Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    This woman is a feminist as the Westboro Baptist Church are simply Christians.

America has done a wonderful job of hijacking ideologies and morphing them into something vastly different than what they should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Jeez where have you been. You still use that dictionary definition like we're still in the 20th century.

It's 2015, feminism is about hating men, smashing patriarchy, destroying masculinity and gender roles and being a proud misandrist.

Get with the times.
    To be fair its not that bad in finland...yet atleast.
    On topic she made very clear what her prejudice was and if someone made that kinda comment about me i'd just skip it aswell...

Deleted
    Seems that women is just a very unpleasent person.

She's so obsessed with how people could do her wrong she's doing it herself to everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well we made it 24 hours without a new woman thread. New record but I'd hope it would last longer.

Anyways shocker: treating people like they might be scum turns them off, but I suppose rads lack common sense

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Feminism threads on Gen OT haven't been the same since the political lesbians stopped posting.
    yay it's cybran!
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Feminism doesn't JUST mean equality...
    Or at all, really.

I'm sure there's a great deal of people who think of themselves as feminists for whom it does mean what Summer wrote. Those people have clearly not looked at what he modern feminist movement has been up to. When feminists openly attempt - and succeed! - to take away a person's right to a fair trial, should he happens to be a man accused of rape, then whatever their goals may be, equality is not high on the list.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're being a real fuckboy about consent right now, Crissi.

For shame.
    You know, I don't understand what that means...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    You know, I don't understand what that means...
    yeah crissi stop being such a humpman.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Ignoring for a moment that feminism has stopped meaning those things, and hasn't meant them for a while now: Sorry, what? "The radical notion that women are also human beings and wanting to make sure we have the same rights and opportunities in life as men." You live in Scandinavia. You could not possibly be in a better place for women, and you're still blaring the trumpets about how you're not seen as a human being, and don't have the same rights as men? Jaysus fucking chrïst.
    "Feminism is the radical notion that women are people" is a quote from the 80's I've always found funny and clever, I'm sorry should not have attempted humor when people are on a rampage :/

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    There is no reason to be a feminist in a society that already has equal rights.
    No! :P

Again, I'm not familiar with how everything works in US but I can give you examples of things that still need work in Finland:

- (Paid) parental leaves are still longer for women than men. Why on earth? This leads into women having much longer absences from work hurting their careers, and fathers having less time to spend with their new baby. There should be no legal difference between a mother and father beyond the fact that women will need some time to recover from birth, everything else should be up to the parents to decide. I believe Sweden has a better system already.

- Military service is only obligatory for men. This is a men's issue but us feminists look for equality for both genders :P

- Men get paid more than women on average, even within the same job category. Why? this has likely a lot to do with the time away from work women have because of children but there are also other reasons for it, and they can be worked on. This does *not* mean forced quotas or anything of the sort.

- Random attitude problems. I've chosen a male-dominated field (physics) and as a student ran into a lot of prejudice from other students but more importantly professors on whether women have a place in science or not. A professor in my university gave an interview to the student magazine saying that women just don't have the mental capacity for engineering (wtf?). Once I got quite upset with an Italian professor for saying he had a really good PhD student but that he'd have to fire her if she ever had children as mothers lose focus in their jobs. Probably related to this is the fact that 60+ % of university students in Finland now are female, however the higher in university hierarchy you go the less women there are, to the point where we still have a mere handful of female professors especially in science. This kind of stuff should not be allowed to continue - saying that women have the same *legal* rights is not enough, we also have to get rid of the glass ceiling. Why is it that only two women have ever won a physics Nobel, the last more than 50 years ago? I can't believe it's because women are that much stupider so why then? could it be related to the fact that searching an internet toy store for science toys I get lots of robot things with pictures of boys playing with them, accompanied by a make up head for girls?

Got a bit rambly there but saying that feminism isn't needed because everyone already has equal rights is the same as saying that there's no need to oppose racism since everyone has the same rights. Everyone may have the same rights in theory, but there can still be inequality in practise, and can always work on attitudes :P

Also, if some US people have now decided that what used to be feminism is now normal while feminism now means batshit crazy that's your business I guess, but I think most of the civilized world will disagree with you.
    Last edited by Summer; 2015-11-04 at 08:56 AM.

Deleted
    The issue here is, from the very get go she comes off as deranged and creepy herself. She opens the entire thing by threatening him and already depicting him as dangerous. I'd bail also, not just because of the innate social danger steeming from getting yourself into a possibly compromising situation but because she's basically all she supposedly stands against in terms of creepiness, entitlement, prejudice etc.

Summer are you new to gen-OT?

Either ways, have fun with this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    - (Paid) parental leaves are still longer for women than men. Why on earth?
    "I am allowed to stay away longer, this is totally unfair to me!"
    Men get paid more than women on average, even within the same job category.
    Sticking longer with the same company, working more hours per week, actually being more assertive about their wage etc are some of the most common reasons. Ofc it can't be anything else but discrimination to you!

Deleted
    They, "feminists", whine about anything and anyone.

