Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Title clickbait much? Activision is buying King, NOT blizzard, they have nothing to do with it.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    I actually am generally positive about Blizzard. This move however...
    This is good ol' Bobby buying shit up and has almost nothing to do with Blizzard.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Bojangles View Post
    This is good ol' Bobby buying shit up and has almost nothing to do with Blizzard.
    Why does it have to do with blizzard? AB isn't just Blizzard. It's like 15 different studios. This is just adding to it. It's like getting mad at Samsung for producing a product that isn't a TV.

Kotick has nothing to do with Blizzard, really. He wasn't even part of the company until the recent merger.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    No one tell OP about how the creator of Superman got nothing. Or that most of the world's famous historical artists never got to see their work become worth anything.
    Last edited by Flutterguy; 2015-11-03 at 11:31 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    No one tell OP about how the creator of Superman got nothing. Or that most of the world's famous historical artists never got to see their work become worth anything.
    Wait wait wait, Art pieces gaining value over time has nothing to do with stealing and rewarding stealing.

So we all know King, the company that literally copy pasted one man's game (who made it for his sick daughter) and tried to sue that same man.
    Now Activision buys King? Basicly rewarding a stealing piece of shit company with over 5 billion? Thats like buying stolen nazi art KNOWING its stolen nazi art.

Does that make Activision just as morally rotten as King or the enrichers right after the second world war?

Discuss.
    Reaching...just a bit for something to hate about Blizz?

Deleted
    Where did they get the money for this? Isn't AB in significant debt after they bought themselves out from Vivendi?

"So we all know King...."

No? I actually had to look it up, and now that I know we're talking about Candy Crush I really couldn't care less

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Sounds like someone would have to try really hard to feel annoyed at any of this.
    Holy crap we agree on something.

/pops champagne

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    6 billion is very cheap, considering projected revenues due to the acquisition for the year are 36 billion.
    Are they really?

Fucking A.

That's crazy lol
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Deleted
    How the flying fuck does Candy Crush bring in 36billion - didnt quote it, some guy said it in here.

What the flip.

10+ Year Old Account
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by MissMin View Post
    How the flying fuck does Candy Crush bring in 36billion - didnt quote it, some guy said it in here.

What the flip.
    Every half dead person has it installed on their smartphone, globally. The amount of ads they can run is ridiculous. Outrageous even.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wait wait wait, Art pieces gaining value over time has nothing to do with stealing and rewarding stealing.
    Nothing has been stolen. Derivative work is something the gaming industry is built upon and it is the lifeblood of it. Similarity isn't the same as copyright infringement or theft. Otherwise Blizzard could have sued Quest Online for making an MMO which looks very much like WoW.
    Last edited by Ravenblade; 2015-11-03 at 01:41 PM.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/minNkTt.jpg[img]
    Oh god lol, I am so waiting for them to include massive micro transactions now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Oh god lol, I am so waiting for them to include massive micro transactions now.
    There pretty much is already. They are probably going to make it a B2P @ £49.99, a monthly fee and MTs
    -K

Blizzard moved into monetizing Warcraft a LONGGGGGGG time ago. It is just common sense. Expect way more of a pay wall on Candy Crush now.

When you start entering 100's of millions in revenue, finding a morally just company is like finding a dog who can blow bubbles with bubble gum.

Not at all surprised or upset that a large corporation would do this, its rather expected. While not owned by Blizzard, does this make mobile warcraft related games unlikely, no. I could see

Mobile Pet Battles
    Starcraft Zerg Crush

Or any number of possibilities from the Activision Blizzard catalog.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, 6 billion isn't exactly cheap. Minecraft sold for 1 billion, iirc.
    2.5, still that's seems like a deal compared to what they are going to make with expansions, storylines and merchandise most likely.

Candy crush, unless they come out with a new game, doesn't seem like much room to grow there.

.... Even more curious is why the fuck would you sell it for 6 billion if you know it's going to bring in 36 billion in revenue the next year.
    (Unless this is the projected revenue because of being brought under a new company with better producer and managerial skills to market the product more widely)
    Because they'd don't really make 36 billion. http://uk.businessinsider.com/r-cand...15-8?r=US&IR=T

Their net income is more likely to be around $119.3 million. Revenue somewhere around $489.5 million. This sounds a lot more reasonable given the selling price of 6 billion, which equals 600 million in 10 years, which is about 200 million above the current revenue.

How they actually got to 36 billion is unknown to me. Nobody here provided actual sources, if I'm correct.