Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mmokri View Post
    It is like Rogue. You die without counter play. Then you try to hunt it down, and kill decoys and eat restealths.
    Except there's tons of counter play.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    I love the gathering power buff.

Decoy, snipe, pinning shot, rewind, decoy, snipe, pinning shot. Even tanks like anub drop in 2 secs.
    And here I was thinking rewind had no real use.next time I see it I will reconsider this talent.

Whenever I derp around with her, I go clones and Rewind. Total Confusion: Activate!

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    Except there's tons of counter play.
    Seriously. She isnt hard to spot once you know how and only one hero cant knock her out of stealth: Lili. Pretty much every other hero has an aoe or skillshot that can hit her.

Then there are talents like the Scouting Drone, Kharazims revealing dash, Rhegars Far Sight and Tass' Oracle that can spot her.

Cho'Galls Eye of Killrogg, while similar to the Drone, does not actually reveal her saddly but as Gall I found it easy to actively look around for her while my Cho moved us around.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Seriously. She isnt hard to spot once you know how and only one hero cant knock her out of stealth: Lili. Pretty much every other hero has an aoe or skillshot that can hit her.

Then there are talents like the Scouting Drone, Kharazims revealing dash, Rhegars Far Sight and Tass' Oracle that can spot her.

Cho'Galls Eye of Killrogg, while similar to the Drone, does not actually reveal her saddly but as Gall I found it easy to actively look around for her while my Cho moved us around.
    Scouting Drone also doesn't reveal stealth. The difference between Scouting Drone and Eye of Kil'rogg is that the Eye can actually be hidden (in bushes and such).

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    Scouting Drone also doesn't reveal stealth. The difference between Scouting Drone and Eye of Kil'rogg is that the Eye can actually be hidden (in bushes and such).
    Actually it can't be hidden.

Confirmed via my own and vs another Cho'Gall they clearly saw mine (they skillshot it while it was hidden) that was in a bush, and I could see theirs that were in bushes (even though I wasn't in the bush, nor was an ally). Not sure if bug or not, but it was clearly visible even through I should have had no way of seeing it where it was (in a bush).

They still help vs Novas though, as it gives a larger area for you to scout for her shimmer.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I've never had a problem with getting burst nuked by her, typically if she gets the drop on me and takes a 50% chunk off of me before I drive her off or kill her. The fact she is not invisible but blurry means I usually get the drop on her.

Blizz said at blizzcon that of all the characters she is the one they mentioned that needed fixing and Uther is the one that needs slight nerfs. No other character nerfs were mentioned and that says a lot about how bad she is currently.
    Actually, Tychus was mentioned in that same train of thought as well. They mentioned that both Nova and Tychus are in for at least some sort of a rework.

I don't like nova when i'm playing a squishy champ as she basically one shots you before you can even react. Other than that, I have no problem with Nova.

haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Regifie View Post
    They mentioned that both Nova and Tychus are in for at least some sort of a rework.
    I don't like that word. She just needs something added to either contribute in teamfights or kill/subdue warriors (which I suppose are not mutually exclusive). Nothing big, just enough to make her less than completely worthless when the other team is choo-chooing around like tryhards. Pls no rework.

Deleted
    Lacked Nova experience to chime in earlier, but according to Murphy's law, your team has a strong tendency to get the worthless Novas, who just lurk and killsteal Heroes, who'd have died 0.3 secs later anyway - and the other team those who roam and disrupt.

Nova doesn't get hate. The players playing Nova get hate.

See, Nova can make or break the match. A good Nova will almost win a game all by herself. That's one out of ten Novas, though. The other 9 are going to lose it for you, because they saw the one hero Nova and think it's an easy hero to play. And then they fuck it up, miss all skill shots, forget that you can be spotted even in stealth, think they can one shot tanks, solo mercs and waste a lot of time that they could use scouting or picking off other assassins... the list of fails are endless with this hero.

It's not the hero that gets hate. It's the players.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Nova doesn't get hate. The players playing Nova get hate.

See, Nova can make or break the match. A good Nova will almost win a game all by herself. That's one out of ten Novas, though. The other 9 are going to lose it for you, because they saw the one hero Nova and think it's an easy hero to play. And then they fuck it up, miss all skill shots, forget that you can be spotted even in stealth, think they can one shot tanks, solo mercs and waste a lot of time that they could use scouting or picking off other assassins... the list of fails are endless with this hero.

It's not the hero that gets hate. It's the players.
    And the people who has no clue how to play against her.

