10+ Year Old Account

Why am I playing with platinum ranked players in team builder? (Silver 4 is me)

Granted, I play a ton of Gayren in Team builder, but i'm silver 4 for a reason. I don't care about getting better, I just want to play a game with other terrible players like me, have a fun game, then log out. It's becoming consistent too. Should I just play a different champion? Is the hidden MMR tied to the individual champion or to my summoner name?

What's also interesting is how much more immature the higher the rank the players are. Seems like a reverse.

Holy crap the lol boards are terrible.

Deleted
    Because normal MMR and Ranked MMR are not tied together what so ever. If a platinum player only plays Ranked and never touched normals and then starts playing a normal game or two he will get matched against, well... players like yourself. This happens until his normal MMR evens out again at his skill level. Also, I think the more you play a champion in TB the more better the opponents become. But I am not terribly sure on that.

Heh, I've been wondering about this for a while. Is really the mmr so responsive as to suddenly go from matching against silvers to plats after 3-4 wins? If I win 3 in a row I almost don't wanna go the next one, cause I know I'll be utterly demolished by a plat leblanc or something... And that's no fun! :P
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Deleted
    It is for me in Team Builder. When I take a champion I know and can carry with in ranked games and did not play it yet in TB and then play it in TB it only takes 3-4 games to get me matched against platinum+ players. It usually starts around low gold when I try a new champion. Atleast it does for me.

As for MMR. MMR does not balance out in 3-4 games that might take a little longer.

They're several reasons. The people you play against might be using new champs, playing with lower rated friends, or they could be on a long losing streak. Most people who use team builder try new champs or builds so don't use it as an excuse. Its also really good practice.

Team builder uses your normal mmr as a base but you get a new mrr for each champ you play and losing or winning doesn't affect your normal mmr. So you could go on a massive losing streak and just drop a fuck ton of mmr but plats aren't that hard to deal with honestly. I am a lowly gold 4 and I beat diamonds lol its not that difficult.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    Heh, I've been wondering about this for a while. Is really the mmr so responsive as to suddenly go from matching against silvers to plats after 3-4 wins? If I win 3 in a row I almost don't wanna go the next one, cause I know I'll be utterly demolished by a plat leblanc or something... And that's no fun! :P
    They might be playing with lower rated friends which would drop their mmr...
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2015-11-06 at 09:26 PM.