Deleted

WoW Tokens are saving WoW right now.

The Tokens have saved this quarter. And maybe WoW general. This is a bold statement, i know, but lets discuss.

Most people i know (i know this is my subjective personal experience), pay for WoW through tokens. Myself included. If there was no tokens, the decline would have been massive, as alot more people would have quit.

This way, people who have alot of money, buy the gold legally and the more "hardcore" players, who would normally burn out during dry spells, keep their subs active through tokens. Logging in from time to time to run missions, and chat with guildies. Its "free" to keep your social existence in WoW, if you choose to do so.

When you play WoW for free, there is no need to "take a break", as it is not as compelling, when you dont feel you "loose" money each month.

Somone at Bliz needs to buy that guy, who thought the token system up, a cake and give him a raise. Even if the system is a rip off from other games.

I would LOVE to see a chart showing exactly how many people are actually paying a sub versus buying tokens.

Disclaimer - I know many people dont have that much gold. But it doesnt change the fact, that alot of people do. Especially in WoD, which makes the system crucial in terms of keeping up sub numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's discuss this in one of the threads that's already active on the topic. There are two besides the thread that goes with the news post. And plenty of chatter about the tokens in both of them.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."