- - - Updated - - -

Nova either destroys everyone and carries a team or is completely useless. There is pretty much no middle ground. She gets hatred from teammates for sucking or opponents for wrecking people so its easy to see why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    Nova either destroys everyone and carries a team or is completely useless. There is pretty much no middle ground. She gets hatred from teammates for sucking or opponents for wrecking people so its easy to see why.
    She only carries a team if your team is capable of laning properly without you (so you can wander).

If your team can lane well, keeping your teams XP from falling behind then Nova can just go around and pick off enemies one at a time. This means when you eventually team fight, they should already be down at least 1 hero thanks to the Nova.

I played nova in game earlier and god the new GP is silly with full stacks (at least I think 30% is higher than it was). I was out of the game for a few months but her burst now is beyond laughable. Lvl 20 vs a lvl 19 Sonya, killed her through her stoneskin (or whatever her version is called) with the rewind combo. 130% with shield to 0 in like 1.5 seconds, didn't even use my ult. The fact that she got her stoneskin off is credit to the players insane reaction speed. That just should not be possible against a bruiser warrior, especially with a CD up like that. Nova snowballs so hard if you play well early I've won every game with her since I got back by a lot. Master MMR too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

She only carries a team if your team is capable of laning properly without you (so you can wander).

If your team can lane well, keeping your teams XP from falling behind then Nova can just go around and pick off enemies one at a time. This means when you eventually team fight, they should already be down at least 1 hero thanks to the Nova.
    Yes this is correct. I have won a HL game with a team of 3x supports, nova and butcher against a more balanced comp (assassins/tank/support), where a couple of our supports were just minion farming like crazy. Since it was sky temple, we just had to be good in team fights get get forts down. Our Nova was able to dish out all the damage to the opponents during team fights.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    I played nova in game earlier and god the new GP is silly with full stacks (at least I think 30% is higher than it was). I was out of the game for a few months but her burst now is beyond laughable. Lvl 20 vs a lvl 19 Sonya, killed her through her stoneskin (or whatever her version is called) with the rewind combo. 130% with shield to 0 in like 1.5 seconds, didn't even use my ult. The fact that she got her stoneskin off is credit to the players insane reaction speed. That just should not be possible against a bruiser warrior, especially with a CD up like that. Nova snowballs so hard if you play well early I've won every game with her since I got back by a lot. Master MMR too.
    So maybe the stated rework will just be an adjustment to a few more talents. They have already 1) baked the dismount into Lethal decoy and 2) adjusted gathering power to give more potential stacks. However the GP buff applies to all heroes. So it is a moot point. Because if there is any other adjustment that needs to be made, than that calls for an ability rework. As noted, its also interesting to see that Rewind is actually used on Nova.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Because she's a QM pubstomp hero with little value in high end play.

/thread /10chars

Now....while Nova isn't an issue on her own, something that really annoys me is this:

When the enemy team gets both a Nova AND a Zeratul and your team has no hard-counter to them (such as Tassadar).

Those two working together (which they usually end up doing in QM. Very often they roam together and just pick off your assassins or supports) can vaporize pretty much anyone in a quick one-two hit (Zera runs in and cleaves/bombs you while Nova snipes) off the playing field and ensure team fights are never 5v5.

MM needs to try and balance out stealthies, keep it one per side imo.

The only way to really counter that is roll a warrior and go for high hp builds (Diablo works wonders for countering this duo).

Now....while Nova isn't an issue on her own, something that really annoys me is this:

When the enemy team gets both a Nova AND a Zeratul and your team has no hard-counter to them (such as Tassadar).

Those two working together (which they usually end up doing in QM. Very often they roam together and just pick off your assassins or supports) can vaporize pretty much anyone in a quick one-two hit (Zera runs in and cleaves/bombs you while Nova snipes) off the playing field and ensure team fights are never 5v5.

MM needs to try and balance out stealthies, keep it one per side imo.

The only way to really counter that is roll a warrior and go for high hp builds (Diablo works wonders for countering this duo).
    The best way to counter Nova or Zeratul for me is to just shoot them in the face. It's ridiculously easy to spot them when you know what to look for.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    The best way to counter Nova or Zeratul for me is to just shoot them in the face. It's ridiculously easy to spot them when you know what to look for.
    Depends on what hero you are on. But my point is more when both work together that they are a threat. Each on their own is managable, but when they work together to gank someone, that person is likely done for.

So my issue isn't either on their own, it's that QM keeps putting both together in a double-stealth comp.