I don't see what the problem is about tbh. Guy didn't want to date her. He gave his reasons (tbh he even could not give them at all and just decline and it still would be ok) and she goes psycho. Imagine that, he has his own rights and that includes rejecting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post

Sticking longer with the same company, working more hours per week, actually being more assertive about their wage etc are some of the most common reasons. Ofc it can't be anything else but discrimination to you!
    Men negotiate their salaries more often. If women agree to do the same job for less and don't negotiate. Who's fault is it ?

Deleted
    Theres the modern-day feminism we know and love.
    It reminds me of the time they tried to push progressive and artistic games last year, almost all of whom were endorsed by the gaming press and advertised heavily just to completely flop and cause some companies to go belly up. Now they gave up on that instead trying to force tripple A developers to accomodate them rather than take the risk themselves.

They just ignore that demographics, interests etc differ and that something being mayorly a male interest and thus marketed to them isn't a bad thing and doesn't mean they can't come and play with robots and read sci-fi aswell (untill they try to appropriate and forcefully change the entire thing that is many communities are actually fairly welcoming).

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post

Did I say it's unfair to me or discrimination against me? But on a society level, there's no reason to just accept these things as inevitable, we can make the world a better place.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Summer are you new to gen-OT?

Either ways, have fun with this one.
    Yeah this won't be going anywhere but get so depressed by these threads. I hope people will grow of it though, assuming most are quite young.

Personally, I think American feminists and masculinists just need to drop the bullshit and go get laid.

"Feminism is the radical notion that women are people" is a quote from the 80's I've always found funny and clever, I'm sorry should not have attempted humor when people are on a rampage :/

No! :P

Again, I'm not familiar with how everything works in US but I can give you examples of things that still need work in Finland:

- (Paid) parental leaves are still longer for women than men. Why on earth? This leads into women having much longer absences from work hurting their careers, and fathers having less time to spend with their new baby. There should be no legal difference between a mother and father beyond the fact that women will need some time to recover from birth, everything else should be up to the parents to decide. I believe Sweden has a better system already.

- Military service is only obligatory for men. This is a men's issue but us feminists look for equality for both genders :P

- Men get paid more than women on average, even within the same job category. Why? this has likely a lot to do with the time away from work women have because of children but there are also other reasons for it, and they can be worked on. This does *not* mean forced quotas or anything of the sort.

- Random attitude problems. I've chosen a male-dominated field (physics) and as a student ran into a lot of prejudice from other students but more importantly professors on whether women have a place in science or not. A professor in my university gave an interview to the student magazine saying that women just don't have the mental capacity for engineering (wtf?). Once I got quite upset with an Italian professor for saying he had a really good PhD student but that he'd have to fire her if she ever had children as mothers lose focus in their jobs. Probably related to this is the fact that 60+ % of university students in Finland now are female, however the higher in university hierarchy you go the less women there are, to the point where we still have a mere handful of female professors especially in science. This kind of stuff should not be allowed to continue - saying that women have the same *legal* rights is not enough, we also have to get rid of the glass ceiling. Why is it that only two women have ever won a physics Nobel, the last more than 50 years ago? I can't believe it's because women are that much stupider so why then? could it be related to the fact that searching an internet toy store for science toys I get lots of robot things with pictures of boys playing with them, accompanied by a make up head for girls?

Got a bit rambly there but saying that feminism isn't needed because everyone already has equal rights is the same as saying that there's no need to oppose racism since everyone has the same rights. Everyone may have the same rights in theory, but there can still be inequality in practise, and can always work on attitudes :P

Also, if some US people have now decided that what used to be feminism is now normal while feminism now means batshit crazy that's your business I guess, but I think most of the civilized world will disagree with you.
    See, and most of what you posted is exactly what makes you so different compared to popular feminism in the US

You are actually a woman...arguing that some things are unfair for men on some issues and unfair for woman on others.

That's practically unheard of within the mainstream discussion in the US.

Edit: also, referencing "most of the civilized world" in the US has successfully ben branded as almost un-American by the political right. To the point where only the Liberal left ever refer to other countries in their discussions.

Deleted
    Did I say it's unfair to me or discrimination against me? But on a society level, there's no reason to just accept these things as inevitable, we can make the world a better place.
    You are citing something that is a CHOICE on your part, an advantage you're offered to partake but don't have to and you turn around and decry it as "forcing women to stay away from work longer". So yes, you did say it's unfair and discriminatory despite giving you a choice to profit from something only you get offered because you don't get your bread buttered both sides at the same time.
    Yeah this won't be going anywhere but get so depressed by these threads. I hope people will grow of it though, assuming most are quite young.
    Why, because people are calling you out on your bullshit? "Hey they don't just swallow the stuff I say even though I threw some appeasement in alongside it. Some people pointed out just WHY it's bullshit and now I'll pretend to be sad so as to not having to respond properly."

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    Personally, I think American feminists and masculinists just need to drop the bullshit and go get laid.
    Wont help, this isn't about sex, it's about these people being political fundamentalists. They have found themselves an "ism" and many people who do will go to extreme lenghts to see their "ism" come to life.

Deleted
    What the, is a "fuckboy", never heard.

I'm going to guess that at the minimum, this thread consists of the pseudo-alphas who ironically spend most of their time crying about women. Since the thread isn't large, I'd bet their antagonists haven't joined the discussion yet.