Thread: Aggro! :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    I hear a lot of complaints about aggro even though there are still plenty of decks that can work against them in ranked/casual. Tempo mage, dragon priest, control warrior, fatigue warrior just to name a few. Plus I don't think most of the player base understands that if you cripple aggro too much in HS you will see a rise in more reliable combo decks. Aggro curbs combo/otk decks in most card games, HS included.
    The point isn't that control is so shit that it litterally cannot win against aggo, the point is that control needs to draw into it's defensive cards early or they just flat out lose to the hyper aggression. There isn't really an hierarchy in HS where it theoretically be:

Control>Aggro, Aggro>Combo, Combo>Control

That just isn't the case, aggro right now is so heavily favored because 90% of their decks are centered around super powerful 1-3 drops which they constantly machine gun out throughout the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    People take winning so damn seriously, thats the main issue ;p
    Winning is everything to people who need more dust for cards. That's actually part of the problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Is that why I see the same decks in casual as I do ranked? Yep
    I've talked to some people both ingame and IRL who have said that they reach a certain rank, basically what the peak of their cardpool will alow and then play casual for gold, xp and quests, especially now that you get the treasure chest for your rank at end of season and casual making it easier to finish quests than ranked does. They've done it, I've done it and I'm sure countless others have done and will continue to do it.

It does suck though for newer players, my brother has a month old HS account without even all the basic cards unlocked yet and he's getting creamed. If he hadn't gotten about half a Mage deck worth of cards from the packs and gold you get in the intro/training modes he'd be even worse off.

My point still stands though that unless you don't care about rank casual is for trying out your home brewed decks and experimenting, not ranked.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Deleted
    Hearthstone for me today:

- Face Hunter
    - Face Hunter
    - Hybrid Hunter
    - Face Paladin
    - Secretadin
    - Secretadin
    - Secretadin
    - Face Druid
    - Mech Face Druid
    - Zoo
    - Secretadin
    - Face Hunter
    - Control Priest
    - Secretadin
    - Handlock

13 out of 15 opponents were face or aggro. What a joy.
    Last edited by mmoc9f0bced709; 2015-11-05 at 05:48 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtarc1987 View Post
    Hearthstone for me today:

- Face Hunter
    - Face Hunter
    - Hybrid Hunter
    - Face Paladin
    - Secretadin
    - Secretadin
    - Secretadin
    - Face Druid
    - Mech Face Druid
    - Zoo
    - Secretadin
    - Face Hunter
    - Control Priest
    - Secretadin
    - Handlock

13 out of 15 opponents were face or aggro. What a joy.

Ye that's pretty much your ladder experience today. Hunter hunter paladin priest hunter hunter mage hunter paladin hunter warlock. No rogues, no shamans, very few midrange decks, almost no control decks. Playing against those as a control deck is really not fun because for the first 6-7 turns you're just trying to survive the constant onslaught of face rush, hoping for them to run out of cards. As a warrior I can win vs. hunter by having lots of armor, unstable ghouls, armorsmiths and whirlwinds in the first 10 cards of my deck. That dosn't always happen though.

Even Arena isn't fun to play anymore. It's far too RNG and it's almost impossible to come back from things like Seal of Champions token minion trading with your 4-drop or lucky Murloc Knight. Card pool saturation makes board clears very rare.

You know what's awesome?

Hunter, paladin and warlock got cards that are either aggro or at controlling aggro in the new expansion today, while warrior got 2 joke cards and another weapon, which while strong, means you are more prone to aggression damage too!

I don't know if they don't get it or if they want the game to be aggro focused, but they made it worse again with the new cards.

Warlock got nothing for aggro. None of the cards are fast enough to be in a zoo or aggro warlock deck. Malygos and midrange warlock may use the two drop.

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    Warlock got nothing for aggro. None of the cards are fast enough to be in a zoo or aggro warlock deck. Malygos and midrange warlock may use the two drop.
    1 mana for a 5/5 that pretty much EVERY warlock deck has multiple ways to activate will help warlock aggro decks. It won't help in turn one or two, but it will help when you cast implosion, or when you have sticky minions on the board like voidcallers leading into chargers.

It's very win-more, but it's VERY win-more.
    Last edited by Delekii; 2015-11-07 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    1 mana for a 5/5 that pretty much EVERY warlock deck has multiple ways to activate will help warlock aggro decks. It won't help in turn one or two, but it will help when you cast implosion, or when you have sticky minions on the board like voidcallers leading into chargers.

It's very win-more, but it's VERY win-more.
    Dead in your hand 98% of the time. Dies to the same board clears that are the only thing that could make you lose from that position. Worse than sea giant by far, and nobody plays sea giant except zoo and even there it's like a one-off.

It's a worthless card.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Dead in your hand 98% of the time. Dies to the same board clears that are the only thing that could make you lose from that position. Worse than sea giant by far, and nobody plays sea giant except zoo and even there it's like a one-off.

It's a worthless card.
    Most of them are.

The point is, the card benefits an archetype that is already far too dominant in the game, which is indicative the Blizzard either doesn't realise this, or doesn't care.

The fact that it is bad is neither here nor there; the vast majority of cards coming out should be aiming at slowing down the game. Most are the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollShaman View Post
    If you can't beat them, join them.

Except instead of playing Face Hunter I attempted to ladder with eboladin to good success.
    Been there, done that...

But even when im succesful with an agro deck, i get bored within 1-2 days of playing it and i delete the deck again. Sometimes i even give a shot to a facehunter, but then i have to watch in another direction when im standing infront of the mirror

Then i come back again to my more creative and imo also more fun to play decks. The downside to them is that i rarely make it out of ranks 10-15 :P

Deleted
    After getting matched countless times against Face Hunters in Casual Mode I decided to make a deck to counter them. The deck has a 100% win rate against them (over 11 games), they can't do anything to beat this deck because of all the healing, board wipes and huge taunts. The deck isn't as good against Face Druid or Secretadin because they play cards like Boom, Fel Reaver, Dr. 6 or Tirion but sometimes you can get such a ridiculous start that you win by default.

Anyway, for anyone playing Casual Mode and in need to finish some quests but is tired of facing Face Hunters, I would invite you to try this deck. It makes them cry.