size of the HAF X.

I've been hesitant to use Corsair because I had a bunch of problems 6-8 years ago with their RAM going bad, but I might have to try out one of their cases. I wish they made a slightly bigger cube than the 540, but I think it might work.

I'm also still open to any other suggestions.
    Their RAM can still have issues but has gotten better. Certain lines of their PSUs are still pretty crappy as well. However, their cases are top notch. Different departments and all that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neruval View Post
    Thanks, that's actually very useful knowledge. One of my other gripes about HAF X, though, was that it was a complete pain in the ass trying to install and route an extra fan on the top of the unit. It mounted fine, but it didn't feel like they thought out the whole leaving enough room for the wires coming off of it thing.
    To be truthful.. I far more prefer the HAF 932.
    Much better than the HAF X IMO.

But yeah the top mounting system is horrid for the HAF X, but once it's installed (could've said just "in" you know!) it's golden.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarfaii View Post
    I was going to suggest my Coolermaster COSMOS II, which I love, but since the 900D is already too large for you, that might not be the best option xD
    The Cosmos II is probably the biggest small case ever. It is massive on the outside, but somewhat restrictive on what you can do with the inside.

Deleted
    using a HAF 935 stacker at the moment, Big enough to fit a family of illegal immigrants and still have room for the pet cat!
    Thing is fucking enormous and extremely well build, that being said, the 900D is going to be my next case in a few months time, so I would say a 900D!

Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    I'm using this one but it is also pretty heavy but they also have slightly smaller ones which accept EATX mobo's and they do get solid reviews.
    +1 for Primo, I got this case a few months ago and the thing is amazing. I was torn between this and the 900D, but one of the big issues I had with the 900D was the poor design decision putting the 5.25" bays lined up with where a large rad would fit on top. Basically if you put anything other than a really small rad on top the 5.25" bays become unusable. I have full intentions on water cooling my computer, but even so far the thing runs practically silent. I love how much space it has to get your hands in there, plus the backside cable management is amazing (why don't more cases come with velcro straps?!? Screw zipties that you have to cut off every time you make a hardware change). The HDD cage fits 6 drives, and can be fully shifted over (or even completely removed) if you install a front rad. On the backside of the 5.25" bays are 2 sideways mounted 2.5" brackets that would perfectly tuck away your 4 SSDs. Also the thing has filters all over the place that you can easily pop off/slide out to clean.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    +1 for Primo, I got this case a few months ago and the thing is amazing. I was torn between this and the 900D, but one of the big issues I had with the 900D was the poor design decision putting the 5.25" bays lined up with where a large rad would fit on top. Basically if you put anything other than a really small rad on top the 5.25" bays become unusable. I have full intentions on water cooling my computer, but even so far the thing runs practically silent. I love how much space it has to get your hands in there, plus the backside cable management is amazing (why don't more cases come with velcro straps?!? Screw zipties that you have to cut off every time you make a hardware change). The HDD cage fits 6 drives, and can be fully shifted over (or even completely removed) if you install a front rad. On the backside of the 5.25" bays are 2 sideways mounted 2.5" brackets that would perfectly tuck away your 4 SSDs. Also the thing has filters all over the place that you can easily pop off/slide out to clean.
    Huh?

I have a 360 rad in the top of mine. Only a 480 takes up the bays.