Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizzakid2093 View Post
    either the token has become wildly popular, or they have found some sort of loophole to make this look higher than it is
    The token definitely has a hand in it, but I also think people underestimate the amount of people who don't completely hate WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    The token definitely has a hand in it, but I also think people underestimate the amount of people who don't completely hate WoD.
    Yuppp.. While people rage about 'no content' there's plenty of people who still haven't completed everything for the expansion they set goal wise.

Everyone: It's gonna drop by the millions!!!
    Blizzard: -100k
    Everyone: Look at that huge drop! The game is tanking!

I mean 4.5 million over the course of the expansion is pretty bad but I was honestly expecting much higher this quarter.

Ever since the game started losing subs, only two other times has the drop been as low as 100k. Typically the drop is closer to 300k it looks like.

Taking into account how badly WoD gets slammed, losing only an extra 100k people in Q3 is actually really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    This. I would rather see an activity chart than a subscriber count. That would be far more telling of the actual state of the game.
    Wouldn't that go for free to play games like League Of Legends too? Accounts =/= activity

On the graph of subscribers, if you flatten the spikes when MoP and WoD came out, it looks like the decline started in Cat, MoP slowed the decline and it accelerated in WoD.

7+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit
    I cant believe we only lost like 100-200K subs

This probably sets a precedent for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    I'd wager most people that were sick of the game in its current state (for whatever the reason) already left (taking a break, quitting, "quitting", whatever :-P), and most people that are left are still enjoying what they have to work with. Doesn't mean it would last forever, I just expect further dropoffs until the next announcement/expansion to be relatively light.
    Yep. Now that I have flying, it's finally time to get out into the world and do things like archaeology, and quest achievements. I wouldn't necessarily say 'enjoy' the game, but it's something new to do, that I didn't really work on without flying.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lmao at all the people saying it was going to be less than 2 million now.

Fairly small amount of content on the horizon, fairly mediocre expansion and still 5 times the Subs of the next nearest game.

GAME SURE IS DED GUISE. I guess the rest of the MMO's out there are 60ft under Lmao.

Hi WoW haters. Why are you suprised? Because YOU dont enjoy the game, you expected another million sub loss? hahaha.

WoW cannot die no matter how much you want it to. There are still millions of loyal players that will never give up.

This is probably gonna be the last time you see a sub loss for awhile so enjoy it while you can.

See you when you re-sub for Legion you haters, cuz we all know you will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tokens softened the blow.

Doesn't change the fact servers feel dead. When there isn't any words flying in trade during prime hours on Emerald Dream(NA) it is a sign of bad times.

There's a very committed core player base that isn't going to degrade that quickly. It's probably in the three million or so range. Not surprised we only lost 100k. With 6.2 the game became very alt friendly to level to 100 and gear up. A lot of people are doing the alt thing. Legion announcement also likely helped, as will Blizzcon.
    "I don't always play my warlock, but when I do, I prefer destruction."
    - The Most Interesting Player in the World . . . of Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Lmao at all the people saying it was going to be less than 2 million now.

Fairly small amount of content on the horizon, fairly mediocre expansion and still 5 times the Subs of the next nearest game.

GAME SURE IS DED GUISE. I guess the rest of the MMO's out there are 60ft under Lmao.
    haha well the "wow is dead/dying" crowd are like religious fanatics they don't want to hear facts, all they want to do is shout their beliefs into your face screaming we're all doomed!

So, MMO champion gets the numbers before the investors? I am a bit confused. Isn't the call tomorrow? I've checked back several calls and this is the first call that was announced the day before the call.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry guys it will really drop in Q4 their is always next time. .

I never care about Sub numbers, but it always funny when their is a rise or small fall & how quiet the forums get.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Tokens softened the blow.

Doesn't change the fact servers feel dead. When there isn't any words flying in trade during prime hours on Emerald Dream(NA) it is a sign of bad times.
    Blame Garrisons for that.

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Garbage expansion, only thing that is keeping the decline from being much worse is the WoW tokens.
    I think that's all there is to it, honestly. The numbers would probably be far worse if there were no tokens.

I find it extremely hard to believe that the number is 5.5 million.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The thing to remember though is that they announce the numbers a month after their quarter actually ends, subs are only going to go down from where they're at since there is zero new content. I cancelled mine a couple weeks ago since there isn't a point of paying for nothing, and people like me will continue to do so until Legion releases or gets closer to release.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgameshh View Post
    I think that's all there is to it, honestly. The numbers would probably be far worse if there were no tokens.

Have to remember roughly have those subs are from china as well.

see this is what i was talking about, the first rule of the wow is dying fanatic, they don't care about facts, just keep preaching the hate about the game full force denial of anything that doesn't support their hating.

5.5million LIES IT'S ALL LIES IT'S 1.2MILLION THE GAME IS DEAAAAAADDDDDDD!!

If past performance is any indication, we can probably expect to see ~5 million subs left by the time Legion comes out. I don't see them releasing anything major to try to bring people back before the end of q4. Not trying to be a debbie downer, just being realistic.

7+ Year Old Account

The numbers dont lie mate