Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malachi256 View Post
    A quick search makes it look like he doesn't agree with the conspiracy-autism-vaccine people, but says that a few vaccines may not be as necessary as they're made out to be. Sounds like the informed opinion of a doctor?
    Which ones? It doesn't sound like an informed opinion, but a generalization. You can link what he said so we can have an informed opinion on what he believes about vaccines.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

A quick search makes it look like he doesn't agree with the conspiracy-autism-vaccine people, but says that a few vaccines may not be as necessary as they're made out to be. Sounds like the informed opinion of a doctor?
    Did you watch the Rep debate? Where he couldn't tell Trump that he was flat out bullshitting because Trump was popular and he wasn't at the time? Seems like this guy lacks some balls.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm perfectly happy sticking by that statement - not only am I right, but it puts me at odds with you, which is also a plus in my book.
    Go ahead and double down like Carson, stand your ground to the liberal scientists and statisticians!
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    He is an idiot when it comes to evolution because he does not believe in it. Drop the victim complex, the reason he is being insulted is quite clear. You can support him if you like, but trying to play a victim because people are calling out his disbelief in evolution, is grasping at straws at best.
    but you cant disagree with Obama with out being called a racist
    Look your side set the rules of the game we are just making it so you play by those rules

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    Obama said we had 57 states so then we would be correct calling him a Baboon for his ignorance
    For me? You can call him what ever you want, it doesn't say anything about me. I would feel that calling someone who does not believe in evolution an ape is more appropriate, but I don't give a shit what you call him. I'm not the one running around complaining that SJW tosses around the race card, just to do it at every chance I can. That's on you...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Look your side set the rules of the game we are just making it so you play by those rules
    Vyxn, the incarnation of self-victimizing and bar-oneliners.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's in your head. I disagree with Obama a lot and no one has ever called me racist. I've even used crime statistics of poverty and crime with race being the demographic, without being called racist. Maybe... Just maybe... It's you?

I think saying he is a neurosurgeon, as if that shields him from being stupid about other topics, is a bizarre way of defending him. Would you let a neurosurgeon work on your car? As the person you quoted said, he is a baboon for his creationist views, due to the irony of not believing in evolution.
    I think saying he is a neurosurgeon shields him from broad ad hom attacks like "he's an idiot."

And btw, creationists believe in quite a bit of evolution. Even YECs believe in plenty of microevolution, they just don't believe that mutation is a reasonable explanation for all biodiversity as we know it, let alone the initial singularity being the only reasonable explanation for the origin of the universe.

He is a baboon because he doesn't believe in evolution. As in, he hasn't evolved from being a baboon to believe he is human. He wasn't just called a baboon without justification, it was used as a result of not believing we evolved from monkeys. You can whine about liberals all you want, but I'm going to assume you are not liberal and are doing exactly what you accuse liberals of doing. So, what exactly differentiates you and Vyxn from the liberals you abhor so much when it comes to race bait? Nothing?
    Oh you are upset about his religion! Sorta like all them redneck were upset about Obama's but you are a Liberal and you cant be racist cuz you say so. Meanwhile Uncle Tom Carson is just baboon.....you sir are in denial.

Which ones? It doesn't sound like an informed opinion, but a generalization. You can link what he said so we can have an informed opinion on what he believes about vaccines.
    I'll let Cyberowl quote - he brought it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Did you watch the Rep debate? Where he couldn't tell Trump that he was flat out bullshitting because Trump was popular and he wasn't at the time? Seems like this guy lacks some balls.
    I don't think there's any question that he's soft spoken / not terribly aggressive.

For the record I'm not a Carson supporter. I just thought the "he's a creationist - he's an idiot babboon!" was just incredibly over the top for such an enlightened forum.

Where do you see racist?

- - - Updated - - -

You are litteraly here just to push race rhetoric?
    Throw that black man in the monkey cage

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Well if Carson is an idiot and the average poster around here is an enlightened genius, I'm happy to be lumped in with the idiots.
    If you want to believe in creationism, be my guest.
    But don't be surprised if that stance will get ridiculed .

- - - Updated - - -

Why are you assuming everybody who disagrees with carson supports poeple who think disagreeing with Obama is a racist?

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Throw that creationist in the monkey cage
    Fixed that, for you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uvwaex View Post
    Fixed that, for you!
    Great... now I have the Eric Idle song for the Infinite Monkey Cage stuck in my head.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    If you want to believe in creationism, be my guest.
    But don't be surprised if that stance will get ridiculed .
    Disagreeing with particular stances/ideas/beliefs in a rational manner is a hallmark of civilization.

Ridiculing people with broad strokes because of their beliefs, especially beliefs that are more philosophical than scientific, is a hallmark of kool-aid drinkers and propagandists.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Oh you are upset about his religion! Sorta like all them redneck were upset about Obama's but you are a Liberal and you cant be racist cuz you say so. Meanwhile Uncle Tom Carson is just baboon.....you sir are in denial.
    There's the small factor that Dr. Carson actually IS a creationist while Obama's not Muslim. You know, facts and stuff. I know that gets in the way of your rhetoric, but you should consider them before posting in the first place.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

15+ Year Old Account
    Disagreeing with particular stances/ideas/beliefs in a rational manner is a hallmark of civilization.

Ridiculing people with broad strokes because of their beliefs, especially beliefs that are more philosophical than scientific, is a hallmark of kool-aid drinkers and propagandists.
    Creationism, and religion in general isn't rational.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

Haha, are you fucking serious?
    if no proof exists for a certain belief, is perfectly acceptable if its as ridiculous as creationism.
    Or is also wrong to ridicule anti-vaxxers if they believe it for 'religious' reasons?

We call those kind of people religious nuts for a reason. And you have no idea what propaganda or 'drinking the cool aid' actually means.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Creationism, and religion in general isn't rational.
    Accepting creationism as the truth has no place in a secular government.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    if no proof exists for a certain belief, is perfectly acceptable if its as ridiculous as creationism.
    I can't wait to see your proof for the initial singularity or for abiogenesis.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait to see your proof for the initial singularity or for abiogenesis.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic...ound_radiation