Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrizar View Post
    I was hoping they would buy Peggle so we could play that during flight paths. Instead we get candy crush. Ugh
    Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    Look at the direction they have taken WoW, menus and mini-game bullshit. This isn't a surprising buy, it will make them plenty of money and that is what Activision wants, fuck morales.
    I didn't know Blizzard owned Call of Duty.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Activi...izzard#Studios

Does that mean that all the people who work at burger king also work for blizzard?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synadrasa View Post
    Does that mean that all the people who work at burger king also work for blizzard?
    That's crazy... Blizzards are from Dairy Queen.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    First of all, it's Actvision, and they're doing it to expand their product portfolio into mobile gaming.

King has been cheap for a while because of the waning popularity of Candy Crush, and it's cheap and easy to do acquisitions right now, so Activision is taking advantage.
    I guess Hearthstone isn't printing enough money for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I guess Hearthstone isn't printing enough money for them.
    I think it's more like: you can never have enough money.

Plus with the way the stock market is right now, and the fact that Activision has a pile of cash sitting offshore, they figured why not just buy something like King (HQ'ed in Ireland for those that didn't know)

Take one part IP brand name recognition.

Add two parts addiction based gaming.

Collect profit.

godwined the OP. fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Take one part IP brand name recognition.

Add two parts addiction based gaming.

Collect profit.
    I'm interested in how they think this buy will pay off... someone did the math, it pays off in like...35 years or something. :<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Sounds like someone would have to try really hard to feel annoyed at any of this.
    Whow, I agree with you for once. Damn..

I didn't know about this game or the company. But, now that I've seen the game..... How in the fuck, did this cost 5.9 billion when it cost disney only 4 billion to buy lucasfilm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I didn't know about this game or the company. But, now that I've seen the game..... How in the fuck, did this cost 5.9 billion when it cost disney only 4 billion to buy lucasfilm.
    Profits. King Games churns out around a quarter billion in profits a quarter, while Lucas Films... not so much. It's all down to the micro transaction "pay to win" games.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    This is activision, not blizzards decision, it be like blaming marvel for the reprehensible shit disney does just because it brought out marvel.

Kings a souless company with only money grubbing 'creators', but most companies these days are the same, your be hard pressed to find a company that doesn't screw others over for money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Can't wait for them to add Lollipop Hammers to WoW, maybe in a raid it would let you remove one of a bosses phases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    Inb4 wow on iphones
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrizar View Post
    I was hoping they would buy Peggle so we could play that during flight paths. Instead we get candy crush. Ugh
    Blizzard didn't buy it. Different entities.

How many references to CoD, Crash Bandicoot, Guitar Hero, Prototype, Skylanders, Tony Hawk, do you see in WoW? None? This is just another studio addition.
    Last edited by chazus; 2015-11-03 at 09:01 PM.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    For a seconds I thought the title said said "Blizzard buys Burger King"

I want my murloc burger, naow!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Thats the current market of gaming, everyone owns a phone or tablet now, and because its one of the "most popular" games to download for free, with the trend setting match free brainless puzzle system every zombie plays now, everyone downloads it or a version of this type of game, candy crush being the one at the top of the list.

Add in how the game makes vast sums of money from the micro transactions it has with its "free game", and you have something that makes more money then most console games with dlc.

This is why konami left the console market and decided to only focus on mobile games like this, because its head saw how easy it was to make money on producing something that was piss easy to make.

Deleted
    Activision was rotten to the core even without King

anyway I hope the whole 'mobile gaming' market dies a swift death soon

whats wrong with nazi art?

everything that has happened in the past has made the world exactly how it is today... i have zero complains about it and therefore im okay with Adolf and/or any other "bad" person/monarch/king/blah blah

10+ Year Old Account
    So? I mean, even though I'm a "HARDKÖRE" gamer, enjoying high-diffulty cRPGs and hardcore mode in aRPGs, Candy Crush is still a great timewaster when on my iPad, for any reason.

And it is also a great decision financially.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P